The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ascending Evil

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Prologue

Droplets of water bombarded the ground all over. The grey clouds overhead darkening the world beneath them. Lightning flashed, and the gloomy landscape seemed sterile, unmoving, unliving.

But this was shattered when a tiny little mammal crawled on the ground. She was searching for food and was the only living thing in sight. Or was she?

Suddenly, an enormous foot smashed down onto the little creature. It gave a tiny squeak of shock and pain, and died. The sickening crunch that filled the air as its killer stepped down filled the air.

The foot belonged to a sharptooth. A very large sharptooth, over 60 feet long, and 30 feet tall. His great fin on the back of his neck cut through the air like a sword through skin. His six foot arms and 12 inch claws were illuminated in another lightning strike.

His crocodile like head was frightening, it was covered in scars, and when he opened his mouth to let out the most frightening roar heard in the area, foot long, razor sharp teeth gleamed.

His scales were a terrifying jet black, like obsidian. His powerful legs lifting his 8 ton body off the ground, and his thick, enourmous tail gave him balance to stand upright.

But most imposing of all, his piercing, burning, terrifying red eyes. They had the look that would make even the most accomplished liars in the world fess up.. Their blood red appearance and black slit in the middle gave the shaprtooth a truly terrifying appearance.

He liked to keep it that way. As he lifted his foot, he saw the flattened body of the mammal at his foot. He smirked, taking pleasure in its death. He started walking off, his feet shaking the ground with every step.

He didn't even eat the dead animal. Unlike most sharpteeth, who kill to eat, he killed for fun, for sport. He tortured his prey, made them suffer, before finally killing them. His appearance and manner made him everything that evil was.

He also wasn't alone. He had an army, 500 sharpteeth who followed, still following him, his subjects. Their were three other notorious sharpteeth in his pack. Redclaw, an equally sadistic, short tempered, vicious t-rex. Sharptooth, their name sake,  a cruel, cold, calculating T-rex who took a particular hatred to longnecks, due to his family's death at the hands of them.

Last, but not least, Gigas. Gigas was as calculating as Sharptooth, and as sadistic as Darkclaw, but he also was a skilled linguist, understanding leaf eater, sharptooth, mammalian, and Sea animal.

Together, these four had created a pack that they used to start a campaign to create an empire, by recruiting other sharpteeth to join their cause, and attacking other sharpteeth territory and enslaving the flatteeth herds.

This had nearly worked 50 years earlier. They had amassed over 200 sharpteeth followers and went on a dramatic campaihn to enslave the leaf eaters, but soon, after reeling from horrific casualties and traumatizing battles, the leaf eaters regrouped and attacked again.

The battle that followed ended with their defeat. Even so, them and their allies had more then doubled their army, and were now preparing to again launch an attack. He, Darkclaw, would rise again.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 1, Looming War

Littlefoot just arrived at the rock circle. Today was an exceedingly important meeting so all of the valley inhabitants were told to come. Even the children. Still, Littlefoot was glad that he was now an adult, and so was the gang, now they didn't have to run on any adventures, they could simply fight off any threats.

Chomper had found a way to survive in the valley into adulthood, by eating fish. (A/N: I believe that if a spinosaur could survive off fish, being bigger then T-rex, then Chomper could to) This had allowed him to stay with his friends, which made them all happy, as they could be together.

Ruby and her family moved in when Ruby was a teenager and they had settled in well with the rest of the group, though, like Chomper, they were sometimes distrusted due to the fact that some of their kind ate eggs, though they didn't.

Almost all of them had also found mates; Littlefoot and Ali eventually told eachother that they loved eachother and became mates. Cera had found a young male threehorn named Tri who shared her personality. Ducky had met a swimmer named Para who was a little bit more down to earth but still a little like Ducky. Petrie had run into a flyer named Tera when they found her unconscious near the great wall, she was alot like Petrie, and taught him proper grammar skills.

Ruby had met a male Fast Runner named Emerald when he saved her from a fast biter, she brought him to the Great Valley and became mates with him. Chomper and Spike were the only ones who hadn't found mates yet, Spike didn't seem interested in starting a family and Chomper wanted a mate but couldn't find one for obvious reasons.

All of them were there, and they saw two dome heads standing in the middle, conversing with Grandpa Longneck. Littlefoot had a good look at his face, and he would do a double take if he could. Grandpa had fear in his eyes, genuine fear. Littlefoot hadn't seen that since his mother died.

Grandpa nodded and turned to the crowd. They fell silent upon seeing his face. "Everyone, it has come to our attention that, as horrible as it seems, he is back."

Whispered conversations among the adults filled the air. "Who is he?" Asked Mrs. Maia, looking afraid to ask. Grandpa lowered his head, and said. "Darkclaw." That word caused an atmosphere of absolute panic and anxiety.

All around the adults began running in circles, screaming, acting like a bunch of hatchlings cornered by a sharptooth. "Silence!" Mr. Threehorn roared, they fell silent, "where is the proof of this?" He snapped at the domeheads.

The larger of the two stepped up, "he attacked our herd weeks ago, he killed all of them but us, he told us to let you know that he was coming." She said.

"You call that proof? It sounds like a bunch of fear-mongering, he can't be back!" Topsy sneered. The other one, obviously younger, stepped forward. "You call 20 dead domeheads fear mongering." He snarled.

"He's not back!" Threehorn growled. Suddenly there was a flapping sound and a very scared looking Pterano came fluttering down. "They're not lying, he is back!" Pterano cried.

