The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 44066

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Oh man, I love this too. The red-tint of the sky was very pretty, and like many others I didn't realize it was a reflection until a split second later. The warm colors surrounding Indigo help to contrast, and even clash with the striking cool blue color of the dinosaur. Again, I really like this soft pastel style!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Thanks again everyone! Your feedback was quite helpful, and I must admit that when it comes to drawing tails, I always manage to run out of room   :sducky still, I’m thrilled to know that you all still enjoyed seeing the last few pieces! Here’s another one of Crim, a Coelophysis from— you guessed it— Across The Seasons   :PAli

"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, confession. I had to look up what genus and species a Coelophysis was.

I like just how defined Crim is. The height of the image makes it clear just how tall Crim is, and having Crim take up most of the center gives them a booming edge to the image. Having stand tall and bite a snake? in their mouth makes it clear that they're not to be trifled with.

My only critique is that I'm not actually sure when the foreground is. We still Crim standing on a small outcropping, but the lack of any parallax landmarks in the background make it unclear as to where they are. A mountain range, a hill in the desert, etc? Since the sides of the picture weren't as utilized, perhaps they could be used to define the setting?

And perhaps fittingly, Crim is complimented with a crimson dusk backdrop. Hahaha, I see what you did there. :thinking
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
You have been posting a lot of drawings lately and I’m very glad you have interest and time to do so, as more art is always welcome on the forum. First of all, the background in this once again works out perfectly and I’d also add that it might very may be the best one so far from your drawings, and not by a small margin. The high-quality detail in this not only in the figure itself, but on the surrounding terrain is very elegantly done. The scars on Crim portray a conflict of some sorts, and while it may not be as unpleasant as what Nimble had to go through, it does add some special features not only for the character’s appearance, but for their personality and such, which is something I have always found quite interesting, if you didn’t already pick up on that detail. I imagine that he/she is standing on a plateau of some sorts, and the posture of the character heavily points out about their ability to survive harsh circumstances. The eyes once again made me feel particularly fond of the picture, as with the first one you posted recently, it conveys the special message hidden in the big picture. For constructive criticism I have to talk about the character’s overall appearance in some parts again. I know this may start to sound heavily repetitive, but the pattern in its entirety looks a bit awkward, to speak the truth and the tail is quite prominent of low quality. Like I have said, investing more time to these small matters can significantly improve the overall quality of the drawing. If I come across as too nitpicky, then I hope you can forgive me as that is definitely not my intention at all. To end this feedback, I have to ask of you, do you simply have these already done and saved somewhere, as I find it somewhat hard to believe you would be this fast in making these drawings, but if that is so, then I have nothing but respect for your skills. I hope we can see more art from you soon as I very much enjoy viewing them myself. Thank you for sharing this with us, jassy! ;)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:11:57 AM by Anagnos »

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ah, confession. I had to look up what genus and species a Coelophysis was.

I like just how defined Crim is. The height of the image makes it clear just how tall Crim is, and having Crim take up most of the center gives them a booming edge to the image. Having stand tall and bite a snake? in their mouth makes it clear that they're not to be trifled with.

My only critique is that I'm not actually sure when the foreground is. We still Crim standing on a small outcropping, but the lack of any parallax landmarks in the background make it unclear as to where they are. A mountain range, a hill in the desert, etc? Since the sides of the picture weren't as utilized, perhaps they could be used to define the setting?

And perhaps fittingly, Crim is complimented with a crimson dusk backdrop. Hahaha, I see what you did there. :thinking

thank you Owls! Yeah, you definitely don’t want to mess with her. And  she’s supposed to be standing on some kind of rock but i probably should have added more to the background to make it more obvious  :OhYou

