The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2011 Award winners

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The Award vote of 2011 has been concluded and in case of the appreciated member award where the outcome was very narrow this year it was decided in the staff room that it would be better to permit for two runner up awards rather than have yet another tie breaking vote. So here are the winners and the runner up winners of the awards (if any). As a reminder, there are runner ups only if the one with the second most votes got at least a third of the votes of the winner. There is no difference in the appearance of the winner awards and the runner up awards (no need to mark a runner up award as such in any way). The only difference is that the winner may take the first pick among the award banners while the runner up then needs to pick a banner other than the one picked by the winner.
And here are our winners:

Fanart Award:
Sky
Runner up:
oogaboo

Feedback Award:
Pangaea

Friendly Member Award:
The Friendly Sharptooth
Runner up:
LBTDiclonius

Helpful Member Award:
Pangaea

Philosopher Award:
Malte279
Runner up:
jansenov

Proactive Award:
Mumbling
Runner up:
Pangaea

Role Play Gamer Award:
Nick22

Appreciated Member Award:
vonboy
Runner up:
brekclub85 and Campion1

With brekclub85 and Campion1 having the exact same claim to the runner up award after vonboy has picked his I do hope that you two can agree on which of the remaining drafts each of you picks. In case you both insisted on the same award draft to pick I think it would be okay for you to both use the same draft.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
so, we just post here with the banner that we want?

I'll take this one.

Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Waahh!? It's already over?  :o That went pretty fast I think. *3*
Anyways, congratulations to all the winners and runner-ups!

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Waahh!? I really won? :! That's so... awesome! /)^3^(\ :lol Thank you to all who voted for me~ TvT :wub

Uuuh, I shall pick one so oogaboo can pick one too! :)
I think I take this one:

Again, congratulations to all winners and runner-ups and everyone who participated!  :celebrate

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Question! What's a "winnder"?  I thought these guys were winners, not this "winnders" you are refeering to Malte :p

But yes, congrats to one and all ^^

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Can we put these in our signatures yet, or do we still have to wait?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So what does this mean? I put it in my sig or something?

And congrats to everyone else!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Sorry for taking so long to decide. :oops

I guess I'll take these:

Thank you very much. :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yes, you can put the banners in your signatures.  Winners choose which banner first, runner-ups second. -Adam

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm not very good at adding banners. I still have to add the 2004 member banner too
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
First off, The Friendly Sharptooth has already added his award to his signature, so that means, I'm free to post.

Congratulations to all the winners and the runner-ups! :celebrate
Also, thanks to each and everyone one of you who voted for me and to all the people on this forum who make it a better place to be! Thank you all! I honestly never thought I'd win ANYTHING, least of all be a runner-up for the friendly award! Thank you all so much! :^.^:

I believe I'll take this one.

Thanks again guys! :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Congrats to all the winners, runner-ups, and anybody who received a nomination :)!

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I say thank you to all the people who took the time to vote, and I also appreciate being chosen for the friendly member award. That’s actually a pretty ironic award for me after a phone call I had with an administrator earlier this year. I told him I was afraid that as I’ve been growing older from when I first joined, as I’ve been here three years, that I’ve become far less friendly to the point I could be considered “cold.” He told me that my posts are generally becoming more serious at times and I approach things directly more often, but that doesn’t take away the aspect of friendliness, so this year’s voting certainly proved his advice to be sage. I guess, even those who’ve grown somewhat blunt can still be seen as friendly to his peers, and I thank you all for showing me that. As we move on from this year’s awards, I have to say, I see an entire community just full of winners who make the GoF a pleasure each and every day.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I will take this one. Thank you all for voting!