The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2009 Appreciated Member Award - Voting Open

Petrie. · 35 · 5339

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
As has been previously mentioned, we really wish everyone could win an award because there are many amazing members in our community who deserve recognition in some way.  We opened up the process by allowing the runner-ups to wear an award badge in honor because in many cases, they too received multiple votes from our community, and should be recognized as such.

The appreciated member award will be given to someone who has NOT won a regular GOF award for 2009 (winner or runner up).  Anyone else who has made a presence on the GOF can be nominated to win the Appreciated Member Award for 2009.  As with previous award voting, you must provide an explanation for your choice or your vote will not count.  Voting for the appreciated member will end on June 6, 2009.

If you are uncertain who to pick, the members listed below (in alphabetical order) were nominated for awards for 2009 but did not win. They are a good start when considering people who have assisted and helped the GOF grow in the minds of our community.

Aaron (NeptuneNavigator)
Adam (Petrie)
Brian (Aves)
Chiletrek
Chronicler
DarkPterano
DarkWolf91
Drake
Explorer
flathead770
GreatValleyGuardian
Jason (Littlefoot1616)
lbtfan13
Myrakin
NeoGenesis
noname
Patrick (Nimrod)
raga
Saft
Serris
Sky

Good luck to all members! :)
Adam

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I am posting this for Malte.  Due to circumstances in real life, he may not get online for a while, and wanted to make sure he voted for this.  In his words:

As for the appreciated member award my vote would go to Cancerian Tiger for her participation in almost all activities in the GOF, for her very interesting contributions, for her readiness to disagree with others (thereby creating very interesting discussion), and her generally friendly attitude.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I've been impressed with this person since they came to the GOF and I've really enjoyed her contribution to those tricky topics that end up in AM.  She has really made me think and reconsider what I was actually typing because her points and discussion were spot on (in my opinion) many times, and I found myself agreeing with her on some occasions.  She is far better at being civil and is less cynical than I am.  I appreciate Cancerian Tiger for her comments and participation and activity on the GOF.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Vote Tally as of 10:18 Cebtral 5-28-09
 CAncerian Tiger 3
AvesTheForumFox 1
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well Aves, I must admit you weren't the first person I thought of for this award but now that I see your name in the list, I must say this award has got to go to you.  Although I don't know you very well, I have noticed your posts and I've seen your willingness to help others.  You are a great contribution to this community.  And if I remember correctly, you did something for GOF that dealt with RPG's in some way.  I can't say what you did since I never go to that section, but I know that whatever you did you did with the best intentions.  You're always trying to think of new things and trying to improve the community and I respect that.  That's why I think this award should go to you. :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, you don't need to be on that list I put up to get a vote.  That was just to spark some ideas because these people had received nominations and obviously had done something for the community to be noticed in some way.  I chose someone who wasn't on the list.  

Its really whoever you want, provided you give an explanation.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Member Appriciation...

I choose....Cancerian Tiger. Not just because I consider her an online and spiritual sister. :^.^: But because she has the bravery to say, "I am different, I am this way, but so what?" Or at least something along the lines of that. She has a GREAT sense of humor and make some captions in the "Caption This" section that made me LOL! xD
She really is a valuable member here and I appriciate her topics and her voice on here. Cheers to you CT!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks, guys :).

This is terribly hard 'cuz our GOF family is full of awesome members.  The member I choose is Rat_Lady7.  She, too, is both my online and spiritual sister :yes.  We also seem to share a lot in common, at least as far as I know.  In addition, she has sparked some debates in the AM section that were proactive, as well as many interesting topics in general on the GOF.  She's also fun to have around in the Party Room :D!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 29 2009 on  05:12 AM
Thanks, guys :).

This is terribly hard 'cuz our GOF family is full of awesome members.  The member I choose is Rat_Lady7.  She, too, is both my online and spiritual sister :yes.  We also seem to share a lot in common, at least as far as I know.  In addition, she has sparked some debates in the AM section that were proactive, as well as many interesting topics in general on the GOF.  She's also fun to have around in the Party Room :D!
You can't, she won an award.

