The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Question on Feathers

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
I was rewatching LBT 12 and I remembered a question that's been haunting me for a while that I keep forgetting to ask here.

Looking at the creatures the Gang encounters and sees on a daily basis, how could they not have known what Guido's feathers were and what they were for? They've met Ichy and, looking at the cameos in LBT 7 and 9, I can assume they see birds all the time.

All these Flyers have feathers, so wouldn't it be natural to assume Guido was capable of some sort of aerial activity?  :unsure:

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Since they mostly saw Ichy at night, and that they probably never noticed the Birds up close, they probably had no idea what he was, as lkely, most of the flyers didn't have feathers, so they didn't know what it was, but this is just my theory, and maybe the directors didn't pay attention to the other movies.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would guess since it was the previous director that it could be that none of the main folks who did the episode may have not seen the 4th movie or may have forgotten it.  With many folks continuity is not to important, or they just don't care, and no one is in charge of making sure everything fits in.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Good question. I don't know, other than simply a lack of continuity. Not everyone cares that much about continuity, as some folks have it in their mind that kids are stupid and won't question such a thing. So this could be the reason why the dinosaurs acted confused at the sight of Guido even though in past movies they would have seen them off and on.