The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What I thought was scary as a kid!

Guest · 53 · 5582

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Only, ten minutes longer. I found that through a link on wikipedia, it said that ten minutes of scenes were cut from the film. But they were FAR to violent for kids under 13. It was supposed to be PG-13 for Violence with a brief scene of gore.

If you're curious.  The original scene did have that in (I'll have to refer back to the screen shots).  This is probably why they scrapped the cuts because of this unneccesity violence in the movie.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well, we've really strayed off topic. So, what do you think of the scene I mentioned? Did I sum it up well?

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I completely forgot about that...

Oh yeah, yes you did it very nicely.  I agree how those scenes could generate fear inside someone. (well kind of) (they didn't strike me as odd, but it's different for everybody.)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Anyways, figure I shouldn't push this topic off too far.

What does anyone else think? I mean, remember that weird al CD that had a hidden track of him screaming at the top of his lungs like, 15 minutes after the last track ended? This is sort of like that!!

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Spy Hard? (Ohhh, it was actually pretty funny in the movie "Spy Hard" with Leslie Neilson :lol )

Bruton the Iguanodon

Bruton the Iguanodon

Anyways back on topic, it was a really sudden break from how tranquil and sad it had been---sort of like being pushed under a freezing cold waterfall first thing you wake up!!

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Can't really remember too many scary moments from the LBT time when I was a kid, but I do know that Ozzy threatening Littlefoot and the others frightened my little cousin.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm... well just the music in itself throughout the movies amplified some of the 'scary ' scenes making them even more emotional and empowering.

But anyway, on Land Before Time II, I was scared and anticipating when I saw them jump across the ledges to get away, and then when the gang landed in the mysterious beyond, that was utter creepy (well I was 5 xD).

Hmm... moving on, the first time I saw the velociraptors on LBT III (or utah raptors?) was a little 'creepy' them trying to all escape in the bone infested land, but not too much.

I do agree, the song on the fourth one was a little scary at first (mostly because of all the words). The mists were a little frightening when I first heard of them from that old longneck and then thinking about the music that plays in the mysterious beyond.

The fifth movie had the running scene-- that was a really strong image the way the colors changed and all. I wouldn't say I was more as scared than hoping they escape and live (even though they would but still!). You could also say the desolation of the desert (never before seen in LBT series besides the first), the mysterious missing carnivore's footprint, and the locusts.

Nothing on the sixth one scared me, though yeah the bee stings were abnormal.

The seventh one had THE MOST SCARY SCENE of all the Land Before Time movies! Seriously! Remember when they were describing what pterano had did? I was so scared man. First the dinosaurs already go into a somewhat creepy place that seems like paradise, but then it escalades into the most gruesome and horrifying things you'll ever see with dinosaurs. They have nowhere to go, and all die, including one SCRAPING HER CLAWS on the rock to not fall and then falling down a huge hole (with of course waterfalls to make it even more creepy because it's so deep). Yeah... :unsure:

Starting from the eighth one, I was not only older, but they were a little more lighthearted :). Maybe when Ducky was first going into the cold beyond, it gave you creepy thoughts, but from then on, the rest of the movies (and the eighth) were not  scary and creepy as the the first ones :) (I was also older. I watched the 10th one when I was 12! [i'm 17 now])

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
When i saw the first film,what scared me was those psycho domeheads,and that black monster which was only Littlefoot,Spike,Petrie,and Ducky.

In the second,the misteryous beyond was scarry.A LOT of big bones,that creepy long snakelike creature swiming in that tarpool,the barren sight,and everything was dark becose of the night.Seriously everything there just makes you want to go away as fast as possible.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Blais_13,Aug 9 2012 on  06:33 AM
When i saw the first film,what scared me was those psycho domeheads,and that black monster which was only Littlefoot,Spike,Petrie,and Ducky.

In the second,the misteryous beyond was scarry.A LOT of big bones,that creepy long snakelike creature swiming in that tarpool,the barren sight,and everything was dark becose of the night.Seriously everything there just makes you want to go away as fast as possible.
I totally agree with this ^0^