haha, pun intended?  :bestsharptooth

You have been posting a lot of drawings lately and I’m very glad you have interest and time to do so, as more art is always welcome on the forum. First of all, the background in this once again works out perfectly and I’d also add that it might very may be the best one so far from your drawings, and not by a small margin. The high-quality detail in this not only in the figure itself, but on the surrounding terrain is very elegantly done. The scars on Crim portray a conflict of some sorts, and while it may not be as unpleasant as what Nimble had to go through, it does add some special features not only for the character’s appearance, but for their personality and such, which is something I have always found quite interesting, if you didn’t already pick up on that detail. I imagine that he/she is standing on a plateau of some sorts, and the posture of the character heavily points out about their ability to survive harsh circumstances. The eyes once again made me feel particularly fond of the picture, as with the first one you posted recently, it conveys the special message hidden in the big picture. For constructive criticism I have to talk about the character’s overall appearance in some parts again. I know this may start to sound heavily repetitive, but the pattern in its entirety looks a bit awkward, to speak the truth and the tail is quite prominent of low quality. Like I have said, investing more time to these small matters can significantly improve the overall quality of the drawing. If I come across as too nitpicky, then I hope you can forgive me as that is definitely not my intention at all. To end this feedback, I have to ask of you, do you simply have these already done and saved somewhere, as I find it somewhat hard to believe you would be this fast in making these drawings, but if that is so, then I have nothing but respect for your skills. I hope we can see more art from you soon as I very much enjoy viewing them myself. Thank you for sharing this with us, jassy! ;)

No worries! Any advice is most welcome, as I’m always looking for ways I can improve  :^^spike anatomy has never been my strongest suit, so I’m improve on that. And lol, I wish I had a bunch saved somewhere, otherwise I wouldn’t have to go through the trouble of coming up with ideas for more   :PAli thank you so much Anagnos!

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Once again, nice job! I fear my comments are becoming repetitive but I second the others' surprise at the recent flow of your drawings. Of course, that's only a good thing especially with the current quality of your work. The expression expresses Crim's feelings very nicely and the drawing's overall look is quite well done. You could perhaps have made the hands look a bit more in line with the rest of his pose but that's a minor issue. Good work. :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Nice job showing off the expressiveness of your drawing. Crim stands triumphantly on top of, what appears to be a rock or hill formation. I do agree with OwlsCantRead that the setting needs to be defined more, but at least the background depicting a sunset or sunrise was well executed as always. It also complements the colors of Crim's body as well, which is another positive. The scratches and claw marks on his body, plus the expression on his face tells me that he's battle hardened, but yet at the same time also tired of fighting too. As for constructive criticism, I think that the sharp teeth should be drawn a bit more consistently, although its more of a minor complaint. Also, when I first saw this picture, the entire body itself was pretty offsetting for some reason, which made me had a different initial reaction from the first two drawings, which were immediately positive. I think its due to the fact that the issues I mentioned in the previous two are more blaring in this drawing. Furthermore, the arms do seem disproportionate to each other, something that also stuck out to me. Overall, this was another great piece of art from you jassy. Unfortunately, many of the same problems will be present in these drawings as these were already made beforehand. I hope to see great improvements in the drawings you will be working on now or in the future. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Well, unfortunately i broke my streak of one drawing per day  :OhYou  but on the bright side, I was able to spend more time looking back at my art and seeing what I needed to fix! Also work has kept me on my toes so  :PCera

Anyway, here’s Blue, Indigo’s big brother catching a meal for his little sis! He’s kind of an idiot but he tries his best so you gotta love him  :duckyhappy

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It is honestly very surprising to hear that you indeed do one drawing/day, and for that I simply can’t put it into words by how amazing that is. Albeit it must be difficult sometimes to keep track of everything in such a short-term timespan. Nevertheless, it’s quite remarkable to see someone so invested in drawing like you. The background is once again a very nice addition to creating the beautiful setting behind Blue that adds more emotion into the overall drawing and I’m also very happy to say that you’re getting better with drawing body parts so that they don’t stick out oddly. That’s the big improvement here and it is quite evident that you’ve been practicing lately. I’m certain when I say that most of the things I’ve expressed previously come out here as well, so I don’t have anything major to discuss this time. However, I do have one small critique about Blue’s left leg and toe. It looks a bit unusual to the eye and the toe seems out of place. But other than that, very decent job from you once more, jassy. I can’t express my enthusiasm too much when I say that I will certainly look forward to any new drawings you might have done, but judging by your determination to get at least a single picture ready in one day, I’m sure we’ll be seeing more from you soon enough.  :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really like the overall blue tone with the water, azure sky, and blue himself. The splashes give a sense of speed as he runs along the shallow water. Overall very nice.

