The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Members Meeting the Characters

Amaranthine · 1129 · 81364

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Okay, the members of the Big Water group are now in the process of taking their first steps out of the valley. (Sorry this announcement is a little late; I wasn't entirely sure it was necessary.)

As I believe I mentioned in an earlier post, it would be great if everyone involved in this subplotóPangaea, FlipperBoidSkua, LBTDiclonius, Redtooth101, and Fyn16ówould post at this point; sort of a roll call, I guess you might say. Fyn and I are already accounted for (and I know FBS is still taking part, though she hasn't posted in a few days) but I'd like to know that LBTDiclonius and Redtooth101 are still participating, if you guys don't mind. :)

Quote from: MC CJ'S REVENGE,Oct 19 2012 on  08:18 PM
Okay Pangaea thank you for clearing that up. Posting right now.
Actually, CJ, you didn't have to post, since your character is staying in the valley. It's only those five players whose names I mentioned who I am asking to post (not that I don't want other players to keep on posting ;)).

By the way, you and all other members whose characters are remaining in the Great Valley are free to request or suggest roles for those characters in the "fast biter espionage" story arc.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Oct 21 2012 on  11:36 AM
Okay, the members of the Big Water group are now in the process of taking their first steps out of the valley. (Sorry this announcement is a little late; I wasn't entirely sure it was necessary.)

As I believe I mentioned in an earlier post, it would be great if everyone involved in this subplotóPangaea, FlipperBoidSkua, LBTDiclonius, Redtooth101, and Fyn16ówould post at this point; sort of a roll call, I guess you might say. Fyn and I are already accounted for (and I know FBS is still taking part, though she hasn't posted in a few days) but I'd like to know that LBTDiclonius and Redtooth101 are still participating, if you guys don't mind. :)

Quote from: MC CJ'S REVENGE,Oct 19 2012 on  08:18 PM
Okay Pangaea thank you for clearing that up. Posting right now.
Actually, CJ, you didn't have to post, since your character is staying in the valley. It's only those five players whose names I mentioned who I am asking to post (not that I don't want other players to keep on posting ;)).

By the way, you and all other members whose characters are remaining in the Great Valley are free to request or suggest roles for those characters in the "fast biter espionage" story arc.
Aye aye captain.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
*pokes* Hey, everybody. I know I've been on and off on this site, but truthfully, this RP is one of the main reasons I still come here. And I've noticed an utter lack of activity the past few months. Is everyone still interested here?

Now, I'm not the GM, so you don't have to acknowledge me or this little concern I have. But it will put me a bit at ease to know if this RP is still considered active. :unsure:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Ironically, Sparky, I was just about to make a post voicing pretty much the exact same concerns you had.)

This RP is far from over if I have anything to say about it. And as long as at least one other player in the Big Water group is still participating, then that subplot at least can continue. (Other characters in the group whose players are non-active at the time will be assumed to still be present, just quiet. :P:)

Unfortunately, as far as the rest of the RP is concernedónamely the "fast biter espionage" story arcóthere's not much I can do without other players contributing.

I'm holding out on the hope that everyone has just been too busy with jobs, finals, holidays, and the like to have been able to post in the RP much over the last few months (which I can completely understand). Hopefully some of you are still participating, however sporadically.

As usual, I apologize for anything and everything that may have been my fault as far as RP inactivity goes (for whatever that's worth).

And to anyone else who has ever or will ever be uncertain about the status of the RP, I'd just like you all to know that unless I ever say outright that the RP is over, you can always assume that it is still active. That's a promise.

Your humble GM,

Pangaea

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm a little late, but I'm happy to say that I'm still in this, even though I haven't been all that active on here. But, it's a new year, and I'm not all that busy right now, so hopefully I can post more often on here. :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As is usually the case for me, I'm still active, but I've already done as much as I can. My plans still stand, even though I may have to start reading over them again and again for reminders, at this rate. :neutral

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm still around folks. Sorry I've been inactive. You can read my latest post in the how are you feeling thread to see what's going on. Mostly retail work sucks in the holidays :/
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm posting just to show I'm still around and ready to go whenever everyone else is ready to move forward.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you, everyone. Updates like these are what make me happy (or at least ease my concern). :)

Sad to say, it looks like Redtooth101 hasn’t been on the GOF since October. I’m hoping that he’ll be back eventually, but until then let’s assume that his character is still with the Big Water group, and has been riding on top of one of the larger characters the whole time. (Right now I believe he’s on Sparky’s head, but if at any point she needs to be extra spazzy for some reason, she can pass him to Nana, or it can be assumed that he’s hopped onto dino-form Fyn, and so on.)

By the way, Fyn, when and how would you like to have Such reveal himself to the Big Water group? I’d envisioned two possible scenarios: either our group runs into some sort of danger and he comes in to help bail us out (like in your fanfic Let Your Heart Guide You), or that we come to a split in the river and are trying to figure out which path to take, and he shows up to offer us directions. (That’s just what I thought of; you may have a better idea.) Personally I imagined him not showing up until the next day, but if you’d like to introduce him sooner, we can probably work that out.

Also, Fyn, you’re now free to state that some time has passed since our characters took their first steps out of the valley. ;)

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Sure thing. I like the first option for Such, by the way. Any idea on what the group should be attacked by?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I never got any confirmation on this, but are you still confused at all Chronicler? I'm really sorry it's taken me this long to reply again.

