The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why does Grandma cry but never Grandpa?

Guest · 46 · 5742

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There needn't be tear-shedding for a character to show strong emotion. A look at the LBT 6 scene in which Littlefoot (standing up against Cera's father) calls Doc something along the lines of best longneck ever Littlefoot's grandpa looks rather affected.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I don't think Littlefoot intentionally meant to offend his Grandpa. He was just defending Doc, and I think it's nice that he admires Doc. Given Doc's mysteriousness and awesomeness, it's only natural that he would think of Doc as "the best longneck there ever was". What really pisses me off is that he says Doc is the only hero he ever met---huh? Has he completely forgotten about his mom? Oh, and Grandpa did save him from the quicksand in 2.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I never meant to suggest that he was out to offend his grandparents (and certainly his statement in the heat of the moment was not made after careful consideration of his mother's fight with the sharptooth). I only brought it up as an example of a scene where grandpa, without sheeding tears, shows sadness.

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Quote from: RainbowGirl 39,Dec 22 2012 on  04:25 PM
it would be kinda weird if grandpa cried
Agreed, considering this topic is quite pointless, as with his MANY other topics that he's posted.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTLover1,Jan 12 2012 on  12:24 AM

As for Bron, I don't think his heart is made out of stone.  He just isn't as emotional.  Besides, he only showed up twice in the LBT world.
But that's finally, at long last, about to change! :smile

I'm sorry, I just had to comment on that old reply in anticipation of JOTB!! :smile