The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder why they did that.  I guess to be more pc. A thing large companies are very conscious and I think always try to be, very pc.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Over-reaction from parents complaining.  Happens with every studio that does a show for kids.  I have yet to see one stand up to them and tell them just how crazy and ridiculous they are.

At least it is said to stay unmodified with the DVD version.

I will still see her as the misaligned eyes Derpy I know and love.

Anyways, tomorrow is my last day with Spoiler Posting.  I'll still give Episode Links along with Reviews.  Not much else will change for me. :)

For now, see ya all later!

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Good job Hasbro. No seriously. Good. Freakin' Job.

This reminds me so much of the whole South Park thing back in 2010. Why do a bunch of whiny morons have to ruin such a good thing? There's always gotta be that ONE person who has to kill everyone's fun.

Y'know, is this really what we as a race are coming to? Being offended by cartoon ponies? What's next? Are we going to become offended by...I don't know milk or something? Are we no longer going to be able to call our pets cats or dogs but "Vertically Challenged Quadrupeds"? Are we going to be able to sue other people for giving their own opinions on something?

OK, those examples are a bit extreme but you get my point. Political correctness is completely ridiculous. When you open your mouth, you run the risk of offending someone. It doesn't matter what you say. With all the horrible things that are out there, all the horrible things you can say to someone, is a cute, innocent cartoon pony really that bad?

I could understand if the characters made fun of Derpy or if Dash called her an idiot or a retard but they didn't. And Derpy's none of those things. I don't necessarily think Derpy's an idiot or anything like that. More of a klutz. That doesn't exactly make her dumb or offensive to those with disabilities. As for her eyes? What's so bad about her being cross eyed? Originally it was an animation error but the creators rolled with it when they saw how much love Derpy was getting. Derpy's crossed eyes are what make her Derpy. They're what make her stand out from all the other background ponies. Without them, she's just another generic background pony.

tl;dr, Political Correctness can go die in a hole and Hasbro are a bunch of cowards.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I keep hearing this excuse that it's a copyright issue that had her removed. I don't buy it. Not for a single second. For one thing, using Derpy doesn't cost a cent since no one owns her.
That little scene was such a great gift to us bronies. To alter it like this is a slap in the face to us. I can't beleve they did this.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoops!  I just checked.  There is no new episode today.  Oh well!

I guess we can have the new Pinkie Pie Says Goodnight Comic in place.  She says good night with the help of Daring Do.

http://undead-niklos.deviantart.com/#/d4qusjs

Oh, and on a side note, Upcoming Episode Info!

Title: Hurricane Fluttershy
Air Date: March 24, 2012
Synopsis: Fluttershy needs to overcome her self consciousness in order to help Rainbow Dash and the other pegasi with the Rainy Season.

I'm not sure what to say about this one.

Anyways, see ya all later! :)

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
For the first time ever, my work, which is a pony trailer... GOT FEATURED IN EQUESTRIA DAILY!!! :celebrate

Also, this is my first submission to EqD.  :DD

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/pony...o-twilight.html

It's the first one.  :DD

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
I was in a brony meetup today!  :D  It was so awesome!  :lol
I hope to see it featured on EqD someday.  :)

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1. The Derpy Changing:
While I am upset that Hasbro decided to go down the politically correct path and have our favorite cross-eyed pony changed, I'm not going to throw a huge hissy-fit over it. Yes, I am disappointed but I'm also more mature than that.

2. The New Fluttershy Episode:
Woo! Another Fluttershy episode! But my big question is this: WHEN WILL THERE EVER BE A SCOOTALOO CENTERED EPISODE?!?!

3. Picture!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
People are going ballistic over the Derpy controversy. Death threats to everyone who spoke out against her are pouring in by the hour. It's nuts!  :blink:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 25 2012 on  09:53 PM
People are going ballistic over the Derpy controversy. Death threats to everyone who spoke out against her are pouring in by the hour. It's nuts!  :blink:
Ugh! :slap Almost makes me want to take drastic measures with this fandom.  Almost!

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ugh, this is EXACTLY what I was talking about. Yes, the Derpy changing is disappointing, but there are perfectly legitimate other topic to go into tirades over. Such as: Politics, Economy, Natural Disasters, etc...

The people making death threats should just chill for a second and realize that ther are far worse things happening in the world right now.

So, with the whole Derpy thing going on, does that mean I should totally give up on FiM? ABSOLUTELY NOT. The show is still fantastic as it is; and I will always refer to Derpy by her name and the state of her eyesight.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Indeed.  It's not like the changed Applejack's name to Jean & pretended it was always Jean or something like that.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, looks like some stores brought out the new DVD early and it turns out that it happens to have an extended version of the opening theme.  Check it out in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4By8YHOnILo

I seriously can't wait for the new DVD to arrive in my mailbox. :)

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe Fluttershy will end up like Storm from X Men in that episode.