The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Top 10 favourite Characters

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Time to revise my list now that I've watched some of the movies (darn youtube) and some of the episodes

1. Pterano - He's been my favorite for NINE-FREAKING-YEARS!  No way I'm replacing him anytime soon! Now that I'm older, I'm starting to notice how deep his character is. And I've come to love his great Brittishness and pose-striking.
2. Petrie - Just for being Petrie. I especially like his development in seven. Usually, we'd have the nephew (Simba, Hamlet, so on) would be angry at their uncles and angst over whatever they did. Petrie, on the other hand, does forgive his uncle and even gets sad over Pterano's punishment. It's proof that you can still love someone, even if they did something wrong.
3. Mama Flier - After going back for Petrie's Snuggling Stick in Days of Rising Waters, she was put up as number three. I was like "Noo, whadder'we gonna do?!"
4. Scuttle - Heh heh heh, he made me laugh. Silly, stalling old coot with a Scottish accent!
5. Petrie's Siblings - I LOVE the way they take a potentially burning insult! Now if only there was an official number
6. The Great Hideous Beast - Well, I think that's what his name is. He seriously made me laugh. For some reason, he reminded me of Prince Froglip from The Princess and the Goblin O_o . No matter, I love the way he reacts when he comes up from underground. And I loled at his "abuse" and dinky size.
7. Guido - "Your rear ends look just like your faces, so how can he tell which way to go?" :lol . That line does A LOT for the movie. Especially Petrie's siblings' reaction.  
8. Tria- This is a neat lady. I'd kinda like to sit in the mud pools with her and hear the latest gossip. She's like that pampered neighbor that everybody likes with the big gruff husband!
9. Ali - Before Pterano, Ali was my favorite character. Now I'm kinda annoyed with her, even in the movie, but I still gotta give her a place, since I did like her until I was seven.
10. Swooper - When I was in Elementary, I was always thinking a blind flier was cool. I even had one that was Ptyra(nna's) lover. But one that's old and senile seems...cooler. And he's got his funny moments. "Well, I've made up my mind. I'm sure going to miss you two!" :lol
Very...flier oriented.

Gawd, if there was a Therzinosaur, s/he probably would be on my list. Darrhh

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^Hey, you beat me to this! I was going to do this a bit later. I didn't want to make a usual list, but a video. ^^ :D

Here's the list but I will empathize it in the vid I'm making:

10. Mr. Three Horn
9. Mutt
8. Spike
7. Ruby
6. Petrie's Mom
5. Petrie
4. Guido
3. Rinkus
2. Sierra
1. Pterano

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO6vtLpEJ_4
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxpJ2YCTgcM
Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIQTqq1N88

Wiki_tha_Shadow

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I'm guilty of not having seen all eleventeen movies (GHASP! SLAP) It's christmas. What can ya do. But so far:

10. Cera or Ducky or Petrie- cant decide
9. The Spikenator- When he grows up, things gonna change.
8. Bron- smooth as a gravy sandwich
7. Lil Foot- genuine!
6. Thicknose- just, well, the good kind of stranger.
5. 'Hidden runner'- how cool was that episode?
4. Guido- Just, well, coz he's Guido.
3. Chomper- Things gonna CHANGE!
2. Thud- Yeah boi
1. Screech- Sexy beast
0. ... Wait, what??... Least fav? Got to be Rhett. He was an a**.

> I forgot Ruby! WHat is she anyway? O.philaceratops...? Anyway she squeazes in at 8 after Littlefoot. Guess Spike took out ten, then! :lol

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*sigh* One more time. I might have to make a video myself sometime.

(I'm not really sure here)
10. The Rainbow Faces
9. Littlefoot's Grandparents
8. Tria
7. Swooper
6. Petrie's siblings
5. Ducky
(I know for sure at this point)
4. Mama Flier
3. Petrie
2. Guido
1. Pterano (No brainer)

Duckyfan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
mine are

#10. Doc
#9. Red Claw
#8.Cera
#7.Petrie
#6.Grandpa Longneck
#5.Mo
#4.Littlefoot
#3.Chomper
#2.Spike
#1.Ducky

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Doc as a favorite character? Now there's a first!

Annd now I don't have to double-post

10. Littlefoot's mother
9. Tria
8. Ducky's mom
7. Ducky
6. Petrie's Mom
5. Tricia
4. Strut
3. Petrie
2. Guido
1. Pterano

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's my updated list:

1. Cera- she's a strong and independent tough broad, but she's also a sweetie at heart.  She's a tomboy, and makes up half of my personality :smile.

2. Ducky- the other half of my personality :smile.  She's a sweetie, loves the water, and always makes me smile.

3. Tricia- she's so cute!  Can I keep her :lol?

4. Tria- she's very kind and makes a wonderful mother-figure for Cera.  I love how she's pretty much taken Cera in as her own kid.

