The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anyone on the forum you consider family?

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,Sep 20 2008 on  07:09 AM
duh! she is iris! you don't have to agree more! it goes without words! so easy is it!

'makes statue in honor of mumbling' ;)

hehe!
True that...  True that...  I would die for this dear lady in a second...  I've adopted her as my sister, despite the different bloodlines...  She's the sister I never had.  (Once again, RIP Amelia...  If that was your name...  I cannot remember...)

EDIT: And yeah Thomas, you can feel very good about your sister, she is truly an angel...  And one that has made an impact in my life, forever...  Were it not for her...  My burdens of over ten years...  ...Well, let's just say I might still be carrying them, and be a lot less healthy...  And, it seems I have, helped her too... :^.^: I'm honored, Iris.  That is part of the reason why I was put here on this Earth, to help...

Hee hee, lil sis... :^.^: You'll probably never quite know the impact you've put in this ol' heart of mine.  You've made an old man happy, and given me new hope... :) (Seriously, I'm only 23, but I feel really old...  Must be my weight, hu hu!)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I don't know about family, I've found it hard to make emotional attachments over the Internet. But some users, like Kor and Landbeforetimelover, who have both shown themselves to be hard-working and diligent, I have great respect for. And I appreciete Malte's epic debating skills, even if it means I can't ever win a debate.

I'm also fairly certain I haven't made anyone else's "family" list, since I tend to do nothing but crack lame jokes and revive the Geography Game whenever it gets too low.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
:lol

Mumbling, I believe you have an official fan club...not that's new, but still...that's what it looks like.

:DD

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
While I don't know any of y'all in person, I have grown fond of the GOF and its members, especially those who have been around for a while now :^.^:.  In regards to my outlook on family, I have no blood relations to my family, and the only family member I truly have left is my mother as mostly everyone else is deceased.  The only couple of living members have isolated themselves (alcoholism can do real nasty things to relationships <_<) by trading family for the bottle, so I find that I make family ties with folks I get to know well regardless of blood ties.  That being the case, I really appreciate y'all and I'm glad I stumbled upon the GOF when I did :yes.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Sep 20 2008 on  10:30 AM
Please...
Yeah...  I can understand why Iris is this way.  Quite honestly, we think so much alike, it is almost scary...  I don't blame her for not wanting to be in the spotlight, she wants to blend in, and be one with the GOF and its members, so why don't we just let her do this, aye?  No offense to anybody else, but I can mutually understand this feeling, and after a while, it does get old, yes...  I hope this isn't offensive to people, but yes, she is mortal as well, just like any one of us...  Let's all just be part of a whole, alright...?  ...Honestly, I'd almost shudder at the thought of being put on a pedestal, due to my longing to blend in and help others...  Again, no offense...  But I can understand why she doesn't want to have the spotlight cast on her all the time...  ...Even I am guilty of this, though, and for that I apologize...  Let's be one, people... ;)  ...I know, I know, seems like a different tune from what I was saying earlier, right?  Well, after doing some self-examination, I realized it was wrong of me to cast so much light upon her, myself...  I am guilty of that, so I apologize... :( Let us all be as one...

EDIT: And Cancerian Tiger, that's sad to hear about your family... :( My heart goes out to you...  But hey, I'm glad too, you're a part of us... :) A big part...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Sep 20 2008 on  01:10 PM
alcoholism can do real nasty things to relationships <_<) by trading family for the bottle.
Yeah it runs in my family too.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
(Cancerian Tiger @ Sep 20 2008, 01:10 PM)

alcoholism can do real nasty things to relationships ) by trading family for the bottle.

Alcoholism killed my grandfather, he only drinked, and he almost dind¥t eat...he isoleted himself in is room, and he smoked, those two combinations killed him.
He went to the hospital, he died there, with Bronchopneumonia, but the drink and  the Tobacco were what really killed him...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd like to dig up this topic again. Just want to mention a few people in here.

Aaron, even though we don't talk much these days you'll still be my brother. Guess we'll always be some sort of family after all the words we've shared.

Lf1616, ah, I still find it awesome to talk to you. You just always seem to find a way to cheer me up. I kind of see you as my brother too, if I may.

Patrick & Gustav will always be 2 crazy brothers of mine, even if we're all buried under homework! :D I still hope to meet you both once :)

Tim, what can I say :angel Yes, I'll always see you as my brother. You're just so random and nice. Wish I could poke you all day :D

Littlefoot Fan also has turned into some kind of brother, really. You, Tim and I can have so many... interesting conversations :p Love your randomness too :D

Malte, I really see you as family too. You have taught me so much about life and history subjects, for which I'm really thankful. I also hope to meet you some time soon!

John, bro, we never talk these days... Where are you?! I guess for once I did miss you when you didn't even ask for it :DD You're the kind of silly brother who can be really annoying when he's got a secret :p

Just would like to mention Ratlady here too. We have talked about so many things by now, I'd love to call you my sister. I might never get to know much about you, and I respect that, but I'm happy to talk to you if we do. :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks Iris! *glomps*

You and CT I consider to be my awesome sisters here. :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 4 2009 on  12:04 PM
Lf1616, ah, I still find it awesome to talk to you. You just always seem to find a way to cheer me up. I kind of see you as my brother too, if I may.
Wow! I'm flattered and honoured by your statement there Mumbling!  :D  :oops I'm honoured that you see me as a kinda virtual brother (if the term fits :lol) and it's quite OK with me for you to think of it that way. OK, officially virtual bro and sis now! Heh heh  :DD I love our random chats (especially when Me, Tim and you are all in the same chat room on MSN). There is no limit to the randomness!  :smile Cheers hun! Really do appreciate that! ;)

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kor:  My Farther/Uncle type of person

Malte: Wisest Brother Alive.

Mumbling/DarkHououmon: Sisters

Cancerian Tiger:  BEST Cousin. (I totally respect you)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 4 2009 on  12:04 PM
Patrick & Gustav will always be 2 crazy brothers of mine, even if we're all buried under homework! :D I still hope to meet you both once :)

As long as I don't get paid to be normal Iris, I'll always be your crazy brother!  :lol
Thanks, these were warming words.  :)
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 4 2009 on  11:04 AM
John, bro, we never talk these days... Where are you?! I guess for once I did miss you when you didn't even ask for it :DD You're the kind of silly brother who can be really annoying when he's got a secret :p
To be honest, I don't know why I haven't been on MSN in weeks.  I really don't have an excuse. :P:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Apr 7 2009 on  03:10 PM
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 4 2009 on  11:04 AM
To be honest, I don't know why I haven't been on MSN in weeks.  I really don't have an excuse. :P:
:o Oh well :p We'll sure meet again sometime soon!

Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Apr 7 2009 on  02:50 AM
I love our random chats (especially when Me, Tim and you are all in the same chat room on MSN). There is no limit to the randomness! :smile
Oh yea! :D

To everyone else: Rawr :D  :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks, Rat_lady7 and NeoGenesis005 :).  Feeling's mutual.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile