The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sky's Artworks

Sky · 345 · 49125

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Quote from: Pangaea on  
It's times like this when I feel vindicated for being a pack rat; as luck would have it, I have a habit of saving my favorite online pictures to my hard drive, and that includes every piece of artwork that has been featured in this thread in the last one-and-a-half years. So, in the interest of helping a great artist to share his full history of LBT artwork, here be the lost pictures of the teenaged gang:

Oh my, that is so awesome!  :o
Not only because you're providing me with my lost artworks, but also because you're saving almost all my works. :o I feel really honored. :yes

Thank you so much for the pictures. Now all pictures (beginning from 2010) are online. :lol:
Thanks again Pangaea. :)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sky,Jun 20 2011 on  02:29 AM
Oh my, that is so awesome!  :o
Not only because you're providing me with my lost artworks, but also because you're saving almost all my works. :o I feel really honored. :yes

Thank you so much for the pictures. Now all pictures (beginning from 2010) are online. :lol:
Thanks again Pangaea. :)
I'm glad you approve of my art hoarding. :lol And you're very welcome. I'm happy to have put those hoarding tendencies to good use, and even happier to have been helpful. :)

So, do you have all of the image files in your possession again? Is it okay for me to delete the images from my Photobucket account (I'll still have them on my hard drive, of course ;)), or would you prefer me to leave them up?

P.S. I think you should feature "artist Sky" and the Glide portrait (the two images I shared at the end of my last post) somewhere in this gallery. Even if the wingtail design is "outdated" now, they're very nice pictures, and I really happen to like them. :yes

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 22 2011 on  09:35 PM
Is it okay for me to delete the images from my Photobucket account (I'll still have them on my hard drive, of course ;)), or would you prefer me to leave them up?
Yup, I have them all now. Thanks. :) You can of course keep them on you account if you don't want to delete them. If you do delete them, that is fine too. :yes

Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 22 2011 on  09:35 PM
P.S. I think you should feature "artist Sky" and the Glide portrait (the two images I shared at the end of my last post) somewhere in this gallery. Even if the wingtail design is "outdated" now, they're very nice pictures, and I really happen to like them. :yes
I too have both of them on my hard drive. ;) Both are now on the list as requested. :^.^:

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Let me be the hundredth or so person to say you're pictures are amazing! I love your teenage characters. They actually look like something you would see if the LBT characters were to grow up in the show or movies. I'd give your pictures 4 thumbs up but sadly I only have two  :smile . Keep up the good work. I'd love to see more.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for the comment, Justin! I really appreciate it and I'm glad you like my works.  :DD

---

Yay! Finally something new :lol::

So, I finally overcome my depression a few days back, and I still feel totally awesome! :D
I would like to thank all the people and friends who supported me in that stressful and lonely time.

:cheers  :celebrate THANK YOU ALL! :celebrate   :cheers

And it seems that Star is happy too. :^.^:
[size0](OR, she doesn't want me to leave as I'll depart to the Philippines in a few weeks for vacation. ^^)
Hmm... it looks like I still need to get used to the new design though. :confused But I still like it nevertheless. :angel

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice picture & artwork.  

I guess Star is happy about something, maybe something great that happened perhaps.  Or sad about something?

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
You haven't lost your touch since the last time i watched your art!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Your art is very good. Keep up the great work on it.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a great picture from an artistic standpoint, but it almost seems a bit immature of Star to fall into Sky's arms weeping over the fact he is going away for a while.  I had always thought of her as grown up and mature, so this kind of thing is a bit childish for her in my eyes (of course you probably view her differently then I do :angel). As a supportive mate, I would expect her to behave more rationally, possibly kissing him goodbye.

I look forward to whatever new art you decide to do, and I'm glad your over your depression now!  See you when I get back on Tuesday.

Caustizer.

P.S. I really look forward to seeing Cloud and Glide in the new style too  :smile

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you everybody! :DD

^Caustizer
Hey, it's good to see you aroud again. Welcome back!  :yes
Well, I thought it would look much more heart-warming to see her fall into his arms. :^.^: Grown-up or not, I think it's only natural when you haven't seen your beloved mate for such a long time who is leaving again very soon for a much longer time (I view them as very young adults by the way :p :angel)

Heh, I might have an idea for Cloud and Glide already. ;)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I love the new picture! :) It’s a rather dynamic-looking image, especially with the positioning of the characters’ legs (the flying tears also contribute majorly). The feet look really good; the clawlike toe tips go a long way towards making them more birdlike. I also like the subtle texturing in the “fur” on their backs; how Star’s hand is ruffling the “fur” on Sky’s neck; and the way the toes on Sky’s lifted foot are curled back, the same as a bird’s toes tend to be when the foot is off the ground.

