The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2010 Awards - Winners!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gang!

In case you hadn't figured it all out already. Here are the final results for the 2010 GOF Membership Awards as voted for by you the members. First place is highlighted in bold and underline and those entitled for Runner-Up awards (having placed second in total number of votes AND acquired at least 1/3 of the winner's total number of votes) are in brackets. Here are this years winners and runner-ups:

Fanart Award - Ptyra (Sky)
Feedback Award - Pangaea
Friendly Member Award - Cancerian Tiger (Kor)
Helpful Member Award - Pangaea (DarkHououmon)
Philosopher Award - Malte279
Proactive Award - Rat_Lady7 (Petrie)
Project Award - Mumbling (action9000)
Role Play Gamer Award - Serris (Kor)
Appreciated Member Award - Caustizer (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

Congratulations to all those who won awards this year. Also a great big thanks to all those who participated. The awards would not be made possible without your genuinely heartfelt contributions. Once things are organised, admins will deliver your chosen banner design for you to place in your signature for all the forum to see. Please make sure that signature sizes remain within forum guidelines when adding your banner. Winners and runner-ups may select their banner design, that Malte has very kindly created, from the list  HERE!
HERE! Remember that runner-ups CANNOT select the same design as the category winner (who gets first choice). Please submit your chosen designs to either myself or Malte via PM and we will ensure you receive your banner in due course.

Thanks again everyone for taking part and congrats to this year's winners! ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
And as for the winners, please pick your awards and add them to your signatures as soon as possible so the runner up winners can pick their drafts too (they can't until the winners have had their picks). Kor sent me a PM suggesting for announcements once the winners have made their pick. I think that might be a bit too much as the runner ups can take a look at the signatures of the winners to know when awards have been picked and which draft has been picked. If winners send a message to their runner ups to let them know when they made their pick this would be kind of course. In any case please don't let the runner ups wait too long.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The thread is open for some more days upon popular request ;)
My apologies to LB&T for one mistake. He originally didn't appear as a runner up for the appreciated member award on the list though of course he did win :yes
To add the award of your choice to your signature the winners and later the runner ups just need to right click on the award draft of their choice in this thread, save the link and add it in image brackets to their signatures. Of course you can also right click on the award, save it and host it somewhere else, but you don't need to (I'm hosting the awards and am not going to remove them at any time).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was already wondering why there was no runner up for appreciated member! Congrats to all the winners :)

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
First, I want to congratulate all winners and runner-ups! :celebrate Yay!  :lol:
Having said that, I will draw even more and put even more effort to my fanart to win next year! Muahaha! :lol :angel

So how does this runner-up award works? You just pick one of the list that the winner didn't already pick and write "Runner-Up" above? :huh: I'm a little confused... :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Runner ups just pick a draft which the winner did not pick already. There is no requirement or need for runner ups to change the appearance of the award in any way. Other than not having the first pick of the drafts there is no difference between the awards for the winners and the runner ups. The appearance of the awards is the same and runner ups don't need to add any line stating it to be a runner up to their signatures unless they want to.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Congradulations to everyone who won an award and a runner up!

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who nominated me for awards this year as coming into this I was sure I wasn't going to win anything and you all proved me wrong :DD

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congrats to every winner and runner up!!  :)  :D

It's been a great year here at GOF.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Congrats guys! :)

Uh oh...I'm too late. :p I guess I could just take it and upload it on my account if that's okay.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The slight mishap was no big deal, I was just afraid that for some reason, Appreciated Member didn't get a runner-up award.  :unsure: Thanks for clearing that up, though.

And great job everyone who won an award, and everyone who voted! :celebrate

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Congratulations to everyone who won an award (including runners-up) and thank you to everyone who voted! :DD (No matter who was nominated, I really liked seeing everyone’s choices for each category, and their explanations for why they felt those members deserved their respective awards.) I, for one, greatly enjoyed participating (I was actually a little sad when the voting closed before I could place nominations for two of the categories). I am excitedly anticipating voting again next year. :yes

And I feel almost obliged to say this: I can’t believe I won two awards. :wow Ironically, though I’ve always tried to be helpful, and never originally planned that giving fanart and fanfiction feedback would become my fortÈ (it just sort of happened that way), it’s the Helpful Member Award that came as a real surprise to me. In the year I’ve spent as an active member of the GOF, I’ve done my best to be useful and contributive, regardless of whether or not I would get an award for it. I had no idea that I made such an impact, or that so many members thought highly enough of me that they would nominate me for an award. I can’t describe my gratitude; not that all who voted for me helped me win the awards (well, that too, I suppose, but it’s comparatively minor :p), but that you essentially validated that I had made a positive difference in the forum. Thank you all, a million times over. :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Congratulations to all who won an award and to all who are runner-ups, and thanks to everybody who voted.  Whether or not members won any awards, I'd like for each and every member here to know that he or she contributes and makes a positive difference to the GOF :yes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congrads to everyone who participated, reguardless of if they won or not.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Congratulations to all the winners and runners up! You guys really deserve everything :D

Also, a big thank you to those who nominated me in these awards this year! I really appreciate it :yes