But I'll confess: this was my first thought was when I saw this piece (new Pokemon game spoiler):
Spoiler: ShowHide

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks so much guys! Glad you all liked it  :DD

This latest piece is surprisingly not of one of my original characters *gasp*, but of two canon characters! Surprising, I know  :OhYou  this was actually a request for somebody, of Chomper and Littlefoot just being cute together. Hope you all like it!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I feel something warm inside...
Something like bright circle is in my soul...
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
If one drawing a day is something you would actually do jassy, and yet produce quality drawings like these, I really commend you for that.

I'll cut to the chase and leave a quicker review this time. Blue looks amazing, the background is great, and the pastel coloring of the grass really creates an effect that Blue is constantly moving, and not a static image. That is something I really liked. No criticism from me this time.

I also like the feeling that is invoked with the background for the second drawing, as it looks like a secluded location where a parent would nurture and keep their child safe. It makes you feel peaceful and caring on the inside. Chomper looks absolutely adorable cuddling with Littlefoot, who could only look at him with very motherly eyes. Great job once again. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh man I'm falling behind on my reviews haha.

These are all really great! I think one thing you could maybe do with the ones where they have something in their mouth is to have that object squished just a little so it looks like they're putting some pressure on it. It looks good though and I like the water splashes in the Blue one as well!

Nice to also seem some more canon characters drawn by you as well! It's a really nice drawing and I suppose I'm a little bias towards liking it since Littlefoot and Chomper are my favourite haha. I think Littlefoot's nose looks a little indented on the sides but other then that it looks great!  :)littlefoot

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Chomper and Littlefoot drawing is great!

Nothing much for me to say other than Littlefoot and Chomper are drawn in a very Bluth-like style reminiscent of the first film.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cute, Littlefoot and Chomper! :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, let’s start this off with discussing the choice of background this time around. The surrounding habitat is assuredly functional in this scenario, and doesn’t segregate the setting at all. And while it may be a bit blurry in appearance, that is not enough to inhibit the inclusive scenery for even a brief moment. I share others enthusiasm in regarding drawings not entirely made of original characters. It is a good transition to focus on canon characters every now and then. Albeit I like the overall quality of the picture, I still feel that Littlefoot’s snout looks a bit uncanny and his tail fractionally whimsical in appearance. Furthermore, I’d also add that while Chomper’s semblance is a tad out of shape, especially if you take a careful glance of his neck area and above that, it doesn't downgrade the definitive quality. Although I managed to find some quirks in the drawing, I still conclude that it was a successful piece in the end that worked effectively. Great job with this one, jassy and keep those top-notch drawings coming!

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
These are two very nice pictures indeed! Blue has a pretty funny expression and the colors, as always in your stuff, looks great. I'm also extremely happy to see you finally draw canon characters as well and the shot you chose is a rather sweet one. It has great amounts of emotion and you've executed it very satisfyingly. Especially the look on Chomper's face is a great one but even then, his head seems a bit too large. Likewise, Littlefoot's face looks weird somehow but other than that, good job! It'd be nice to see even more canon drawings from you. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
@jassy: Do you have any drawings of Blue, Indigo, and Misty all together? Also, is Misty the youngest of the three?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:17:20 PM by StardustSoldier »

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
These are two very nice pictures indeed! Blue has a pretty funny expression and the colors, as always in your stuff, looks great. I'm also extremely happy to see you finally draw canon characters as well and the shot you chose is a rather sweet one. It has great amounts of emotion and you've executed it very satisfyingly. Especially the look on Chomper's face is a great one but even then, his head seems a bit too large. Likewise, Littlefoot's face looks weird somehow but other than that, good job! It'd be nice to see even more canon drawings from you. :)

Thank you for your feedback as always Sovereign! I’m glad to hear that you still liked the picture despite the few mistakes  :smile

@jassy: Do you have any drawings of Blue, Indigo, and Misty all together? Also, is Misty the youngest of the three?

Unfortunately I do not at the moment, although I do have a picture of Blue and Indigo in the works   :Mo and Misty is a longneck so i’m not sure she’d spend much time around two biters but I’d say she’s roughly Indigo’s age, maybe a bit older!