The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Appearantly Hasbro has decided to be generous and has already released the extended version of "Love is in Bloom".  Here's the video:

Love is in Bloom official extended version

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Be honest, you KNOW you were all thinking this line when Twilight held up that sandwich during the beginning of the finale...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,Apr 25 2012 on  02:27 AM
Guys, prepare thine plotholes.

The 'fun' has been tripled.
Oh no, Molestia, Lunanaughty and Decadance.

Run dammit! Run!  :blink:  :blink:

On a side note, if there was a "darker and edgier" MLP:FiM, what would you like to see?

I would like to see a gritty (but still kid-friendly) Batman Beyond-esque cyberpunk work with Equestria as a gritty megatropolis.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Apr 28 2012 on  10:15 PM

Oh no, Molestia, Lunanaughty and Decadance.

Run dammit! Run!  :blink:  :blink:

On a side note, if there was a "darker and edgier" MLP:FiM, what would you like to see?

I would like to see a gritty (but still kid-friendly) Batman Beyond-esque cyberpunk work with Equestria as a gritty megatropolis.
That could make an interesting spin off series, or fanfiction or even rp setting.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"darker and edgier?"

AJ had all looked over Equestria for her mother only to hear she's found dead in Manehattan based upon Free Wiily 2.

It's after the Royal Wedding where Twilight finds her brother.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Have any of y'all read the rather infamous fic The Conversion Bureau and its numerous spin-offs?

Granted, I am not a fan of the 'verse, save for three spin offs. What puzzles me is how the hell it got on EQD? The original story by Blaze was quite frankly, a piece of s---.

And the most famous author of the 'verse, Chatoyance is a complete nutcase; she creeps me out in the way that no dark fic can.

Look at some of the quotes she says on Fimfiction.

On the importance of a self-consistent, mythic world: the entire basis of all fantasy and science fiction - not to mention religion or any story - the very engine that powers it is suspension of disbelief. A fool says 'it's only a cartoon' or 'it's only a movie' or 'it's only a book'. No, it is more than that, if, and only if, it manages to create a stable, self-sustaining artifice in the mind of the audience, if it manages to get them to suspend their disbelief. This is only possible if the world is consistent, if the tone is appropriate, if the details support the artifice, if everything comes together to generate emotional and intellectual immersion within the fictional world. It all falls apart, and becomes 'only a cartoon' when those making it no longer make that effort, stop believing in their world, and use it cheaply and without the effort to make it believable.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Apr 29 2012 on  10:17 PM
Have any of y'all read the rather infamous fic The Conversion Bureau and its numerous spin-offs?

Granted, I am not a fan of the 'verse, save for three spin offs. What puzzles me is how the hell it got on EQD? The original story by Blaze was quite frankly, a piece of s---.

And the most famous author of the 'verse, Chatoyance is a complete nutcase; she creeps me out in the way that no dark fic can.

Look at some of the quotes she says on Fimfiction.

On the importance of a self-consistent, mythic world: the entire basis of all fantasy and science fiction - not to mention religion or any story - the very engine that powers it is suspension of disbelief. A fool says 'it's only a cartoon' or 'it's only a movie' or 'it's only a book'. No, it is more than that, if, and only if, it manages to create a stable, self-sustaining artifice in the mind of the audience, if it manages to get them to suspend their disbelief. This is only possible if the world is consistent, if the tone is appropriate, if the details support the artifice, if everything comes together to generate emotional and intellectual immersion within the fictional world. It all falls apart, and becomes 'only a cartoon' when those making it no longer make that effort, stop believing in their world, and use it cheaply and without the effort to make it believable.
I actually do like that story. I am always a big sucker for 'Human in Equestria' stories. I especially LOVED the spin-off called 'Last Man Standing'. Don't want to spoil anything to anyone who hasn't read it, but it really did stab me in the heart as a tear jerker,

Oh, and darker and edgier? Um...

I think that's already taken care of.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like HiE fics but I prefer the ones where there is no transformation.

I hate the CB-verse for its "superior species"/"Humans are bastards" posturing. But I especially hate it for its rather blatant message of advocating genocide.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I tried to write HiE but I always got a load of thumbs downs.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm writing an HiE fic and I have three chapters of it on FiM fiction

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I myself am not a huge fan of HiE based stories. I'm sure there's plenty of good ones out there; I just find them extremely over-done.

I am however considering and brainstorming a Friendship is Magic X Mass Effect crossover story. Set after the end of ME3, (Female) Shepard wakes up as a pony in Equestria and has to find out how she got there and how to get back, if that's even possible.