The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Me, the Spazz!

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
*hugs back* They will certainly be missed. Especially little Jolt. I don't mean to have favorites, but Jolt had so much......personality, for a bug. I'mma miss his quirky clumsiness...

When we have everything ready, I'll tell ya how things go with Domino and her future pals!!

Random question I thought of a while back: If you could have a flightless bird (extinct or living) as a pet, which one would you choose?

Ah man, that's a difficult one. Um..... I'm stuck with either a moa, a kiwi, or a penguin...... Gah! I can't choose :lol !!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Oct 7 2011 on  06:35 PM
Random question I thought of a while back: If you could have a flightless bird (extinct or living) as a pet, which one would you choose?
Ah man, that's a difficult one. Um..... I'm stuck with either a moa, a kiwi, or a penguin...... Gah! I can't choose :lol !!
What kind of penguin, do you think? :p And are we talking a big moa like a ten-foot female Dinornis, or a little four-footer like Megalapteryx or Anomalopteryx?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey Sparky, is this thread still open? I wanna start asking you questions again. :smile

If you could be a bat, what species would you choose? :p

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes! This thread is still open! Sorry about the delay!

For your previous question, I wanna Dinornis! Who knows, maybe I'll get to ride on it's back!! :lol And I want all the penguins!! But if I had to choose one, ya can't beat the now-classic Emperor penguin!

If you could be a bat, what species would you choose?

Dang it, stop asking hard questions!!! :lol Strangely, I'm always a bat in my dreams, though rarely do I know what species. And when I do, I'm always a Common Vampire Bat. My first impulse is that, but the Honduran White Bat and Hoary bat is fighting hard and valiantly for my favorite spot...... I CAN'T CHOOSE!!

Although the Samoan Flying Fox is tempting too. I read they're one of the only bats to practice soaring flight and soaring flight is always my preferred style (if I can fly...I put a lot of thought into what kind of flight I would want if I was a bird)...

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Aug 30 2012 on  04:19 PM
Yes! This thread is still open! Sorry about the delay!
YESSS! :DD

Thanks for remembering to answer my other question from ten months ago, too. :D

Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Aug 30 2012 on  04:19 PM
I put a lot of thought into what kind of flight I would want if I was a bird...
Well, then, there's my next question: What kind of bird would you want to be? :smile

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You're welcome!!! :DD

Oooo! Now this one's a bit easier to answer cuz I be putting a lot of thought into it!

I would want to be a seabird of sorts (probably a skua :p ) so I can fly easily with high-speed, low-effort flight, can swim in water if I please, and still be able to walk well on land! It's like the perfect combo of all three worlds! :DD

But if I can't be a seabird of some kind, than I'd like to be a vulture!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A vulture…that's not a candidate I'd expect many people to say; I like that! :DD (Just today I was talking to my siblings about how vultures don't get enough appreciation.)

Any specific kind of vulture? Lammergeier, Egyptian vulture, griffon vulture, turkey vulture, condor, king vulture, palm nut vulture, etc.?

Also, are your pets still answering questions? Or would you and they rather I ask about them in this thread?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I love vultures!! They're awesome and beautiful birds, so graceful in flight!

I'd love to be an African White-Backed Vulture! They're my favorites! :DD

And yes, their thread is still open for questions! :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Have you seen Men In Black 3 and/or Ice Age: Continental Drift? I know both film series have had characters that you are fond of, and I've been curious as to what you think of the latest installments, assuming you've seen them. (Personally I thought that MIB 3 was far better than II, and though I didn't enjoy Continental Drift nearly as much as Dawn of the Dinosaurs, there were still a lot of things I loved about it.)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No, unfortunately, I haven't seen those movies. But I do wanna see Continental Drift! My sister watched it and she keeps tempting me by saying how good a movie it was. It ain't right <_<  :lol .

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Sorry to hear that. :(

What the heck is the "Sushi Monster" you mentioned in your latest art post? :confused :lol

Also, I'm so sorry, I can't help but ask: how's it going writing that response to that mega e-mail I sent you? :angel (No pressure; I'm just so eager to continue our conversation, and so paranoid about whether or not we're receiving each other's messages. :unsure:)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's alright! I'mma get to watching 'em eventually! I love the Ice Age franchise too much not to!!