Everyone seemed taken aback by this, if three leaf eaters who didn't know eachother said the same thing, could it be true, but, on the other claw, he was notorious for lying in the past, but the look on his face said it was true.

"Ba! This means nothing, Darkclaw is dead!" Threehorn growled. The domeheads were getting frustrated. However, before either of them stepped forward, Chomper walked in.

The domeheads noticed him for the first time and let out a growl of distrust. "What is he doing here?" The older one asked. "Yeah, he's probably a spy for Darklaw." Chomper's eyes narrowed to slits at those words. "How dare you! I would never hurt anyone here!" He snarled.

"Yeah sure! Tell me when Darkclaw sent you!" The younger domehead sneered. "He never was sent here! He was born here, me and my friends found his egg and took him here, he'd never hurt us!" Littlefoot growled.

"Oh really..." The younger domehead started, but Chomper let out an earsplitting roar that silenced the crowd. "LISTEN DOMEHEADS, I AM NOT LIKE THAT MONSTER! I NEVER WILL BE LIKE HIM! I LOST MY GRANDPARENTS TO HIM DURING THE WAR! Chomper screamed.

Silence fell, and Littlefoot's mind was doing a double take. Chomper knew about this, and he lost family members, but they were sharpteeth, why would they be attacked?

The domeheads looked surprised, and then realized what he was talking about. "We're sorry." They said. Chomper nodded curtly at them. "I will go and wait for him, and if I spot him, I will come back, you say he's a few miles away, then I'll wait for him, and tell you if I see him." Chomper announced.

Everyone let out shocked gasps, someone willingly searching for Darkclaw, was anyone that brave. "How will we know if your not letting him know what's happening?" The younger domehead asked. Chomper was about to say something, but Petrie cut him off.

"I will go with Chomper." He said. "WHAT?" Everyone cried. "I can follow him from the air and make sure he is alright." Petrie explained. Everyone realized what he wass getting at.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After saying goodbye to his mate and their friends, Petrie and Chomper set off, and slowly they walked, the great wall of the valley shrinking into the distance.

However Chomper started to walk slower, trying not to make as much noise. Petrie thought he heard something. Suddenly, ten raptors leapt out of a bush and knocked the young sharptooth down. "Chomper!" Petrie cried. "Get out of here Petrie!" Chomper called back.

Petrie didn't want to abandon his friend, but he realized that he couldn't save him, so he flew up, but he saw out of the corner of his eye, a huge, dark sharptooth stalking towards Chomper and the Raptors, followed by dozens of sharpteeth, and atleast a hundred more raptors.

Darkclaw, Petrie thought as he saw them.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 2, Darkclaw

Chomper struggled against the raptors, but couldn't get up, there were too many and he was to small, but he stopped when he saw the black colored spinosaur stalking towards him.

The raptors stopped to. One stepped off and bowed. "He is subdued my lord." The raptor stated. "Excellent Nychus." Darkclaw replied. The raptor, now identified as Nychus beamed for a little bit and stood beside the Spinosaurus.

"Am I correct in the assumption that this adolescent is Chomper?" Darkclaw asked. "Yes," Chomper said quietly, not looking into the killer's burning red eyes. "Well this is quite lucky isn't it, the second casualty of this war is the traitor to his kind." Darkclaw announced, the sharpteeth and raptors laughed because of this.

Darkclaw didn't join in but moved his head to just above Chomper's. "So you decided to come to stop me to save your friends? How flattooth." Darkclaw sneeed, his army laughed again. Chomper bared his teeth but he could do nothing else.

"Oh now I remember, you also came here to avenge your grandparents?" Darkclaw asked, smirking. "Yes, you'll pay for what you did!" Chomper growled.

Darkclaw let out a chuckle of amusement. "You think you can fight me? Very well." Darkclaw sneered. "Let him go!" Darkclaw said to the raptors, they obliged.

"You must have some experience, now take your best shot." Darkclaw said. Chomper lunged forward, only to get slapped back to the ground by Darkclaw's tail. "Oh well done! I'm sure your parents would be proud, especially your filthy mother." Darkclaw said sarcastically.

Chomper lunged again but was gain knocked to the ground. "I'm going to kill you Chomper, I am going to destroy you." Darkclaw paused. "After tonight, no one will ever again question me, if they speak of you, they will only speak of how you begged for death, and, a merciful lord, obliged."

"Get up!" He ordered and Chomper was somehow forced to get up. Darkclaw turned around for a second. Chomper tried to flee, but Darkclaw slammed a rock at him knocking him down. "Don't you turn your back on me Chomper! I want you to look at me when I kill you! I want to see the light leave your eyes!" Chomper had enough, he wasn't going to run, he would fight, even though he was certain to lose.

He got up and walked towards the spinosaurus. "Have it your way." He charged at the sharptooth and they collided. Darkclaw attempted to knock him down but he dodged and rammed into him.

Darkclaww raised his claws and slashed Chomper's face. "Do nothing, he's mine!" Darkclaw screamed. Chomper attacked again and Darkclaw attempted another tail swipe.

Chomper however bit down. Darkclaw screwed his face in pain but didn't scream, and lunged. He grabbed Chomper by the neck, and began the neck crushing bite he had used so often.

But then a small, flattooth flyer slammed into the sharptooth knocking him away from Chomper. "Leave him alone!" Petrie commanded. Darkclaw simply charged at the flyer, Chomper taking the opportunity, ran for dear life. For a few minutes Petrie distracted the enraged sharptooth.

Chomper was far out of reach by the time Petrie returned, but he was hurt. Chomper limped slowly back to the valley, Petrie following him.