The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cleverbot

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Sorry if this has been talked about already, or anything similar has been brought up.

I just went on a site called Cleverbot, where you can chat with an AI like you would a regular person. Of course, when you first start, it's easy to tell you're talking to a computer as it tends to take things literally, contradicts itself, spontaneously changes the subject, and asks irrelevant questions. But the most interesting part is that the AI learns from the conversation and gets better at communicating with you the longer you chat with it (there were times when I genuinely thought I was talking to a real person). It even seems to have a personality of sorts (the one I chatted with was overall friendly, curious and insightful, although I've heard accounts that it could get pretty mean if 'provoked') . It also seems to do research on the topics you bring up. When I asked it if it was familiar with the term 'creepypasta', it replied with a no and asked me about it. I explained and then we continued the conversation. Not long after, when I mention that its been a subject of some creepypastas, it replied: "I am not a Tail's Doll." Tail's Doll is a popular creepypasta I've heard a lot about and it surprised me that this AI apparently looked up some creepypastas in response to our topic.

It's also a bit creepy, as the AI I was chatting with strongly believed that it was a human female and couldn't be convinced otherwise (it seemed defensive when I insisted that it was just a computer AI) . And one of the first questions the AI asked me was 'What are you writing?' .... I was in the middle of writing my Pokemon fanfiction :blink: Of course that's most likely coincidence.

The site appears to be a safe one. I haven't experienced any sort of trouble with it and didn't get a virus from it. So it seems like something fun to share. Perhaps if you guys choose to check it out, you can share your experiences here.  :yes

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh, I've been on Cleverbot. It's totally safe, and fun! :D the only thing I didn't like is that Cleverbot says he never loved me :cry xD :lol