And oh!! I never told you of the Sushi Monster?! :blink: I must change that immediately :lol !! When my sister and I were little, we used to hoard food into our room (we still do) and one of our favorite hiding spots was under our bed. Well, we soon conjured up a story that a piece a sushi laid forgotten under the bed for so long, that it grew sentient and sprouted massive tentacles and a mouthful of sharp teeth. We would say that whenever we peek under the bed, the Sushi Monster would wrap a tentacle around us and if we cut it off, the tentacle itself will scream. :lol We also say that whenever something goes missing, the Sushi Monster took it. :p

Oh! And don't worry, I've been working at the super-long e-mail whenever I can. I've been very busy with my work, my fanfics, and my fanart, so I haven't really been paying too much attention to my e-mail in general. It'll get done eventually, I just feel so sorry for making ya wait! :oops

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Sep 4 2012 on  01:24 PM
And oh!! I never told you of the Sushi Monster?! :blink: I must change that immediately :lol !! When my sister and I were little, we used to hoard food into our room (we still do) and one of our favorite hiding spots was under our bed. Well, we soon conjured up a story that a piece a sushi laid forgotten under the bed for so long, that it grew sentient and sprouted massive tentacles and a mouthful of sharp teeth. We would say that whenever we peek under the bed, the Sushi Monster would wrap a tentacle around us and if we cut it off, the tentacle itself will scream. :lol We also say that whenever something goes missing, the Sushi Monster took it. :p
Wow. That's something I'd like to see you draw. :lol For some reason I just visualized the Sushi Monster as a slavering, moldy green eldritch abomination…holding a pair of chopsticks :p (I don't know why; sushi isn't normally eaten with chopsticks, is it? :huh:) Anyway, that's yet another fascinatingly random story from you. Thanks.

Also, I now suspect that our house has its own variation of the Sushi Monster, one that particularly likes following me… <_< …because it seems that almost every time I drop something and don't see where it lands, it immediately vanishes from existence. Not to mention that I constantly find myself losing things precisely when I need them. :rolleyes I thought it might be boggarts, gnomes, gremlins, or hobgoblins, :p but now I'm wondering if the culprit is in fact a kleptomaniacal piece of mutated food. :P:

Oh! And don't worry, I've been working at the super-long e-mail whenever I can. I've been very busy with my work, my fanfics, and my fanart, so I haven't really been paying too much attention to my e-mail in general. It'll get done eventually, I just feel so sorry for making ya wait! :oops
That's okay. As long as I'm interacting with you either via e-mail or on the GOF, I'm happy. :smile And I'm relieved to hear that you didn't send a response that I never got.

Okay, new question:

How's it going on the Liopleurodon and walrus picture? And do you want any more details on the original? :)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Wow. That's something I'd like to see you draw.  For some reason I just visualized the Sushi Monster as a slavering, moldy green eldritch abomination…holding a pair of chopsticks  (I don't know why; sushi isn't normally eaten with chopsticks, is it? ) Anyway, that's yet another fascinatingly random story from you. Thanks.

Strange thing is, as soon as I told you the Sushi Monster story, I had this huuuuuuuuuuuuuge urge to draw it!! Stop reading my mind, Pangy!! :lol Personally, I like eating sushi with chopsticks cuz chopsticks are fun, but I'm not sure if the standard way to eat it.

Also, I now suspect that our house has its own variation of the Sushi Monster, one that particularly likes following me…  …because it seems that almost every time I drop something and don't see where it lands, it immediately vanishes from existence. Not to mention that I constantly find myself losing things precisely when I need them.  I thought it might be boggarts, gnomes, gremlins, or hobgoblins,  but now I'm wondering if the culprit is in fact a kleptomaniacal piece of mutated food.

Ahhhhh!! The Sushi Monster's got allies to take over the world!! Be careful or you might even get jumped by rogue jelly-filled donuts!! I almost got eaten by them yesterday!! :lol  :lol  :lol

How's it going on the Liopleurodon and walrus picture? And do you want any more details on the original?

Going very well actually!! I settled with a cartoonish Lio and walrus and I have it inked out and scanned for photoshopping. Do you want me to color it, or do you want it now with just the outline? And if you want it colored, what coloring do you like for Lio? :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Sep 4 2012 on  04:19 PM
Personally, I like eating sushi with chopsticks cuz chopsticks are fun, but I'm not sure if the standard way to eat it.
Well, in that case, I suppose it would be plausible for the Sushi Monster to use chopsticks (and have access to them). On the other hand, would that be kinda like a human eating with a cannibal fork? :p Could the Sushi Monster in fact be terrified of chopsticks? Are chopsticks its nemesis? Does the Sushi Monster have any natural enemies, for that matter? (Dear Zotz, the Sushi Monster is going to take over the thread at this rate!)

