The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which LBT parent would you want as your parent?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here's just a random, LBT-related thing I've wondered.  If you could have any of the parental LBT characters as your legal guardian, who would you want?  (This question is just for fun.)

Personally, i would like either Tria or Chomper's parents.  Tria's an ideal mother: kind, caring, but tough when she needs to be.  Chomper's parents are funny, which is another good parental quality in my opinion.

What about you guys?

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a really good question! I would have to pick Bron. He seems like a pretty awesome dad, at least based on his interaction with Littlefoot.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Either Tria or Mama Swimmer :D.  They're both very maternal and seem to be ery understanding, caring and not racist.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm... Bron and well, mama flyer also has showed that she's very kind.

Yea I'll go with those. :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
She doesn't still have to be alive does she?  If not, I'd definitely choose Littlefoot's mother.  I really liked her character. :smile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It would be a hard choice between Littlefoot's parents, grand parents, Ducky's or Petrie's mother.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper's parents because they seem very nice. Have a sense of humor? Plus they seem to be very patient. They accept Chomper's being friends with the main food group and they even let him move to the Great Valley. They're also dedicated since they come looking for Chomper.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wouldnt want tria as a mom at all.. she's way too girlish.

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
In no particular order:

Littlefoot's mom even if she's no longer with us. She's compassionate, caring, loving, and wise. Then Bron, Grandpa and Grandma Longneck, Ducky's mom. Tria? Yes as she's a perfect foil for the gruff Topsy. She reminds me of my aunt trumping my uncle when he's on a roll. :lol:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chpmer's parents for sure, or Dein and Terri (their names of you read Sharptooth Valley.) I will base my feelings on the movies that they are in- II and V- for my answer, since not everyone has read Sharptooth Valley, in which they are explained in more detail.

They're also dedicated since they come looking for Chomper.

I feel the exact same way.
Reason from The Great Valley Adventure (II)- Sharpteeth are aware that flateeth are their enemies and are thus hated by most of them. Chomper's parents could see by the Great Valley's number of inhabitants that they were very mismatched in power and that it could cost them their lives to got there. But they wanted so desparately wanted to find their child that they entered it to get him or her. This would be the equivalent of your child getting kidnapped by a California street gang, then you going to them in plain sight to rescue your child, knowing that they can and will try to kill you. Now that is not only devotion a family, but immense courage. I love parents who value their children over their one lives.

Reason from The Mysterious Island (V)- It is nice to have parents who know when to chat, but also know when action is needed, and are also able to go through with those actions when the time comes. Seeing a powerful foe- the green sharptooth- threatening their son, they didn't try to talk him out of it. They come up and simlpy attacked the one threatening their child. This sharptooth was obviously very deadly. This would be the equivalent of someone pulling a gun on your child but you charge the person in hopes of stopping him, risking your life in the process. Instead of wasting time by, "What do want?", "I'll give you anythng!" "Take me, and leave the boy alone," or anything of that nature, they simply took immidiate action and didn't waste time when their child's life was at risk. I love parents who talk a lot, yet know when talking is a bad option and action is the only answer.

Chomper's parents are among my favorite adults in the series. I know I can count on their immense strength when I'm in danger, yet have their warm nurturing all the time, simply because they love me so much. Besides, if Chomper's parents were my parents, that means that Chomper- my favorite official character- gets to be my brother. It doesn't get any better than that for me. This was a wonderful question and I'm happy it was posted. Later!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'd say Littlefoot's grandparents. They're kind, caring, understanding, do not operate on prejudice and are just warm and welcoming (perhaps to a fault). Sounds like my kinda folks :D

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh wow, Littlefoots' grandparents do seem "practically perfect", to quote a disney movie, but my choice would probably be either Ducky or Petrie's mom, they both have their good points of both being very caring but there's also something about Petrie's mom's no nonsense type attitude that's endearing too.

I still crack up when she all but yells at Cera's dad during the meeting in VII. Anyone who can stand up to him had gumption :)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not so sure about Bron myself. I suppose I'm blaming him for the shortcomings of the script writers of LBT 10, but his tale is very leaking and even if we accepted it as perfectly true (we have little alternative but to do so) it still doesn't justify his actions or lack of such. Not only his attitude towards Littlefoot, but also towards Shorty doesn't make him appear like too much of a parent as far as I'm concerned.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 29 2009 on  04:53 AM
I'm not so sure about Bron myself. I suppose I'm blaming him for the shortcomings of the script writers of LBT 10, but his tale is very leaking and even if we accepted it as perfectly true (we have little alternative but to do so) it still doesn't justify his actions or lack of such. Not only his attitude towards Littlefoot, but also towards Shorty doesn't make him appear like too much of a parent as far as I'm concerned.
You could always assume he was telling a lie when he told that story to Littlefoot.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You could always assume he was telling a lie when he told that story to Littlefoot.
In which case he wouldn't be a better parent either. No matter if it was a lie or truth (the producers certainly didn't mean him to be a liar, but they just did not care one bit about making the story coherent), it would not have an effect on his not too fatherly attitude towards Shorty.