The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

are you happy with the TV series?

kjeldo · 98 · 16320

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's so hard to find this show online but I have found two episodes so far.

http://www.tubewatcher.tv/11476

and

http://www.tubewatcher.tv/11499

Right now I have not watch them yet but I will later on if I get the time... :p

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So far, the TV series is pretty cute and I like Ruby and Chomper as characters :)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Jun 7 2012 on  05:02 AM
I used to like the show.
Do you not like them anymore? Just wondering why... :DD

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I saw one episode, and thought it was pretty darn good. My siblings like it as well. It's a good idea to bring LBT onto another format (TV).

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
The show was, well, alright in my perspective.

I really did like the opening theme, and loved the idea of them giving some of the other characters some return cameos. Was rather disappointed on how they never brought Ozzy and Strut back, though.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: EggStealerGirl,Jul 13 2012 on  04:51 PM
I really did like the opening theme, and loved the idea of them giving some of the other characters some return cameos. Was rather disappointed on how they never brought Ozzy and Strut back, though.
I remember when Wikipedia first had the fake episode title "The Return of the Egg Stealers" on the page for the show, it being fake because it obviously was never even made. Of course, at the time we didn't know that was the case, although we probably should have considering not everything from Wikipedia is fact. Regardless, I was very anxious to see Ozzie and Strut make an appearance in the series because they are my favorite villains in the franchise. I was very disappointed when the episode turned out to be a fake one, but the idea of it was still a cool one.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah. I fell for that, too.

Boy, was I wrong... :bang

Well, they're still LBT characters, at least.

Just by only knowing that makes me happy! :D

You know, I was also looking them up on Wikipedia one time, and someone actually added in that they were currently living in a cave after Chomper's parents had drove them off... That couldn't be anymore false.

Although, I do have my beliefs that they did in fact survive.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: EggStealerGirl,Jul 14 2012 on  12:52 AM
You know, I was also looking them up on Wikipedia one time, and someone actually added in that they were currently living in a cave after Chomper's parents had drove them off... That couldn't be anymore false.

Although, I do have my beliefs that they did in fact survive.
Well that's the thing. We don't know what happened to them after LBT II. For all we know, they either were killed by Chomper's parents or they escaped. I also like to think that they escaped and if so, they could just as well be hiding out in a cave somewhere. Who knows? It's still cool to think of our own ideas though ;)

Anyway, on the series itself, I may not like all of the episodes but I appreciate that a series was even attempted. I never thought LBT would have a TV series, and it's a shame that it didn't come out until I was older. I feel like I would have enjoyed it more as a kid just because, well, as a kid you don't pick up on certain things. I don't regret watching the series and I think Universal did the best they could with this new medium for the franchise.

However, and I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but I need to voice it out anyway, I really can't stand Ruby. I just can't. I mean the concept of having an oviraptor in the group is cool, but I just don't like her. I find how she speaks really annoying. I know that Ducky and Petrie also have their respective speech patterns, but those work to the charm of their personalities. With Ruby it kind of feels like it was just thrown in for the sake of it. The main reason why I don't like her is because I don't feel like she fits with the group, and this mainly comes down to her not having been introduced until the series itself. At least with Chomper the gang had encounters with in the movies themselves and they already knew each other.

I'm not trying to turn this into a Ruby bashing post, even though it certainly looks like that's what I'm doing, but that's my opinion on her. I probably wouldn't feel this way about her if she weren't part of the main gang and were only a recurring character like the grown ups.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Honestly Ruby doesn't really bother me that much. I don't have much of a reason to dislike her. And I don't really agree that Petrie and Ducky's speech patterns work with their personalities. To me, they were just thrown in to make them sound cute, not to add to the personalities the creators gave to them. So Ruby's speech pattern is, in my opinion, not really that different from Petrie's or Ducky's.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Each to the own opinion Rob, that is not a cause for any hatred towards you or anyone :)
I don't share your opinion myself. In a sense Ruby is a bit of a stereotypical wizkid, but since there hadn't been an LBT character who stood out for knowledge in particular I think that she was kind of a sensible addition. There are some other aspects of Ruby's character which I consider kind of interesting. The curiosity and her almost parentlike attitute towards Chomper (in fact, how did she come to be like a surrogate parent for him) combined with an ocassional streak of melancholy.
I see the problem of Ruby's lack of a back story. This however can also be seen like an invitation to the fanfiction writers and it could even explain some previous plotholes; in particular about how Chomper could learn "leafeater language" after the 2nd and before the 5th movie. Her coloring takes a bit to get used to, but so did Chomper's or Mo's.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I understand what your saying Malte about Ruby's parent attitude towards Chomper. In all honesty though, I really wish they had Littlefoot act as that instead of Ruby. He already took care of Chomper when he hatched and I think it would have better displayed the bond the two of them had from the films. That was actually one of the things I thought was lacking a little in LBT V. To me it seemed like they didn't build on the fact that when the two of them were interacting with each other, only when he was arguing with Cera. True you could say when he jumped in the Big Water to save Chomper that was enough to show their bond, but I feel like it could have been shown more, which is why I would have liked it if Littlefoot was more of the parent figure to Chomper than Ruby.