Ahhhhh!! The Sushi Monster's got allies to take over the world!! Be careful or you might even get jumped by rogue jelly-filled donuts!! I almost got eaten by them yesterday!! :lol  :lol  :lol
You know, my sister once made a Christmas card with a character called "Toasty, the gangster waffle". :spit I'm wondering now whether he was, in fact, drawn from reality, and if I should start arming myself with a butter knife before I go wandering the house in the dark. :p

How's it going on the Liopleurodon and walrus picture? And do you want any more details on the original?
Going very well actually!! I settled with a cartoonish Lio and walrus and I have it inked out and scanned for photoshopping. Do you want me to color it, or do you want it now with just the outline? And if you want it colored, what coloring do you like for Lio? :)
Given that my Lio was ripped off of based on the Liopleurodon from WWD, he unsurprisingly has the same color pattern. The walrus (whose name is Fatso) is brown with tan whiskers. The Aspirin pill was orange. :p

By the way, when you do finish the picture, would you mind showing it to me via e-mail before you post it anywhere? I'm still so easily embarrassed about the original picture and the work it's attached to that I'd rather limit its dissemination on the Internet. :oops I'm sorry, I hope that's not too selfish of me.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, in that case, I suppose it would be plausible for the Sushi Monster to use chopsticks (and have access to them). On the other hand, would that be kinda like a human eating with a cannibal fork?  Could the Sushi Monster in fact be terrified of chopsticks? Are chopsticks its nemesis? Does the Sushi Monster have any natural enemies, for that matter? (Dear Zotz, the Sushi Monster is going to take over the thread at this rate!)

Firstly: OMZ!!! You just said 'Dear Zotz' just like me!! *sniffles and dabs my eyes with a hanky* My little Pangy's growing into a fellow spazz so fast! I'm so proud!! :lol Oooooooo!!! I love that chopsticks-is-its-nemesis idea!! I can see an epic battle happening between them!!

Oh noes!!! The Sushi Monster's gonna take over the thread, then the site, then the UNIVERSE!!!

You know, my sister once made a Christmas card with a character called "Toasty, the gangster waffle".  I'm wondering now whether he was, in fact, drawn from reality, and if I should start arming myself with a butter knife before I go wandering the house in the dark.

And bring syrup, as an extra precaution! :D Waffles and their pancake friends have a natural fear of syrup!

By the way, when you do finish the picture, would you mind showing it to me via e-mail before you post it anywhere? I'm still so easily embarrassed about the original picture and the work it's attached to that I'd rather limit its dissemination on the Internet.  I'm sorry, I hope that's not too selfish of me.

It's no problem!! I'll admit, I'm kinda nervous to show it off too, at least not without your approval!! Oh!! And how do you guys do that crossing-out thinkg like ya did with the 'ripped off of' part?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Sep 6 2012 on  12:47 PM
Firstly: OMZ!!! You just said 'Dear Zotz' just like me!! *sniffles and dabs my eyes with a hanky* My little Pangy's growing into a fellow spazz so fast! I'm so proud!! :lol Oooooooo!!! I love that chopsticks-is-its-nemesis idea!! I can see an epic battle happening between them!!
*shrugs* Well, I'm not religious, so I feel awkward using phrases with "God" in them, and I decided that you'd chosen a pretty good substitute: one syllable, references a series I like, and even has the same vowel sound. I figured you'd appreciate seeing me using one of your idioms as well. :p

You know, my sister once made a Christmas card with a character called "Toasty, the gangster waffle". I'm wondering now whether he was, in fact, drawn from reality, and if I should start arming myself with a butter knife before I go wandering the house in the dark.
And bring syrup, as an extra precaution! :D Waffles and their pancake friends have a natural fear of syrup!
Butter is also very effective, because if you spread it on their front, they'll fall on their face and be unable to get up. :P:

Also, our cat loves butter (he's always jumping up on the table and licking the residue from the butter dish :lol), so any piece of roving food that finds itself lying on the floor covered in butter will be in big trouble. :p

It's no problem!! I'll admit, I'm kinda nervous to show it off too, at least not without your approval!!
Thanks! So excited to see that picture! :) (How's about ya include it with the response message you're already working on? I don't mind waiting for both to be complete before you send them.)