I vote for LF1616 for just being awesome and funny :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Yeah, sorry, Ratlady already won an award this year....for the reasons you mentioned. ;)

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Well, I stick to my choice from earlier. ^^

Appreciated Member
What can I say? Nothing much, except I vote for Petrie for this award. He created this site and kept it online until today.
If he didn't, I wouldn't have met so many new friends and found my true passion: Drawing. *Cheers* :lol:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aw, shucks.  My bad :bang.  I totally forgot about that rule.

Well, since it can't be someone from the list of winners and runner-ups, I choose NeoGenesis005.  He's only been here for a short time, but he's a lot of fun to have around.  He's made many funny posts in the Party Room, and he seems to brighten things up on the GOF.  His fanart is also out of this world.  Overall, he's a good one to have around :D!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
My nomination for this award has to go to a person I feel has done an awful lot for this community. His dedication and ever watchful eye has helps steer this foum board and helped it become the wonderful online space that is has become today. I am in fact talking about our great and noble leader (and a good friend too ;)). Yes sir, that eye in the sky and creator of us all (virtually anyway :lol), Petrie. Don't forget kids, Big Petrie is watching... ;)

BTW, current running totals of casted votes can be found here!

Appreciated Member 2009 Tally

Best of luck to everyone ;)

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
From all my experiences here I¥ll vote for Jason. He is just an awesome guy and always happy. At least he seems to be happy in the conversations I had with him til now. He is a nice person to talk to and is very helpful. So, my vote will go to him.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I vote for Petrie because of all the hard work he puts in to make sure that the site is the very best it can be.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm voting for Cancerian Tiger .  She seems to be everywhere at once, always helpful, always nice.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I vote Noname, he is an extremely great guy. He likes to joke around and he doesn't mind to do any favours for people.
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
My vote for the Appreciated Member goes to Cancerian Tiger. :) She's nice, opinionated, not afraid to stand up for herself where she deems necessary (yet still respectful of other members), helpful, insightful, and just an overall fun person to have on GOF. :)

*glad he could get the vote taken care of before the big move*
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My vote also goes for Cancerian Tiger as she is kind and I've never seen a bad post from her.  She's also very welcoming.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Adam already posted what I wrote when I was not sure if I would spend the time of the Appreciated member Award in a hospital and out of reach of an internet access.
There are many, many members in the GOF whom I really appreciate a lot though I did not cast my vote for them on any of the awards. Littlefoot, Andrey, Sebastian, and James for example are members with whom I really hold in very high esteem though I did not nominate one of them of an award this year.
Somehow one of the most important of all members of the GOF and the founder of this "Great Place" was not elected for any of the other awards which goes to show that the awards cover but only a tiny fraction of what is important for the GOF and that they are but an imperfect way of giving credit to GOF members. Not only would this place not exist without Adam, but it would not work out properly either. His work cannot be appreciated enough.
I also want F-22 to know that I really appreciate you a lot, that I think we have come to know each other more than we did so far throughout the past year, and that we may get to know each other even better during the year to come. We may disagree on a couple of things, but you are nobody to dislike someone for just disagreeing on some points. We certainly do have some shared interests and I'm looking forward to discuss them on the GOF :yes
My vote for the Appreciated Member Award goes to Cancarian Tiger. She participation almost everywhere in the GOF, and did so in a very interesting manner. Very often she really got discussions going, started, or restarted. She has the courage to let everyone know if she disagrees on something (thereby creating really interesting discussions) and at the same time she doesn't see disagreeing necessarily as a cause of conflict. Her great activity in the GOF goes along with a generally friendly nature of the same. I also admit that she is in my personal "good books" for being the only ever of many fans whom I send it who took the trouble to read what I have written of my story "Old Threehorns" so far. For all this my vote on this final award goes to her.