The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 56386

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just a reminder that we're now passed the half way mark for this prompt! Anyone else interested in participating in this one? (I know it's probably difficult for a lot of people as they're now in school)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'll participate. I have an in-progress drawing for this one.
:chompysmile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just a reminder that there's only a week left in the prompt if anyone else wants to participate!  :rhett_smile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, the Sept/Oct prompt is now finished. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Before I mention what the last prompt will be, I would like to once again open up discussion on possible prompts for 2021. This year we were fortunate that Iris dumped so many ideas to use, but I would like to try and get more broader suggestions. If you have an idea that you think would be interested in seeing different people draw or just have had an idea but were too lazy to motivate yourself into actually trying, then please let me know! I should also finish by saying that due to the number of prompts in the year, there's the possibility that not all ideas will end up being used. Looking forward to seeing some creative options to choose from!  :chompysmile

Alright, now onto the final prompt for the year!
Nov/Dec: Unlikely friendship: Which two characters would likely never get along? In your imagination, they are bffs!

What sort of crazy friendships will we see? Sharptooth and Littlefoot's mother? Mr. Threehorn and literally anyone else? Let's see what you come up with!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought of one idea already.

Unlikely scenario: Come up with something ridiculous and/or random that the characters are doing; something you'd probably never see them doing in the official series.

I'll try and brainstorm to see if I can come up with some more.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Unlikely scenario: Come up with something ridiculous and/or random that the characters are doing; something you'd probably never see them doing in the official series.

Funny as I essientally had a fic with a singing and dancing Mr. Threehorn.  :PLoofah

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh? Which fic? Was it ever released? I'd love to read about that. :PLoofah

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Spike's Misadventure. XD I posted like a year ago in the fan fic section.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm always up for some wacky antics so that just might work for a possible prompt! Thanks for the suggestion Stardust.

ChocoDrake

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Alright, now onto the final prompt for the year!
Nov/Dec: Unlikely friendship: Which two characters would likely never get along? In your imagination, they are bffs!

What sort of crazy friendships will we see? Sharptooth and Littlefoot's mother? Mr. Threehorn and literally anyone else? Let's see what you come up with!

I FEEL SO CALLED OUT RIGHT NOW.  :ChomperRWAAR Hehehehe.
"I would not mess with Littlefoot's Mother, man. She'll Suplex you."

Do you want a retelling of LBT from Littlefoot's mother's point of view? Then I have the story for you.

Vale Guardian

ChocoDrake

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Prompt Idea: Draw the gang in an AU of your choice. Will you draw them as Space explorers? As dragons? Vampires? Dinosaurs living in Ancient Egypt? Who knows only you can know. Bonus points if you show how different the Great Valley looks in your AU.
"I would not mess with Littlefoot's Mother, man. She'll Suplex you."

Do you want a retelling of LBT from Littlefoot's mother's point of view? Then I have the story for you.

Vale Guardian

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Ooh, that's a good one.

I thought of a couple more:
- Horror scene; draw something Halloween-related or otherwise spooky.
- Unlikely encounter. Draw two or more characters who were never shown interacting in official canon (or did so only minimally). How would these characters interact if they met each other?

I also notice this year and the previous had "Draw an OC." I would love to be able to give that one a shot next year.
:PAli

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The OC prompt might be the only one I would try to participate in (maybe).

Here's a boring but still funny idea for a prompt:

Swap colour patterns between two or more characters of their choice (with appropriate reactions to the sudden change)
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for the additional suggestions.

Prompt Idea: Draw the gang in an AU of your choice. Will you draw them as Space explorers? As dragons? Vampires? Dinosaurs living in Ancient Egypt? Who knows only you can know. Bonus points if you show how different the Great Valley looks in your AU.
We already did a crossover type thing earlier this year so this idea might be a little too similar to do again. Still a good idea though, might be able to do something with it.

^Ooh, that's a good one.

I thought of a couple more:
- Horror scene; draw something Halloween-related or otherwise spooky.
- Unlikely encounter. Draw two or more characters who were never shown interacting in official canon (or did so only minimally). How would these characters interact if they met each other?

I also notice this year and the previous had "Draw an OC." I would love to be able to give that one a shot next year.
:PAli
Those could potentially work! I like the spooky idea. As for unlikely encounter, looks like I'm doing a Rhett and Shorty drawing   :rhett_brag

The OC prompt might be the only one I would try to participate in (maybe).

Here's a boring but still funny idea for a prompt:

Swap colour patterns between two or more characters of their choice (with appropriate reactions to the sudden change)
I'll have to think on the OC one again. It worked really well the first year it was implemented but not so much the following year. Could always be on the table though.
The colour swap might be an interesting one as well. Could get some funky looking characters  :PLoofah

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh here's another one that could be funny.

EPIC FAIL!

Draw a character(s) of your choice as they experience a moment they'd rather forget. Whether tripping over a root in front of everyone or being caught doing something embarrassing, nobody is safe from the occasional fail!
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh here's another one that could be funny.

EPIC FAIL!

Draw a character(s) of your choice as they experience a moment they'd rather forget. Whether tripping over a root in front of everyone or being caught doing something embarrassing, nobody is safe from the occasional fail!
Ah yes, a Sucky prompt  :bestsharptooth

Fails are always fun haha

Just want to also give a reminder that we are now half way through the final prompt of the year! I'm hoping to be able to come up with something now that University is starting to relax a bit as this semester finishes up.

Here is the prompt for those who don't know:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Some good ideas here. I'd contribute, but unlike last year my brain is one big fuzzy mess at the moment, so I don't really have anything substantial.

I do wish to take part in this month's prompt still. Hope to get a chance for that during my Christmas break, when things have hopefully settled in my personal life.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just another reminder that we're now down to 2 weeks left in the year and for the prompt as well. Would like to see at least one submission!

I'm gonna see if I can start on something to hopefully join in as well now that finals are almost wrapped up for me.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have an in-progress drawing for "Unlikely friendship". Hopefully before the end of it the year I'll have it submitted. ^^

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I still want to join in this prompt as well, but haven't found the right moment to work on it yet. Any chance we can get a couple weeks extension?