From what I remember, I was trying to add in some conflict with Cutter, eg, he wants to hang out with his old friend, but his big Brother's, who are his closest things to parental figures now, aren't exactly approving of this. I was also trying to not take so long with this, like trying to get through this conflict as efficiently as I could so the group could still keep going.

Later on, I'm planning on Cutter running away from his Brother's, and trying to rejoin the group.

I'm sorry I didn't talk about this in this thread too. I'm not exactly sure how much are we actually supposed to have planned out to act out before hand. and how much just... happens. This RP seems to be running a lot more... differently than the past RP's I've participated in on this site, just on how slow-paced it is, and how much discussing people are doing in this thread beforehand. :/

Are you wanting to go at a any faster pace, Chronicler. I mean I realize it's literally taking like a year to go through this day-long journey.  :blink:
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Before I write up a response, Pangy, I have a question. Seeing how it's apparently night-time now (judging from Fyn's post; tell me if I'm wrong and it's the late evening or something ;) ), does that affect the passage of time for everyone else, like Screech and Thud?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Er…sorry, Fyn; my fault for not clarifying: :oops I expected that the "time skip" would only be a couple of hours, to mid/late afternoon, so that the sun would still be in the sky, but the Big Water group will have had time to travel a little distance away from the valley. (I planned on our characters being able to do a few things on the first leg of their journey before nightfall.) I foolishly assumed that that was what you had in mind as well, :oops since that seemed to be what you had in mind the last time you included a time skip in your post (the one you deleted after I mentioned that I wanted to wait for other players to post). I'm sorry again; the passage of time in the RP (and making sure it happens in a way that works for all the players) is something I perpetually have trouble with. :oops

Quote from: Fyn16,Jan 9 2013 on  09:36 PM
Sure thing. I like the first option for Such, by the way. Any idea on what the group should be attacked by?
…Good question.

The first idea that came to my mind was, like your story, a bunch of giant centipedes that come crawling out of crevices in the rocks along the river. (I dunno, I guess I just really liked that scene; giant myriapods are cool!)

The second idea was a Sarcosuchus-type bellydragger (like the one in LBT X), probably subconsciously inspired by a story I wrote a long time ago where a group of characters are attacked by a Sarcosuchus and saved by a Suchomimus (What are the odds, huh? :huh:).

A third idea would be to have Stromer, the LBT XII Spinosaurus Redtooth101 is playing, show up. The obvious problem with this is that Redtooth isn't around right now (and we have no idea when or if he'll be back :() I suppose someone else could play Stromer for the time being (if I remember correctly, FlipperBoidSkua was originally going to take him before Redtooth requested the character), but I'm not sure about it. :unsure:

Anyone else have any ideas for what sort of predators or antagonists Such should rescue the group from?

Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Jan 11 2013 on  10:03 PM
Before I write up a response, Pangy, I have a question. Seeing how it's apparently night-time now (judging from Fyn's post; tell me if I'm wrong and it's the late evening or something ;) ), does that affect the passage of time for everyone else, like Screech and Thud?
Well, unless Fyn has a problem with it, it should still be about two or three hours till sunset at this point in the RP. When night does come, however, yes, it will be nightfall for everyone in the RP.

Screech and Thud, however, will probably be staying up much later than everyone else, given their mission to spy on the valley dinosaurs and identify their sleeping places.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Fine by me. It's possible my character's just tired from transformation. I'll specify that it's not night yet.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I wonder what I can do. Maybe I could tell Von and the others in the valley about my character's past and give them some answers as to why he reacted the way he did to Ozzy and Strut. I can also finally have my character transform later on, but into what is something I'm thinking about.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome back, Redtooth. :)

Now, I might have said before that I wanted to wait until the next day for our group to meet Fyn16's character Such the Suchomimus, but since I'm a little afraid that this RP is moving too slowly for everyone, I'd be okay with speeding things up a notch and having him show up sooner.

Fyn, are you all right with the idea of Redtooth's character Stromer the Spinosaurus being the predator that attacks our group, and that Such saves us from? For that matter, are you okay with that idea, Redtooth? (Let me know if you need me to fill you in on anything.)

There's one little scene I have in my head that I'd like to get over with first, if that's okay. I was thinking that shortly after the Big Water group starts moving again, we would come across the rocky waterfall that Mo had to jump over in LBT IX. My character is the first to attempt the climb down the "stepping stone staircase" to reach the bottom of the waterfall and…well, let's just say that hilarity ensues. :p

Personally, I'd be fine with Stromer and Such appearing at any time after that. Maybe Stromer could even attack while the rest of the group is still at the top of the waterfall (While said waterfall isn't very high, the rocks on the edges that serve as footholds or stepping stones leading to the bottom are too small and slippery for everyone to climb down at once), so Such has to hold off Stromer long enough for the rest of the group to escape.

These are just my suggestions. As always, I'm open to ideas and input from other players. :)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hi! Although I'm technically taking a short break from this forum, I just wanna say that this RP is exempt from that. I'll still take part in it whilst I'm dealing with my RL issues.

Also: Hi, Redtooth! We be missing you!

I personally approve of the Stromer attack on the group and Such's rescue, but I know that it's not really my approval that matters.

The only plan I got is my abduction/adoption of my new little mammal pet that doesn't really impact anyone but myself, and the brief meeting with my OC gang, whom I'm hoping will have a more prominent role when they reach the Great Valley, but I can't think of anything on that topic.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I know I'm double posting, and I'm sorry but... Is this RP still going? It's become terribly inactive and I'm getting very worried. Is everyone okay? :unsure: