The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rainbowfaces RP “The Quest for Telling”

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm fine either way. So if you all think Guido can contribute, I don't mind taking everyone's favorite nervous glider.

Else if you guys think it would be too much, I couldn't help but notice that no one has taken Cera yet, and I'm okay with playing as the skeptic of the gang if I don't take Guido.

If it is alright with you and everyone else, I could also take up Cera if you wanted to handle Guido. Though if someone else wanted to play Cera I would not mind giving her up.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Looks like it's decided: if you guys are up for taking on another character, so am I! (After all, if I could choose an official eighth member for the LBT Gang, it would totally be Guido!) :DD @OwlsCantRead I look forward to seeing you playing him...who better for this job than our resident Guido himself? :lol I'll go ahead and add him to our character list. :)

Hmm...are we pretty much ready to get started on this RP? :wow

EDIT: Wait, I guess not yet...it needs a name. :p While I think about that, suggestions are welcome.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Same, When Guido was introduce, I thought he become the offical 6th member. X) Can't wait to see you RP as Guido Owls!

I feel ready!  :Mo Though I wouldn't mind discussing ideas as we continue on, like what challenges the gang will face as an example.

"It came from Beyond the Mysterious Beyond"? Maybe something that sounds like a movie subtitle "Over the stars"? XD I feel like I am bad at story names.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I guess it's unanimous? Okay then, I'll play Guido. I'll find some way for him to waddle his way into chaos. :sducky
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I guess it's unanimous? Okay then, I'll play Guido. I'll find some way for him to waddle his way into chaos. :sducky

Just have him come when a breeze blows him in the wrong direction. :lol
Same, When Guido was introduce, I thought he become the offical 6th member. X) Can't wait to see you RP as Guido Owls!

I feel ready!  :Mo Though I wouldn't mind discussing ideas as we continue on, like what challenges the gang will face as an example.

"It came from Beyond the Mysterious Beyond"? Maybe something that sounds like a movie subtitle "Over the stars"? XD I feel like I am bad at story names.

I like "It Came from Beyond the Mysterious Beyond," but it does seem like it is a little long. Maybe just "It came from Beyond?"
Go Chomper!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind Yep, of course we'll be keeping up this discussion as the RP unfolds. Don't want to be flying blind! :OhYou

I don't think "It Came from Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" is a bad name, either. :) (I personally didn't think that name was too long, but I guess the shorter version could also work.) Some of the names I thought of were "Discoveries Beyond Imagination," "Life as We Never Knew It," (referring to Al being a type of artifical life form that the Gang has never heard of, idk), and "Beyond the Known Universe."

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, after a few days with no further discussion, I'm gonna assume what we name this thing doesn't matter all that much to anyone. :p I'm just gonna go with Goldenwind's suggestion, "It Came From Beyond the Mysterious Beyond," unless anyone suddenly says otherwise.
Is it okay if I go ahead and kick this off? :)littlefoot Similar to the original RP, I was going to begin with Ruby telling a story about "Sky Beings"/Rainbow Faces.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Sure! I am up for that!  :Mo Maybe we can have Al getting ready to land meanwhile with him crashing once the gang is asleep?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sounds good to me! I can handle Cera's (dismissive) opinion of Ruby's story.  ;)Cera  As for Taunt, I will hold him in reserve until Al's arrival permits some comic relief.  :bestsharptooth

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Is it alright if I write the introduction post with Al traveling through space on something that looks like a shooting star from those who see it on earth? That is if everyone is ready.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@rhombus Hmm, somehow I missed that Cera wasn't claimed yet. In that case, thanks for taking her! ;)Cera

@Goldenwind That works for me! Your response was the one I was holding out on posting over, since I was wondering if you planned to start the story with Al. :p Go right ahead! :)

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege Thanks! :) Might have a cameo from Pterano later as I think he'll be one of the first to witness Al land (It is his month). That is if no one else wants to use him. XD

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Since we're underway, does anyone want to set up a order for posts? Or should whoever posts the first four becomes the order? XD

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am open to any suggestions on that question.  I was holding off on posting for Cera, as I think her skeptical comments would best be heard later on in Ruby's story.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I am fine with any order. :p

Since I also play Guido, it only makes sense to hold off as well until he can have a more organic introduction.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was holding off on posting for Cera, as I think her skeptical comments would best be heard later on in Ruby's story.

Since I also play Guido, it only makes sense to hold off as well until he can have a more organic introduction.

This is something I felt was sort of tricky about having an established posting order. It makes it difficult to have a character speak up (or not) at the best moments. Personally, I think the only reason we would need to establish a specific posting order would be if the activity in this RP picked up a lot more and we needed to prevent anyone from falling too far behind.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I understand.  :)petrie I think it's a good idea that we hold it off for now. Though is it alright if I make a quick post with Chomper reacting to Ruby's story introduction?  :chompysmile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I understand.  :)petrie I think it's a good idea that we hold it off for now. Though is it alright if I make a quick post with Chomper reacting to Ruby's story introduction?  :chompysmile

Of course, thanks for posting! I was kind of wondering if this RP was dead for a while there...I guess I paused Ruby's story too soon. I felt like I should stop to give other characters time to interject, but it was probably kind of early for that, whoops. I'll keep going now.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind Just wondering, do you have anything in mind for when/how Al will make his appearance? I thought it might help the rest of us lead up to that point. :rhett_smile

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind Just wondering, do you have anything in mind for when/how Al will make his appearance? I thought it might help the rest of us lead up to that point. :rhett_smile

I plan for him to appear when the gang are asleep. He would crash just outside the valley... And probably meet Taunt there.  :bestsharptooth It would be oddly quiet due to the way his space craft was designed. We can have the entire gang get a glimpse of it if you all wish.  :ChomperPOG