The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2010 Appreciated Member Award Candidates

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I must admit, at first I thought this rule was an invention of the admins as my punishment for raising such a storm about the 'Fan Fiction Award' but upon further research I came to find that it existed prior to the voting, though it is only something that was brought in this year.
Evil, vicious, rotten, dictatorial, oppressive admins! There are times when I feel like resigning just in order not to be seen as so scary and part of that sinister group of evildoers anymore <_< :cry

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 24 2010 on  06:15 AM
I must admit, at first I thought this rule was an invention of the admins as my punishment for raising such a storm about the 'Fan Fiction Award' but upon further research I came to find that it existed prior to the voting, though it is only something that was brought in this year.
Evil, vicious, rotten, dictatorial, oppressive admins! There are times when I feel like resigning just in order not to be seen as so scary and part of that sinister group of evildoers anymore <_< :cry
Malte, I don't think that's what Caustizer meant when he said that he mistook the rule as a form of punishment.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I thought the awards system was implemented as a fun and morale-boosting way to express appreciation to members and encourage forum contributions, not to glorify some members over others. I think some people are taking the whole thing too seriously.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I thought the awards system was implemented as a fun and morale-boosting way to express appreciation to members and encourage forum contributions, not to glorify some members over others. I think some people are taking the whole thing too seriously.

That was the purpose of the GOF awards when I started them in 2006.  2010 seems to tell a different tale when it comes to how people perceive the GOF awards.  Please vote in the poll in the Rock Circle, and lets not hijack this thread any longer.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
***NOTICE TO ALL*** - Today will be the last day for votes for this award. Voting for the Appreciated Member Award will close at Midnight Tonight. Voting has been open for a week so get your last few votes in before we crown our winner. :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Votes for the Appreciated Member Award are now closed. Thanks a lot to everyone who participated! ;)