Those feathers on the base of Star’s tail look a little odd, the way her wing membrane connects to them; it would be more realistic if the outermost one overlapped the wing membrane, rather than appearing to support it. (Are those the same feathers that form the back half of her “skirt”?) Besides that one detail, Star’s wings are excellent; :yes the shape, shading, and folding makes them look supple and flowy, giving an impression of distortion and movement.

By the way, here’s an observation regarding Sky’s head crest (which I think applies to your other wingtail characters as well): I have noticed that in most pictures of Sky (such as your current avatar), his crest feathers overlap one another from the bottom up; the topmost feather is overlapped by the one beneath it, that feather is overlapped by the one beneath it, and so on. However, in this picture, it is the other way around, with each feather being overlapped by the one above it. Assuming that these feathers are two-dimensional (as opposed to being V-shaped in cross-section and overlapping like this: >>>>), then the bottom-up pattern of overlapping should be visible from one side, and the top-down pattern from the other. Most of your pictures show Sky from the left, but almost all of them show the bottom-up overlapping pattern of his head feathers regardless of which direction he’s facing. Just something I thought you might want to be aware of in case you’re concerned about the consistency of details in your pictures (especially when you return to your Dawn of a Wingtail comic).

P.S. I ended up deleting those images from my Photobucket gallery, since there’s really no need for them to be there now that you have the files again, and I’d rather avoid the possibility of someone finding them and thinking that they’re my pictures. :angel

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks again for that awesome review, Pangaea! :D Glad you like the new picture. ^__^

Those feathers on the base of Star’s tail look a little odd, the way her wing membrane connects to them; it would be more realistic if the outermost one overlapped the wing membrane, rather than appearing to support it.
It's still experimental, but I do agree that it looks pretty odd. I'll try to solve this in future drawings.

Are those the same feathers that form the back half of her “skirt”?
Actually, no. Those backfeathers cover the half of her actual "skirt". ;)

By the way, here’s an observation regarding Sky’s head crest.....
Personally, I don't mind the little details with their head feathers. It's some kind of way to keep things easy and fast. Most cartoons do the same to save up time. Although, I could try to adapt to this little issue in the future. :angel Just need to remind myself.  ;)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Sky recently did this on Deviantart for The Friendly Sharptooth.  Since it is posted publicly there, I figured I would link it here since Sky is away in the Phillipines.

Pretty good piece, worthy of recognition.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is very good artwork, and looks like a pretty evil, or dark, character.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Caustizer,Aug 9 2011 on  08:12 AM

Sky recently did this on Deviantart for The Friendly Sharptooth.  Since it is posted publicly there, I figured I would link it here since Sky is away in the Phillipines.

Pretty good piece, worthy of recognition.
Yup, that is correct. I made this for TFS. It's Dusk, a character from his fanfic The Land Before Time - Dawn of the Seven Heroes
It should have been a paid commission, but since he waited so extremely long, I made it for free. :yes

---

And here is a new picture for you all to view. Done for Caustizer's Birthday:

I'm sorry it took me so long. I just lost my internet connection for a few days and I really wanted to show it to you in time. I'm really sorry and.... have a happy birthday dinner with Cloud. :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great artwork as usual.  Great expressions on their faces & body language & well drawn to show those.

I see one of them as a surprised expression

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What a great star day present... thank you Sky!

I like a bunch of things that you did in this one:

1) The colour of the fish are brown, which is the one that the wingtails describe as being the best kind.  :idea

2) Cloud apparently inherited his mother's fishing skills  :lol

3) Glide looks older in this picture thanks to the brilliant shading, and his expression shows more of a passive awareness as opposed to the alarm that his younger self might have felt at such a sudden event.

His face clearly says 'Meh, I knew this would happen' which is good  :DD

4) The background is forested and thick, which is perfectly reminesant of the Feral Forest, where I descibe the Wingtails as coming from.  It appears you like it as a setting as well!

All that being said I did notice a couple of things that you missed or left out:

1) Glide is missing his left arm.  At the angle the picture is drawn at one would expect that his hand would likely be on his knee, but it looks slightly not right because not even a single piece of it is visible.

2) Cloud is missing a thumb on his left arm... unless he was born without it  :lol

Anyway its a great picture and I look forwards to seeing more of your works.

Caustizer

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm really happy to hear that you like your birthday present. :DD
About the things you pointed out I might have missed:

1) Glide's left arm is hidden behind Cloud. :) You can see a little of his arm between Cloud's mouth and his fish. ;)

2) I wasn't sure if I should make Cloud's left thumb visible or not. It looked a little weird when I did make it visible so I just decided to "hide" it behind his fingers. :unsure:

Anyway, I'm really glad you like the overall outcome. :^.^: