The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

is cera able to get a boyfriend?!?

kjeldo · 28 · 3762

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i was sitting here thinking about cera and the others then i got this weird question... is cera or any other main character able for a boy/girlfriend?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As of now, the closest there is to any of the members of the gang having a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is Littlefoot&Ali.

Ducky&Petrie could be another possibility, but you have to seriously question that with the way Ducky normally acts around her friends.

I'm sure they will all have someone someday to be with for life, but they're still young and have tons of time before they worry about stuff like love. :^.^:

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think Cera has certain feelings for littlefoot. In "the great longneck migration" Cera has that dream when littlefoot & his grandparents return. His grin at her made her screm. Possible rejections of her feelings for him ?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I have always believed that Littlefoot and Cera have had something special between them.  Do they have feelings for each other?  Sometimes, it seems like they do.  I do think that Cera feels threatened by Littlefoot's actions with other females.  Cera percieved Ali to be a great threat for some unknown reason.  Could it be that she was afraid that Littlefoot would develop feelings for her?  Of course, you have to take into account Cera's upbringing.  She was taught that longnecks were essentially a "Lower" species thatn threehorns and that they were stupid.  What also must be taken into account is her rough exterior.  Even if she did have a little thing for Littlefoot, I doubt she would even admit it to herself, let alone others.  Even if Cera does admit to Littlefoot that she has feelings for him and the feelings are mutual, I seriously doubt anything would..."happen" between them.  Even if it did, nothing would come out of it.  Not to mention that something like that would certainly destroy their friendship since they could never be together.  I do think that Cera has a little thing for Littlefoot, but she doesn't know what it is yet and Littlefoot would probably never reciprocate.  The most solid piece of evidence we have is Cera's unusual reaction to Ali.  I doubt the makers of LBT had this in mind when creating LBT, but it really does seem that Cera has a thing for littlefoot.  I do know however that the makers of LBT would never have this happen between any characters, let alone characters of different species.  It's just not right.  

My opinion is that Cera has feelings for littlefoot, but she can't explain them and does not know what they are.  Nothing will come out of this (hopefully) though.  The last thing I want to do is mix romance into LBT of any kind.  It is percievable that Cera has feelings for littlefoot, but I do not think that it was meant by the creators to seem that way.

Now let's look at Littlefoot.  He certainly likes Cera (as a friend of course).  He does seem to favor her over his other friends in some ways.  He passes the ball to her before anyone else.  He went to see her first in LBT 9 to go play.  He always seems to be more concerned about Cera's well being.  Cera went to go see him first in LBT 2 when she couldn't sleep.  Littlefoot always seems overjoyed to see her moreso than the others.  Littlefoot seemed almost panicked in LBT 4 about Cera when she was gone in the mists.  I do think that he favors her most in friends, but I do not think that he has even contemplated some sort of feelings for her.  Perhaps this would change though if she found a male threehorn like Littlefoot found Ali.  I do think that Cera has something for littlefoot, but Littlefoot has no clue about anything between them.

In conclusion, there is no 100% solid evidence of feeling between them.  Of course, the only way for these feeling to be 100% confirmed is to have them both admit it on screen.  I do hope that they do maintain a special relationship between them, but I pray to god that it never turns romantic.  I do think that Cera loves Littlefoot, but not romantically, but as family.  I believe their relationship can be best described as brother/sister love.  That's about the closes approximation I can come up with.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And of course, LBTlover, we can't forget about LBT 3 where Cera's father forbid her to EVER play with Littlefoot again because he was "a bad influence".

I really think you hit the nail on the head with how close we've got here.

However, I think one "different species couple" is closer, if only slightly.

Let's look at the concept of Ducky and Petrie, shall we? :)

First off, we can not argue just how close Ducky was to Petrie right from the start.  Just from the name she showed interest in the little flyer. ("Petrie, huh?  Funny name!") In a later scene when Littlefoot asked Petrie to fly up to the top of a tree to get some food, he responded in a scared manner and Ducky comforted him.  Then when Petrie accomplished getting all the green food down, Ducky kissed him as her thanks.  Finally, from the same original LBT movie, we have the big Sharptooth fight.  By the end, Petrie is seemingly sacrificed.  Ducky then cries tears of sorrow for him... only to have him come climbing up the cliff and nearly hug him to death with joy. :lol:

From there, I can't remember much from her side until LBT 4 where Petrie showed he was scared when they were about to travel through the mists.  Ducky noticed he was scared and comforted him. ("Do not be afraid, Petrie, I am here.")

When the two reunited after Ducky was kidnapped in LBT 7, the two hugged one another.

In the latest sequal, Ducky shows concern for Petrie with how he was being treated by his siblings.

Now, with Petrie's side, it's more of the scenes where he comes to her rescue.  The Sharptooth fight in the original LBT and LBT 2.  LBT 4 holds a bit more there.  Not only does he try to save Ducky from Itchy, but he also shows the most concern for when it was believed the hard impact of hitting the water had killed her.  He even bravily stands up to Dil when Ducky is lying there motionless on Dil's mouth.  He then tries to save her when Dil tosses her up in the air only to barely miss in grabbing her. (You have to play the scene in slow-motion to notice it.) Then after all the danger was gone, Petrie swooped down and carried her to safety.

