The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hya, this is just a topic i posted while i remembered, i have an xbox 360 and i have no clue if JPOG will work on it......i don't know whether i should get it and test my luck or to get a definite yes it will work answer.....any answers would help thanks, Metadude out
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No clue, I only have the game for PS2.  Fun game though, tons of fun, I should try digging it up from whatever hole it disappeared to.....

Edit:  The game should work on any Xbox 360 system in North America and system with a 50Hz output in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.  It will not work on a system with a 60Hz output in Europe, Australia and New Zealand, or on any system in Japan.  It is unknown if it will work in widescreen mode.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I think the X-Box 360 is backwards compatible, so you may be able to play the game on the 360.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think the X-Box 360 is backwards compatible, so you may be able to play the game on the 360.
Only 51% of xbox titles are playable on the 360, and not across all regions.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Okay I just checked the official XBox site and it states that Jurassic Park Operation Genesis is indeed playable on the 360.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/j/jurassic...erationgenesis/

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for that ^^ i'll go to EB games as soon as i can to buy it ^^

EDIT- Do i have to download a patch or anything via XBOX live for it to play? if i do, i won't buy the game because my room is too far away from my pc......oh, and i don't have live to begin with  :bang

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If I remember correctly, one of the ways to install those patches are to burn a disc with a patch on it, and just put it in the 360. I did it once, few years ago though, when I first got my xbox.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i got my xbox about 2 and half weeks ago

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
it says that it should work but....i'm afraid that i might need to download a patch for it to work....my net is extremely slow.... ><

Stegron

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I have this game, it's really good and i do know that it works on my XBOX 360.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
did you have to get a patch for it to work?

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
i have JP: OG on PC. its a sweet game but runs out of things to do fast

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i think it is endless fun, i love to drive the tour car around the park

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
the xbox version I could imagine would be good but the PC version is better why because for one thing the enovirments and dinosaurs look alot better, it's because of that I spend so much time in Site B mode and there are I think there are more missions. I like flying over the park in a chopper or driving around in a ford explorer straight from the first film.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yay! i finally got it and it works!!! yay!!! i've been playing it after school everyday!!!

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I have this game too, but for Windows. I think the PC version is better, because you can mod the game and change things.

The game was actually rushed to completion, and several buildings (Dinovet, Stadium, JPI, Gate, Hunting Platform, to name a few) and dinosaurs were scrapped. Evidence remains of them in the game files, you can check wikipedia and see. There are various sites you can go to to edit the game, (I have my game so you can unlock all 9 sites, there is no limit on how many dinosaurs you may have in a park, and I've added a few new buildings and things by tampering with the codes. I remember how to do some things, and I'd be glad to assist you where I can).

Remember, this is only for the PC version. And if you go to those sites to find out how to do these, remember this.

1: You can't add new models to the game (They haven't figured out how yet. And they have tried everything)
2: Search before posting. (The search function is dodgy, but do try first)
3: BACK UP YOUR FILES! (Make a backup of anything you change, so if the game stops working, you can put it back to normal without re-installing!)

I have seen so many people ask the same dumb question or claim they know how to add models, and it just annoys the mods. So don't do that, and you'll be popular!