The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Meet the Robinsons

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Has anyone else seen it? I saw it with my mother just a few days ago. Hmm. It was a much better film than I was expecting, now don't get me wrong. I wasn't expecting a bad film, just not one as good as it turned out to be. It was actually pretty darn meaningful and has a very stronge enduring quality to it. Its the story of a orphan who only wishes to have a family, but not just any family: the one that sired him. You really get into his head and see his pain. The animation was also great, the gags were hilarious, and the voice acting was top notch.

I can't really say too much about it, though, because it was a few plot twists to throw at you, but I'll just say I recommend it to anyone who likes a good family film.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw this movie a couple days ago. And I really loved it. It was a real good movie with a strong message. Let's just say this is the best CGI animated Disney movie ever. Light years above Chicken Little, Valiant, and the Wild.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Apr 19 2007 on  08:41 AM
I saw this movie a couple days ago. And I really loved it. It was a real good movie with a strong message. Let's just say this is the best CGI animated Disney movie ever. Light years above Chicken Little, Valiant, and the Wild.
Well what you expect its the first one with out eisner being involved :)

Ive not seen it yet. But i dont need to to see that its got alot of quality in the animation just from the comercials. Another thing i noticed right off is theres no toy line yet also the number of comercials before and after release are much fewer than any previous modern disney film. This is all telling me theres been huge changes at disney in their attitude towards films. They are less money grubbing pigs than they were :)

Im quite pleased witht he turn around post eisner. Heres hoping this movie snags a non animation specific award or 3.  Personally when i see it even if i hate it i hope it still gets some non animation awards simply put the day a animated film gets say a best picture or best actor award is the day thigns change for animation for ever. The way it is perceived changes. It stop beeing something looked at as for children only and become a much more main stream way of making a films.

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I loved the "My dad looks like Tom Selleck" part, particularly since Tom Selleck did indeed provide the voice for the character mentioned.
Overall, I thought it was very good, and I may see it again.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I haven't seen the movie yet. I'm not expecting much out of it. But I'll give it a chance.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Beauty and The beast remains the only animated film to be nominated for Best picture. It also was nominated for 6 academy awards..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've watched it about 15 days ago (and I've just found this thread. LOL). It was nice, very nice if you ask me. I was really surprised when the villain was nobody else than Lewis' roomate on the orphanage.  But the part I found really interesting is the one when the hat is who really wants to take over the world. The mesage is really comprehensive. I really enjoyed the movie, indeed.

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I liked it alot. although i am going to prefer it when Disney go back to 2-D hand drawn stuff.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't ever watch new movies except for LBT.  I didn't even know that this movie was in existance.  I just found out two days ago that there was a second harry potter movie!  I try to stick away from movies that arn't LBT.  I have much better things to do than watch movies.  What was it about exactly?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I just found out two days ago that there was a second harry potter movie!
As a matter of fact the fifth is about to be released. I can't say I'm very fond of the HP movies so far though. They don't come as near to the quality of the books as one could expect without getting unrealistic.