Petrie is the one who is most concerned about her when she gets kidnapped in LBT 7.

All of these cute scenes have shown that the two really care about one another, and from the start have had a bond more powerful than friendship.  There's something there between them, but they probably know they can't engage in those feelings because they're different species.  If only they were the same, then maybe something interesting could develop. :)

So, I believe Ducky&Petrie is closer than Littlefoot&Cera, if only slightly. :)

What do you say? ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In all honesty, I have never thought of Ducky and Petire having feelings for one another.  For one, Ducky is super caring towards all things.  It is Petrie's personality that makes her be this way.  He's a "fraidy cat" and somewhat of a coward.  Ducky's gonna make a great mom with that kinda personality! :D

I seriously doubt that they have any feelings towards each other.  Ducky is just so compassionate and Petrie always gives her the opportunity to express her compassion.  Also, they probably seem closer cuz they're the only two members who are the same size and therefore, it is easier for them to relate to one another.  I do not find anything in the LBT sequals that makes me feel that they have a special sort of relationship other than the fact that they are the same size, making it easier for them to relate to one another.  Remember it LBT 4 when Cera blew Petrie away just by blowing on him?  They are a lot smaller than the rest of the gang.  That's why they seem to be so close.  If they were larger or the gang were smaller, it wouldn't be like this so much.  Ducky will always be compassionate and loving though.  It's hard to distinguish between genuine compassion and love sometimes.

It's just my personal opinion, but the only thing that makes them bond is the fact that they're the same size and Ducky's great personality.  Petire acts that way to her because she is so nice to him.  She is overly compassionate sometimes, but that's just her personality.

When the two reunited after Ducky was kidnapped in LBT 7, the two hugged one another.

Again we come to the size thing.  could you imagine what would happen to poor Petire if another larger member of the gang hugged him?  He'd get squashed! :o

By the end, Petrie is seemingly sacrificed. Ducky then cries tears of sorrow for him...

And she wouldn't have done so if another member of the gang was "seemingly sacrificed"? :blink:

All of your examples could have applied to any character.  Ducky would have reacted the same way to any other member of the gang as she did Petrie, and Petire would have done the same with Ducky.  I think that the only characters we can be sure share a "love" are Littlefoot/Ali (kiss on cheek), and Littlefoot/Cera (Cera feeling so threatened by Ali just because Littlefoot liked her).  Other than that, there is no solid evidence of any kind that any of the characters share any sort of "love bond" between them.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Sep 17 2007 on  02:18 AM
All of your examples could have applied to any character.  Ducky would have reacted the same way to any other member of the gang as she did Petrie, and Petire would have done the same with Ducky.
But couldn't the Littlefoot/Cera examples be applied to any other character, as well? Realisticly, I don't see any difference between Littlefoot/Cera, Petrie/Ducky, or any other "weird" "relationship" one can think of. I just think they're really intimate friends. Nothing creepy.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think that "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" are the wrong terms in this context. It seems quite obvious that Cera has a kind of crush on Littlefoot. However, that crush is a different kind of thing than what is going on between teenagers. The LBT characters are still very young and "innocent". Littlefoot's questioning his grandparents about babies in LBT 2 and his and other character's ignorance about the fact that EVERYBODY has both a mother and a father clearly suggests that they are not educated in sexual matters. We don't know if they know where the eggs come from (it would seem hard for them not to realize that the mothers are laying the eggs), but it doesn't seem very likely that they know about further details. With all the ado about Tria in LBT 11 and 12 there is still nothing in the movies to suggest that the maincharacters know about this.
Nevertheless there is that kind of sandbox love which even kindergarten kids feel for each other. They can feel jealous about anyone with whom the subject of that crush is spending time. The same is clearly true for Cera and Littlefoot. While some people might suggest Cera's attitude towards Ali might have a deeper motivation (very unlikely considering the fact that later on, in the nightflower field Cera even moved aside to allow Ali instead of herself to lie beside Littlefoot), I really don't think that anyone really thinks of Cera's jealousy of Mo being in any way motivated by some kind of fear that Littlefoot might want to marry Mo and live in the Big Water with him :lol
I don't doubt for a second that some of the land before time characters have a crush for each other. However, that crush is not the same story as what is going on between teenagers.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We had another discussion some time ago which may be interesting for you to read in this context.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Sep 17 2007 on  03:11 PM
I think that "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" are the wrong terms in this context. It seems quite obvious that Cera has a kind of crush on Littlefoot. However, that crush is a different kind of thing than what is going on between teenagers. The LBT characters are still very young and "innocent". Littlefoot's questioning his grandparents about babies in LBT 2 and his and other character's ignorance about the fact that EVERYBODY has both a mother and a father clearly suggests that they are not educated in sexual matters. We don't know if they know where the eggs come from (it would seem hard for them not to realize that the mothers are laying the eggs), but it doesn't seem very likely that they know about further details. With all the ado about Tria in LBT 11 and 12 there is still nothing in the movies to suggest that the maincharacters know about this.
Nevertheless there is that kind of sandbox love which even kindergarten kids feel for each other. They can feel jealous about anyone with whom the subject of that crush is spending time. The same is clearly true for Cera and Littlefoot. While some people might suggest Cera's attitude towards Ali might have a deeper motivation (very unlikely considering the fact that later on, in the nightflower field Cera even moved aside to allow Ali instead of herself to lie beside Littlefoot), I really don't think that anyone really thinks of Cera's jealousy of Mo being in any way motivated by some kind of fear that Littlefoot might want to marry Mo and live in the Big Water with him :lol
I don't doubt for a second that some of the land before time characters have a crush for each other. However, that crush is not the same story as what is going on between teenagers.
My mind could be playing tricks on me, but it seems like that this is the third or fourth time I've read this post before. :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think your mind is playing tricks on you, but it was also the third or fourth time for me to read this post:
i was sitting here thinking about cera and the others then i got this weird question... is cera or any other main character able for a boy/girlfriend?
So long my mind doesn't change, so long no new facts are revealed which support a different view (LBT 12 too seems to support the idea of the characters not being aware of any details) my posts are bound to sound similar. Perhaps I should check out a Thesaurus for "sandbox love" if I avoided that term I doubt the feeling of having read that post before would arise :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I totally agree with everything you said Malte.  If there is ever going to be "teenager love" between Littlefoot and Cera, it would have to be under extreme circumstances like they were the last dino's on earth or something. :lol