5. Ducky and Spike's Mother- she's very kind and blind to race.  Being adopted myself, I admire this character for adopting a dinosaur of another race/species (although it was Ducky who technically adoptd Spike :lol).  I definitely see who Ducky got her personality from.

6. Guido- he reminds me so much of myself, since he displays so many Aspie-like antics and mannerisms.

7. Spike- gentle giant and always there for his friends even if he's scared.

8. Littlefoot- compassionate, adventurous, and looks out for his pals (the REAL Littlefoot, not the TV series rip-off).

9. Petrie- panicky, but comes through for his friends.

10. Mr. Threehorn- I may have a love-hate relationship with this guy, but I think he's a good guy deep-down.  Although he may seem misguided in the way he acts toward Cera, I think he at least attempts to be a good father.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not going to go explaining myself on them.  So, let's just get this over with. (If you insist though, I WILL explain myself.)

#10: Shorty

#9: Littlefoot's Mother

#8: Petrie

#7: The Original Sharptooth

#6: Littlefoot, Spike

#5: Ruby, Chomper

#4: Guido

#3: Ali

#2: Mo, Ducky

#1: Cera

That's my list. (Don't like how I put more than one character in a place?  Don't care, it's MY list!) Here's hoping Cera can beat Littlefoot this year. :D

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 19 2009 on  08:06 AM
Anyways, I have an announcement to make on my list.  Petrie has officially lost his spot in the top 10.  I'm sorry, but I seriously can't take his grammar problem anymore.

I've often wondered myself why he talks like that. His mom and his siblings are able to form coherent sentences so why can't Petrie?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
#10 tie between rinkus,pterano and sierra

#9 Sharptooth

#8 Chomper

#7 Cera

#6 Ali

#5 Shorty

#4 Mr Threehorn

#3 Strut

#2 Littlefoot's Mother

#1 Littlefoot
Those are my top ten favorite characters.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Mar 21 2010 on  05:49 PM
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 19 2009 on  08:06 AM
Anyways, I have an announcement to make on my list. Petrie has officially lost his spot in the top 10. I'm sorry, but I seriously can't take his grammar problem anymore.

I've often wondered myself why he talks like that. His mom and his siblings are able to form coherent sentences so why can't Petrie?
The interesting thing is that Guido is probably the only one who notices the problem
"I fly along with all the rest, I'm going to pass my flying test"
"Me fly along with all the rest, me gonna pass my flying test"
"Eh...close enough."

ScratteLover2

Here are my 10 favorite characters:

1. Ali
  2. Ruby
  3. Cera
  4. Littlefoot
  5. Tria
  6. Ducky
  7. Petrie
  8. Shorty
  9. Sue
10. Littlefoot's Mother

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's mine:

1. Mo - How could anyone not like him? He's been my favorite character for eight years, and still going on strong! He has a special place in my heart, and I'm not going to replace him with any other character from the series any time soon. He's extremely playful, very cute and adorable, and also a very brave and loyal friend. Let's not forget that accent of his either. That makes him even more appealing to me than you could ever imagine and he always knows how to make me smile and laugh with his playful antics. As of recent, I've been seeing him in my dreams, and I converse with him every single time. I feel extremely lucky to even have this rare opportunity. On top of that, he's like a kid brother to me and he'll always be with me in my heart for as long as I live. <3

2. Guido - Just plain funny. Enough said.  :lol:

3. Pterano - Even though no one believed his stories, he still had a good heart.

4. Grandpa Longneck - This guy is full of wisdom, just like me. It's for this very reason why I like him as much as I do.

5. Littlefoot - A good friend and leader. He was never afraid to go new adventures, and his adventurous nature inspired me to be adventurous myself.

6. Chomper - Poor guy. He was separated from his parents for a while. I was overjoyed when he was reunited with them in the fifth movie.

7. Petrie - He may have been a huge worrywart, but he knew how to be himself, and that's what I like about him. I didn't really care too much about his supposed "grammar problem".

8. Spike - He may not be one for words, but he's still very loveable.

9. Archie - Ok, I don't have very much to say about him, but for some unknown reason, I just plain like him.

10. Rainbowfaces
- Same reason why I like Littlefoot's grandfather.

Updated.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Is there a reason why you only explained why you like Mo, but not any of the other characters that you listed?

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well... I can't really think of why I like the other characters I listed, but all I know is that I just like them.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
10. Mr Three Horn
9. Mutt
8. Spike
7. Ruby
6. Petrie's mom
5. Petrie
4. Guido
3. Rinkus
2. Sierra
1. Pterano

Just making the 2010-11 list. :3

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Let's see if I can even think of ten characters I like....

