The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fan-Based RP Poll

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
This time, I'm looking if anyone's interested in any of these ideas:

Resident Evil:  Atonement = Here, the story focuses on a group of rogue members of Umbrella Corporation setting out to prevent the destruction of humanity and cleanse out the corrupt bureaucrats that are trying to capitalize on the crisis.  We can discuss when and where the setting could take place.

Talespin = General world of Disney's Talespin, FC's & OC's.

The Rift = An adventure story featuring many characters from Don Bluth & Universal Studios films, thrust into a dimensional warp sparked by a "crack" in the sky.  Mostly FC's, but we can make OC's of a species called "Rift Fey" (backstory coming later).

Star Wars:  Fleet Wars = Set during the war between the Empire and the Rebel Alliance, BUT, focus will be set on the opposing fleets.  Besides some Force-users, our characters can be starship commanders & crew, and plenty of pilots.  We can decide if we can all choose one side or the other, or both.

G.I.Joe:  Wrath of the Scorpion = Similar style, but some changes.  G.I.Joe itself would be renamed United Nations Special Operations, to allow non-American heroes in the story.  Plus, a third rival faction will rise to destroy Cobra and conquer the world.  We can decide what series we can base it on.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Rift sounds quite interesting.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow.  8 votes and we're in a few ties!  If we get enough in each, we could start off more than one of these.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Talespin sounds interesting to me..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Since we got votes for all of them, I'll add more on each:

Resident Evil:  Atonement = As the course of the story will focus on an Umbrella Corp faction, your characters could be scientists, technicians, soldiers, and intelligence agents of the company, but you are not restricted to Umbrella Corp.  You can play other soldiers, civilians, and scientists for protagonists.  Just no S.T.A.R.S. or other Umbrella Corp (especially Albert Wesker, if using FC's) as allies.  The heroes pretty much established the whole of the company as enemies, and other Umbrella Corp factions would see you as defectors, traitors, and competition.

Talespin = No story to work on as of yet.  You can make not only characters, but also planes from the show and from real life in the 1940's (jets are limited).  One debate I'd mention would be the idea of humans in the story.  I brought this up that despite the fact that all the characters in the series were non-human, there were some indications of humans, such as wanted posters and fairy tales with humans in them.

The Rift = The story basically starts when the Northern Lights appear all over the world in different times, and then a dark red crack appears in the sky and emits a wave of energy over the regions.  When the heroes (& villains) come to, they find themselves in a cold dark mountainous wilderness almost like Balto's world outside Nome.  You can use characters from this list, and we can add more in discussions:

Balto
All Dogs Go to Heaven
Rock-a-Doodle
Thumbelina
We're Back
The Land Before Time
Banjo & Krazy Legs
The Secret of NIMH
Ferngully:  The Last Rainforest
An American Tail
Once Upon A Forest
The Pagemaster

For the OC Rift Fey, think of them as 4-winged Tinker Bell-like fairies.  They are most likely from within the "crack", and they cannot survive long outside their world.  However, they have special powers to hurt, heal, or help those around them, and to protect themselves.

Star Wars:  Fleet Wars = Nothing to add much other than profiles, which I can work on after we get enough votes to put this in a new thread.

G.I.Joe:  Wrath of the Scorpion = We can do FC's, depending what base we put this story on, from three main factions:  UNSO, Cobra (either Pharmaceuticals, Corps, or other), and Scorpion Clan.  Weapons and equipment we start out with will be modern and near-future technology.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Another question to ask around.  Is there anyone here that could not be on daily because of work/school/etc?  I don't want to push on too fast and leave anyone behind.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm on everyday pretty much
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I"m on everyday, though Thursdays and some Saturdays I have less time to post.  I can still post in the morning and evenings of those days.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'll wait until after the weekend before I go ahead and send some of these ideas into separate threads.  The ones where we don't have quite enough will be saved for later dates.