Oh!! And how do you guys do that crossing-out thinkg like ya did with the 'ripped off of' part?
You use ("strike-through") tags, just as you would use for underlining or for boldfacing. You have to type them manually, since they're not included under "Open Tags" for some reason.

Okay, enough of the random silly talk. Time to get back to serious questions. *puts on serious face*

What do you think of llamas? :p

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*shrugs* Well, I'm not religious, so I feel awkward using phrases with "God" in them, and I decided that you'd chosen a pretty good substitute: one syllable, references a series I like, and even has the same vowel sound. I figured you'd appreciate seeing me using one of your idioms as well.

I ain't religious either, though I'm still liberal in using the term 'God'. But my 'worshipping' of Zotz is purely for fun and part of my fangirl-ness for the Silverwing series!! I'm certainly very happy and pleasantly surprise to see you use a term I have the habit of saying all the time!!

Butter is also very effective, because if you spread it on their front, they'll fall on their face and be unable to get up.

Also, our cat loves butter (he's always jumping up on the table and licking the residue from the butter dish ), so any piece of roving food that finds itself lying on the floor covered in butter will be in big trouble.

Butter-side down!! :DD

Lol!! Fluffy loved butter too! I think I read that kitties like the taste of fats, so I'm not too surprised!! *thinks* Hmmmm, maybe I can employ a similar method of food-defense with my ratties!! :lol

Thanks! So excited to see that picture!  (How's about ya include it with the response message you're already working on? I don't mind waiting for both to be complete before you send them.)

And I'm excited about getting it done!! It sounds like a great idea sending it with the other message and thanks for expressing that amount of patience, but I don't think I myself have the patience to wait too long!! :lol Whenever I finish a picture, I wanna show to someone immediately and in this case, that someone is you!! *huggles*

You use ("strike-through") tags, just as you would use for underlining or for boldfacing. You have to type them manually, since they're not included under "Open Tags" for some reason.

Oooooh!!!! Thank you!!

Okay, enough of the random silly talk. Time to get back to serious questions. *puts on serious face*

Uh oh!! Serious!!! *hides behind the couch in fear!* :smile

[/u]
What do you think of llamas?

LLAMAS!!! I LOVE LLAMAS!!! THEY'RE AWESOME!!! The Emperor's New Groove and the Llamas With Hats series isn't helping!! Wait a minute, I gotta get this outta my system:

"CAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLL.........."

Have you ever seen Llamas With Hats?

And strange how you asked!! On Wednesdays, there's a farmer's market at a nearby shopping center and I went last Wednesday!! There were two llamas giving rides!! Needless to say, I had a LOT of fun!!!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Have you ever seen Llamas With Hats?
No, I never have. Sounds intriguing, though; animals in hats are funny. :lol

In response to that, have you ever seen this picture from Wikipedia? My youngest brother and I call it "The Epic Llama". :lol

And strange how you asked!! On Wednesdays, there's a farmer's market at a nearby shopping center and I went last Wednesday!! There were two llamas giving rides!! Needless to say, I had a LOT of fun!!!
Wow, another weird coincidence: I was inspired to ask this question because of a llama encounter I had last Saturday. My family and I were visiting our local zoo, and met their new llama for the first time. His name was Lynnard, he'll be a year old this month, and he was very friendly. He seemed extremely interested in my beard (which is very bushy) and the attendant zookeeper suggested that it reminded him of another llama. My response: "I've never been mistaken for a llama before." :lol I also learned from the zookeeper that llamas greet each other my sniffing each other's breath (apparently it's a method of identifying one another). Naturally I obliged Lynnard by giving him a few *imitates a dog panting* breaths in his face ("He keeled over, of course," :p my mom claimed that evening as I was telling my brother the story over the phone). Anyway, he was one adorable llama, and so fluffy, even though he'd been partially shorn recently. (The zookeepers had given him a special "poodle cut" with the fur on his body and neck cropped short but the fur on his legs left long, since they didn't want him to overheat but thought that if they gave him a full shear, he might get cold as autumn rolled in and the weather became chillier.) I can't wait to see (and pet) him again in a few months once his coat is fully regrown. I can't imagine how fluffy he'll be then. :DD

Have you seen my vacation thread about my trip to Utah this August? I posted a bunch of photos that I think might interest you. ;)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry for the double post, but I was so excited to hear on the "How Are You Feeling?" thread that you liked MythBusters. (I am a huge fan of that show and I have been experiencing a surge in obsession with it that has lasted for most of the year so far.)

How did you discover MythBusters, and what do you like about it? :)