The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

is the land before time babyish

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
my sister Kara who is 10 and my cousin Annie who is 10 say its babyish is it?and I'm embarased because I like it

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Children of their age (10 to 13) think everything that they watched in their childhood is automatically 'babyish'. As soon as they pass the age of 15, they start getting nostalgic and see the value in LBT.

Don't worry, many people on here are over 20 years of age and regard The Land Before Time as one of the best movies ever made. Don't be embarrassed, show them the movie in a couple of years and try to get a better reaction out of them ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mine opinion,too,Iris ;)
I had this phase,too, but I never called LBT "babyish" I just didn't watch LBT a few years^^
Children can learn a lot from LBT, btw ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
My mom and dad say it's for babies. But not me. ;) I have really taken in the nostalgia of LBT.  I am a 23 year old man, but I love Petrie as much as I did when I was a 5 year old kid when I saw the original "Land Before Time" for the first time. I learned to love the early sequels, too throughout 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade. I loved "Great Giving", "Mists" and "Mysterious Island" I remember renting them as brand new movies from the video rental store for a Friday night movie. ;)

Since re-visiting lbt, i've bought movies 1-3 and 6-8 on dvd, and am very happy to own them. The original and movies 2-7 are closest to me. Especially 2-5, I hold those 4 sequels closest to my childhood memories.  Movie 7- "Cold Fire" came out in my first year of middle school (6th grade), and learning about Petrie's uncle Pterano was great.   But then LBT started "fading out" for me when Movie 8-"Big Freeze" was out. <_<  It didn't have that "spark" that the earlier sequels carried.  I personally don't like anything after "The Stone Of Cold Fire"  <_<  (Personally, I haven't seen movies 9 through 13.. but from the parts that I have seen of those movies... they really don't carry that "magic spark" that moves 1 through 5 have. And Movie 13 "The Wisdom of Friends"... Is pure disaster and should never have been made in the first place!  <_<

Don't let others push you around and say "that's for sissy little babies and very immature"  When you re-visit LBT and take in all of the nostalgia, you really learn to love it and won't want to entirely move away from it/erase it out of your mind.

Lbt isn't a little baby movie. ;)  It's absolutely ok to love "the land before time" in your 20's. You'll never get "too old" for it or outgrow it. :)

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Technically, the target age of Land Before Time is kids, not babies. There is a difference. Programs for babies are much more simplified than LBT is. However, just because the target age is kids doesn't mean older folk can enjoy it. Nothing to be ashamed of. I'm an adult and I don't feel bad about watching cartoons still.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Yes.  The Land Before Time is for children.  And not just children but young children (7 and younger).  But that doesn't mean that people that don't fall within the "target audience" can't enjoy it too.  I personally love LBT and don't let what anyone else says about it bother me.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And it makes a difference if you grew up with the movies. They can never be known as babyish if you've known them so long, they are like old friends :)
seriously, I'm in my twenties, and I'll still dust off the old VCRS, and pop em in and kick back and sing along and enjoy the movies I grew up with^^
don't let them discourage you. 10's and teens are not experts in what is or is not babyish
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You should not care what others say about a show, just enjoy what you enjoy.  Part of it is in the us, and maybe some other western countries, there is a belief among many folks that anything that is animated is for kids and that it's not as good as live action stuff, instead of being able to see it as a medium of story telling.  Also the target age, which is kids, some may assume it's for babies or is very childish if they've not seen it or have not seen it in decades since they were kids and don't remember it very well.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, um. I bought a 27x40 LBT poster less than a week ago :lol...
and, er, a Burger King 1994 Littlefoot figurine...

But in all honesty, you're never too old! :)

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
when the preview came on for the ninth one they were singing imaginary friends and Kara said these get more babies and one time on the preview they said for children of all ages and she said there like for babies and my sisters Kara and Tarah 12 are obsessed with Annie and believe everything she says

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
"For all ages" means that anyone can watch them. It doesn't mean it's strictly "for babies".

If I were you, I'd tell her that you don't care what she thinks because it's none of her business what she likes. If she can't handle you liking LBT, that is her problem, not yours. Just don't pay attention to what she says about LBT. If you like it, that's fine.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Life's easier when you don't care what others think about something as simple as your likes and dislikes.  I think it's actually time society grew up and starting liking things like LBT that actually teach morals and values.  This crap our society does of things like idolizing Kim Kartrashian or thinking kids need cell phones needs to come to an end, not us being young at heart.  You may age physically, but being a kid at heart keeps you in great health much longer than your peers, and you age slower ;).  Like others have said, it's none of their business and if they don't like it, you don't have to like their views of you and that's the way it is.

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
my sister Tarah 2 yrs ago asked Annie if she still like the land before time she said not really she said that Cera was kinda mean,Petrie was kinda funny and Ducky was annoying everyone I know says Ducky annoying and said it was a baby show she likes things like scooby doo

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Anybody that I know of who has ever said Ducky is annoying has no sense of humor and bullies others.  Like I look to them as real experts on who is annoying and who is not :rolleyes.  I admit I get ticked about that because I'm a cross between Ducky and Cera in personality.  It's no wonder I'm drawn to those two more than any other LBT characters :smile.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Although it is aimed at a younger audience, anybody can like what they want. It doesn't mean they're babyish, after all, everyone likes different things at the end of the day. I guess I'm pretty lucky because most of the people I know accept my liking for LBT, heck, my mum even took me to get my LBT DVDs I gave to my younger cousins, but I know what it's like to have it being called babyish. You shouldn't take much notice of them, they're them and you're you, and if you like LBT, then then it's not their business. There's no need to be embarrassed about it if it's what you like. :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't understand people who hate Ducky!
She's so cute and Cera...yes,she IS mean, but that's no reason for hating her! LBT needs a character like Cera imo ;)
@Cancerian Tiger You're right! Only people with no humor and/or no tolerance and respect can't like LBT and its characters. There will be people who don't like LBT but respect others(like us :p),too :)
@somerandomfangirl I fully agree with you! People who call LBT-lovers like us babyish should better work on their own mistake instead of bullying people who like LBT at the age of 13 and older!

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Like I said before, Cera and her dad, Mr. Threehorn, are more of those "Characters I love to hate".  You just need characters like those in stories sometimes, they add a lot to a story, and they usually cause a lot of interesting conflicts and stuff. I mean, I kinda hate them because they're mean, but I love that they are there.

Does that make any sense?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
yes. I dont' think Ducky annoying at all my older sister Maria says shes annoying too
she said Petrie has horrible grammar which is true I still LOVE LAND BEFORE TIME!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@vonboy Yes, it makes sence :) I sometimes hate characters like Strut and Ozzy, the flyer trio, Hyp and his friends and the sharpteeth(especially the original one who killed Littlefoots mother,very sad, but it's one of the scene's we don't want to see because it's sad, unfair ...
but this scene's make the movie as good as it is ;) )
@RainbowGirl 39 I think Petrie's bad grammar is one of the reasons why we like him and not the reason why we hate him :yes
But haters gonna hate, we don't care :p We just ignore them and watch LBT or visit the GOF :DD
I love LBT,too and I'm proud of it,really ;)