Permanent on the #1 Spot:
1. Sierra- No surprise there!! What's not for me to like, he has all the traits I love in a villain: unsympathetic, violent, impatient, the whole sociopathic package. He seemed like an actual threat and I felt that if it wasn't for Pterano and (to some extent) Rinkus, he could cause some serious harm, if not death, to someone. I could also relate to him to some extent; I know that if there weren't those few kind people in my life that showed me that humans aren't all bad, I probably would've ended up just like this guy...

The next three are interchangable in position depending on my current interests, thus the numberings doesn't really matter:

Ozzy- I just loved this dude even when I was little. His Egg song is so catchy and it was the first LBT song I memorized. He's also probably as threatening as Sierra when it comes to cruelness, but with a higher-tolerance level (it took quite a bit of interruptions from the gang to make him murderous, whilst Sierra always seems ready to snap for the slightest of reasons).

Thud- I liked all three of the gang at first, then I saw the episode Escape from the Mysterious Beyond. I found myself enjoying what he had to say and felt even a bit of admiration on how much pain he had to be enduring without shedding a single tear (he did wince heavily and make all sorts of loud pain-filled sounds, but that's about it). I was happy Chomper saved him and even more delighted to see that this raptor had a sense of 'I-O-U'. I think that's a rare trait to cover in a sharptooth.

The Domehead Trio- From the original movie. Yay to psycho dinosaurs! These characters may have only gotten like, 30 seconds of screentime, but they did leave a big impression on my sister and I. It was their appearance that inspired a....painful childhood game where we bonk our heads together (maybe that explains why we're so messed up in the head). Plus their appearance was a mystery to me; why were they attacking Cera? Were they about to eat her  :blink: ? Why don't they talk?! And, my, what large sharp claws they have, especially by Leaf Eater standards.... Anywho, I've grown to respect them and now they've earned a lofty spot on my list!

The next three also interchange within this range, so numbers won't matter here either:

The Original Sharptooth- Can't say this guy gave me nightmares (truthfully, I had more nightmares on JP's raptors than this guy), but he did scare me a bit when I was little. Now I see him for the awesome predator that he was... *sigh* back in the time that they weren't afraid to hold back. But even though I was frightened of him a bit, I felt upset that they had to kill him. When I was younger, it seemed to me unneccesary since he wasn't an immediate threat and was even minding his own business while a vengeful plot was being made to murder him. But that's just me...

It's a Liopleurodon, Charlie. A MAGICAL Liopleurodon- When I first watched the 9th movie, I paid little mind to him. Now I admit, Liopleurodon have always been one of my fav prehistoric creatures since watching Walking with Dinosaurs. So when I read somewhere that Journey to Big Water had a liopleurodon in it (some say it was inspired by the one in Walking with Dinosaurs, but I'm not too sure on that...), I decided that I had to re-watch it. And I loved him! He seemed almost as scary as Sharptooth (especially that scene where he rears up out of the water and lightning goes off behind him; that was plain epic) and I was glad he didn't have to be killed off like the majority of the other sharpteeth and actually found his way back home.

"Plated Sharptooth" (as known in the LBT wiki)- When I first watched the 5th movie, first thing I noticed about this guy was how huge and sharp his teeth and claws were compared to other sharpteeth. Then later, it occured to me that he seemed pretty smart when he revealed the kids from under that rock. He jumps high and far just like Sharptooth, and proved to be a powerful fighter, able to hold his own against Chomper's parents. Plus, he actually drew blood. I liked that too, though I can't seem to get over that tearing noise when Chomper's Dad bit him...

Okay, now these are the least secure in their places and may change completely as time goes by:

8. Guido- Cute and funny. And feathery. I watched the tv episode before the movie and didn’t think much of him. Then I got the Great Day of the Flyers because of a review I watched on youtube (and because I love Flyers). Guido then took the cake and became the most recent to join this list. However, despite his placement, I’m sure he’ll be advancing in the future as I relate to him more and more. Plus, who doesn’t love that one insult to Petrie’s siblings!

Edit: Just as I predicted, he's advanced up the list! Way to go, Guido!  :DD

9. Mo- He was adorable and I love his voice. He's just so freakin playful, makes me wanna join him if he were real. And he seems like a very good friend to be with. Sure, he can be annoying at times, but he's brave enough as to intend to sacrifice himself to save his pals. That's a very rare buddy to find nowadays.

10. The Rainbow Faces- I liked the design in general and I love the interactions with these two. The male's eager enthusiasm to help and to share 'forbidden' information makes me laugh. And I love their songs too, especially the last one (for some reason, I always get chills listening to it). When I found they were aliens, it made me smile all the more as it enforced the fact that there are unknowns yet to be discovered. And it makes me wonder what their true forms look like...