In terms of the speech patterns, I honestly think it's more than just them sounding cute. I guess this is just me having gotten used to both of their patterns over the course of the sequels, but I don't find their speech patterns nearly as annoying as Ruby. Also, when you look at both of them, I think their speech patterns do work to their personalities. Ducky's conveys her generally innocent and sweet nature while Petrie's conveys his usual nervousness and gullibility. I don't know, maybe it's not how it is but that's how I see it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is interesting how opposite our views in case of LBT V are. I found Littlefoot was a little too unconcerned and thoroughly trusting about Chomper. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Littlefoot should have had serious doubts about Chomper's faithfulness, but the degree of his openness was a little over the top in my opinion.
What was Chomper up to until he recognized Littlefoot and the others? I don't believe he was old enough to actually hunt and kill something of their size (though the working of his excuse (I had longneck for breakfast) suggests otherwise), but if that's so, why was he chasing them?
I find it kind of odd that LBT V on the one hand is the first ever LBT sequel to make a reference to Littlefoot's mother, but it is totally secluded from the plotline involving Chomper. I really think it would have been a good addition if there had been some kind of conflict of conscience for Littlefoot given the fate of his mother and the simple laws of nature. Cera was all along presented as the "bad one" for being cautious about Chomper, but was her extreme caution totally unsensible? Even if one did not suspect Chomper of any bad intentions he was clearly very naive about his parents who he was so certain wouldn't harm Littlefoot and the others that he led them straight to the place where they were waiting. Had Littlefoot and the others not jumped into the bushes in the very last second Chomper would have let his parents right to them. And right before Cera warns Littlefoot (who had asked Chomper if he wanted to take a bite) Chomper very much DOES look like he had misinterpreted to offer to refer to Littlefoot's leg. I suppose a depiction of a deeper inner conflict of Littlefoot in LBT V would have been regarded as too complex for LBT, but I still think that it would have improved the movie. Littlefoot's trust to Chomper in LBT V is unusual given the fate of his mother and the fact that he knew Chomper for but a few hours.

One more point I hold in favor of Ruby is the basic fact that she is one of the few female characters in LBT. Look at the characters added in the sequels, almost all of them are male. Ali, Tria and Tricia seem to be the only female characters of greater importance added throughout the sequels. There appear a few more (e.g. Elzy, Sue, Old One, possibly Dinah and / or Dana), but they are hardly characters whose significance is equal to that of many male characters in their respective movies (Hyp, Nod and Mutt; Chomper, Doc, Pterano, Mr. Thicknose, Mo, Bron, Guido etc.).

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the series, but still, it lacked a lot to be desired, such as alot of returning characters, aside from Chomper and Shorty, lacked much personality, and were there as plot enhancers. Ali was also a complete airhead who believed anything Rhett told her, the Ali from 4 wouldn't do that, and Bron's reappearance was kind of dissapointing, especially his voice. No offense to Cam Clarke, but he sounded way to much like Simba, they should have rehired his original actor.

Another dissapointment was that they just threw Chomper and Ruby in there as if they were always there, most TV series with new characters explain the back stories of how they came in. The last was no Pterano, or the egg stealers, which would really have been good additions to the TV series.

All in all, it was pretty good, but I wish that they just gave the characters a little more personality, aswell as songs, they kind of(no offense to anyone who likes them) wasted time. I would give 3/5 stars.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It would just make my day if there were an episode in which Bron had exactly 24 hours to save the Great Valley from an impending Sharptooth attack. (Anyone get that reference?) :lol

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, they are both played by Kiefer Sutherland...

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ok, so I've just finished watching all of the episodes, and I've gotta say that it wasn't all bad! :DD

Sure, there were some things I had a problem with, but I found it mostly enjoyable. ^^

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I am happy with the TV series. There's no such thing as "Too much LBT". The more LBT we have the better.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is exactly my point of view, MurMur :) I wouldn't mind another movie or another TV-series-season to be produced.
My actual opinion of the eps I watched so far was mostly okay... I have to watch all of them first (including most of the ones many members here hate) before giving a clear opinion about the TV-series.
Inactive, probably forever.