The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Use of blood in the sequels

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well...LBT is a kid's show/movies made in the U.S.A., so the producers are going to be more restrictive in terms of content

That's why I stick to US entertainment. :lol:

I can't stand sick stuff.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I do like watching american cartoons, but sometimes I think it's, at times, too strict (one such time is when, in one cartoon series of the TMNT, Mikey was given a rope instead of nunchunks because people complained the nunchunks were 'too violent'). So sometimes I prefer japanese anime over american cartoons for this reason.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
In the 1990s Spider-Man cartoons, Spidey never punched anybody.  He only webbed people up.  They never used words relating to death and they never used realistic guns either.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
From what I heard (somewhere <_< ) The fight scene between Sharptooth and Littlefoot's mother actually had quite a bit amount of blood in it. But as we all know, it was cut out because Speilberg and Lucas thought it would be too scary for kids. Aww. Come on! We can take a bit of blood here and there from LBT. It happened in 6 and 5 so why not in the first movie? You have a character DIE for cryin' out loud and in my opinion that's much scarier than a bit of blood.

Bruton the Iguanodon

why do they use blood in the sequels (5 & 6),

They don't in 6

The small injuries shown in movies five and six are nothing compared to the lethal wound that littlefoot's mother took in the first movie. There would be a LOT of blood if that were shown.

Which apparently certain eyes saw since early VHS copies show her back being torn open

Does anyone here own it and if so can they uploasd a screenshot?

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Yeah, I noticed that, too! :blink:

I really don't know what Universal was thinking when they animated that...

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I personally think a little blood is okay, especially if its where realisticly, blood would occur, like when the sharptooth in 10 bit Bron's leg, and you didn't see a drop, where in real life, his leg would probably be broken, T-rex's had the most powerful bite of any animal we know of, or atleast I know of. And when Chomper bit that Giganotosaurus/ Acrocanthosaurus/ Carnotaurus, whatever you want to call it, shouldn't their have been a little? This is just my opinion, and I respect yours, so respect mine.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
For one,Predator x had much bigger bite force than a T-rex,like four times bigger I think.As for the bite we can just guess at it.Chomper is a t-rex,yeah,but he is very young and the giganotosaurus was full grown with thick scales and stuff.Whas he able to bit through that?Dunno maybe,I doubt but still possible.But if they put blood there,they should  put blood where Chomper bites Cera,and spilling a main characters blood is not LBTs thing.

(By the way Chomper seems to have a thing for biting tails  :DD )