And of course they'd have to be a lot older. :rolleyes:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that there may be some evidence to the Cera/Littlefoot thing in the scene for "Bestest Friends."  For one thing, Cera seems even sadder than the others when she thinks she may have to say goodbye, and then the way she puts her cheek on Littlefoot's seems like she may really like him.  Of course, this could all just be wishful thinking on my part. :^.^:, since I  :wub: this pairing...
Starfall

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Oct 10 2007 on  04:58 PM
I think that there may be some evidence to the Cera/Littlefoot thing in the scene for "Bestest Friends."  For one thing, Cera seems even sadder than the others when she thinks she may have to say goodbye, and then the way she puts her cheek on Littlefoot's seems like she may really like him.  Of course, this could all just be wishful thinking on my part. :^.^:, since I  :wub: this pairing...
Starfall
Hahaha, you posted this same post in the other thread. :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hahaha, you posted this same post in the other thread.

I just came from that other thread.  They copyed and pasted! :lol

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If only there was such thing as mix breeding back in the prehistoric Times.  These pairings would be highly possible.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There's always been mixed breeding, but never to the extreme of Littlefoot/Cera or Ducky/Petrie.  For example, remember how all the longnecks in LBT 10 looked different from each other?  Their heads were all shaped different and such.  That's the result of mixed breeding.  They were two different (but extremely similar) species that were able to breed because they were most likely a single species at one time.  Littlefoot and Cera.....I suppose they could have been the same species a very long time ago (or at least similar species), but even if they were there's been way too much evolution for them to ever be able to produce offspring.

And for those of you who don't think this is even plausible, Wolves were once whales. :p A LOT can happen over time.  Granted, the possibility of Littlefoot and Cera being the same species at one time is like a billion to one, but it's still a possibility.

The point is, Littlefoot and Cera pairing is totally improbable.  I wouldn't consider it wrong if they decided to engage in physical actions with one another once they were older (so long as it's mutual), but I don't want to see or read about it and I certainly don't want to see anything like that in an LBT sequel.  It just won't happen except in strange (and oftentimes sick) fanfiction so there's really no point to ask "But what if....?" questions.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: kjeldo,Sep 16 2007 on  01:08 PM
I guess if you count the parents as main characters they technically were able to get it on. And it was established that Topsy and Tria were unmarried yet together at some time in the past.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*sighs* I'm just CONVINCED that there's something between Ducky and Petrie.  My earlier hints said alot, but there's one I feel I MUST add.

LBT 13.

As some of you know, the gang was helping a trio of Yellowbellies get back to their herd.  Now, during this Cera gets rather irritated at one point and Ducky just giggles at the situation, thus making Cera stare at both Petrie and Ducky.

Now, Petrie then says, "It not me, it her!" pointing right at Ducky, who then angrily stares at him.  After Cera goes off screen, Ducky turns to Petrie and says, "I can not believe you tolded on me!" She doesn't even want to look at him after that.

If you ask me, Ducky felt betrayal there.  Now, how is this a hint, you ask?

Well, there is no doubt indeed that the friendship between these two has grown to a certain level throughout the sequels.  I believe that it is at a point where Ducky has a lot of trust in Petrie.  However, in this one moment she felt the trust between them was betrayed, and felt hurt by him as a result.

However, it seems that later all is forgiven as they can still enjoy being around one another.  It seems this one moment might have strengthened their relationship.

I wonder if they'll explore the relationship more when the next movie comes out.

We'll just have to wait and see. :D