The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2014 Awards-Tiebreakers

Nick22 · 25 · 3790

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well folks as often happens in the awards,  we we have a couple ties again this year. This year the Helpful Member vote ended in a tie between Rhombus and Ducky 123 with 4 votes Each and Pterano and LettuceBacon&Tomato tied for the Roleplay runner-up award with 2 votes each. we will now have a tiebreaker vote for the next 3 days, the one who finishes 1st will get the first place award the one who finishes second will get the runner-up.Ducky and Rhombus cannot vote in this tiebreaker.  if there is STILL a tie after 3 days the admins will vote to break the tie.

Rhombus-3
 Ducky123-3
 People have until MIDNIGHT on SEPTEMBER 20th to vote

The Roleplay vote will start on September 21st and run for 3 days
Pterano-2
LettuceBacon&Tomato-3
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Even though I'm marked as winning runner-up in Role-Playing, I double-checked the votes and I'm pretty sure Pterano and I tied for second with 2 votes each.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'll double check LBT and if so that vote will be held after this first tiebreaker.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok, LBT is correct so the Roleplay tiebreaker will be held from September 21stto the 23rd at midnight.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've given this some thought but have decided to keep my vote I had before and go for Ducky123 as again he has done so much to not only help me,but everyone on the board. It was very hard for me two pick between the two but,Ducky123 is my man for Helpful Member 2014. Both of them deserve it and I wish I could vote for both,but in the end..there can only be one.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Nick22,Sep 18 2014 on  10:25 AM
Ok, LBT is correct so the Roleplay tiebreaker will be held from September 21stto the 23rd at midnight.
As much as I want to win, it would be unfair to Pterano if I was chosen via miscount :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nobody's voting? Seriously, I don't wanna win or lose a poll that has only one vote  <_< it wouldn't be representative...
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Gosh, I totally forgot about this. oO

Well, I still vote for Ducky123 for the Helpful Member, for the same reasons I did as in the main topic, since he was the one who welcomed me.

And once again, I can't really cast a vote when it comes to roleplay, sadly.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Tough decisions to make, but I'm still going to vote rhombus for Helpful and LettuceBacon&Tomato for Roleplay, for the same reasons I gave in the main voting thread.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm sorry, but I just can't vote in either case. In case of RPG it is ignorance in the field of GOF RPGs that made me already skip the original vote there while in case of helpfulness neither I am really just incapable of ranking either of the two candidates over the other without feeling like I committed an act of unfairness. It is easier to be a bit more relaxed about giving a vote to one among a large group of possible candites knowing that the others too will get their share of credit from other voters, but in case of either or between rhombus and Ducky123, I just can't.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll go with Ducky123 for most helpful member for keeping contact with me even when I'm gone for such long periods of time!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll vote for rhombus since he has posted many posts including caption this, history, and other areas.  Even though I've not really talked to either person.  

For RPG I'll vote for Pterano Since I've' not rped with LettuceBacon&Tomato that I can remember, and Pterano has run some of the rp's I've been in and have had fun rping in.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This is a tricky call on helpful member since both are very good members. But I think i'm going to give the edge to RHOMBUS here because of his efforts in the history section. he knows his stuff.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Since LB&T really wants to win this award, would it be easier if I just willingly withdrew my name from the tiebreaker vote?

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well you can withdraw Pterano, if you wish. we've had people in tiebreakers withdraw. If you decide to withdraw, LBT will be declared the winner.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My vote for the RPG Award goes to Pterano for the great RP's he's leading. I can't judge the RPing style of LB&T since I'm not in any RP he's in so I won't take that into account.
Inactive, probably forever.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well since Ducky and Kor voted for me... I'll stay in I guess. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Since Rhombus and Ducky are tied, even though the deadline is up I'm voting Rhombus for Most Helpful Member, because he's taught me some great things over the years, especially in the fields of current events and science.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'll vote Rhombus for most helpful member as his knowledge of science and current events has helped me learn more about the world.

As for roleplay gamer, I'll vote LettuceBacon&Tomato for his amazing contributions to Darwin's Soldiers and Into the Black.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the tiebreaker for Helpful member will go to the admins.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: