The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

is the land before time babyish

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Kara said Littlefoot thinks hes so cute and his grandma and grandpa are old and ugly and have wrinkles

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: RainbowGirl 39,Jan 19 2013 on  05:53 PM
Kara said Littlefoot thinks hes so cute and his grandma and grandpa are old and ugly and have wrinkles
... *Facepalms*:bang
I think these people are just trying to downright insult the franchise now...

Considering this is Littlefoot's grandparents we're talking about, it's quite obvious that the animators are going to give them wrinkles to show that yes, they are getting on a bit. I also quite like how in the sequels (well, up to 6 anyway), their colours seemed to have dulled with age, but I think these two are actually pretty cute, especially when they're together.:DD So, old and wrinkled? Yes. Ugly? Nah.

If I'm honest with you, I usually don't express what I like that much in front of people I know will probably make fun of me. I honestly wouldn't pay any attention to them if I were you, and as I said before, you're you. Everyone thinks differently, some people think LBT is babyish while others think it's great. People should just stick to their thing rather than bullying others about it and making them feel embarrassed. :)

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: RainbowGirl 39,Jan 19 2013 on  05:53 PM
What gets me about young people who make fun of old folks is that, like it or not, we all age :p.  I'd tell her "Newsflash: You're gonna be old and wrinkly yourself someday."

Oh, and ugliness comes from personality, not appearances.  An ugly personality is much more, well, ugly than a physical appearance.  If she and these others you mention had the wisdom to recognize this, maybe they wouldn't be so quick to judge others for their differences, yourself included ;).

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
don t' worry my sister Kara says everybodys ugly she makes me do stuff for her so she can tell me stuff about LBT she gave me this note that said Littlefoot only says I want to grow up  so his grandma and grandpa will think what an angel hes so innocent
she said that Littlefoot was ugly and all his friends and said Petrie and Ducky are braggers because they say I'm a flyer and I'm a swimmer  she can be mean I will ignore what she says and want do stuff for her I dont' want to listen to what she says

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
To give my own two cents on the subject; I do think that the franchise got rather "babyish" as it went along, because Universal retooled it to fit within the preschool demographic. Compare and contrast the original movie with the TV series and the later sequels.
That does not mean that you can't still enjoy it though. You can watch whatever you want to without having to pay attention to your sisters' or anyone else's criticism (including mine  :p ) and like it's been said elsewhere on the forums, there are much worse things someone could be interested in than TLBT.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Is the original Land Before Time movie babyish? No. Are some of the sequels? Yes.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I dont like the oringinal land before time movie for some reason I've tried to make myself like it I kinda like it I'14 will be 15 in March I'm not as embarassed anymore

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jan 25 2013 on  08:43 PM
Is the original Land Before Time movie babyish? No. Are some of the sequels? Yes.
all the land before times are the same to me

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
No they're not to babyish I mean some of the sequels are. The words they use to describe things are tho. But I still watch them since they're a childhood memory that was good and bad.

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
my mom said that there was nothing to be embarassed about it was just a show and said "at least it nothing dirty" and its not  :D

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I have to say I hate the TV series the movies were better than the TV series :rolleyes

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't think it's babyish at all. I do agree that some of the sequels were, but they were just a little babyish. That shouldn't even matter anyway, especially since age is completely irrelevant when it comes to stuff like this.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I think the TV series is sometimes given harsher criticism and less credit than it deserves. With all justified criticism I think that there were a number of good plot ideas with some of them being used for good reason in a TV episode since they, interesting as they were, would not have provided sufficient material for a sequel.

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
my other sister Tarah likes to tease people shes always teasing me by singing songs from LBT to pester me are repeating things from it like she repeats "its a good thing sharpteeth aren t' very smart." and "yep yep yep he can talk when he wants too".
it makes me mad  :bang what am I suppose to do when she teases me just asking

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ You can give it right back to her :) turn it into a joke, that's what I do with my siblings. The most they'll do is roll their eyes, but they always stop right away.
Give 'em some Petrie or start singing one of the songs. It's a repellent, I'm telling you^^
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Goodness, what an ugly personality she sounds like she has, making fun of everyone else.  I pity she can't see how her behavior is hurtful to others.  If she thinks it will never catch up to her, it will.  Karma can be a real you-know-what.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Or just can just ignore her comments. Since she sounds like a bully. And to win against a bully is to ignore them and just enjoy what you like. That is what I do. I don't care if people judge me or make fun of me for being a fan of The Land Before Time or being a brony. Or the fact that I buy Pony items once in a while. So ignore them and just enjoy the franchise.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Children of their age (10 to 13) think everything that they watched in their childhood is automatically 'babyish'. As soon as they pass the age of 15, they start getting nostalgic and see the value in LBT.

Exactly.  ;)

Two and a half years ago, I was in a really depressed point in my life, but LBT gave me a little slice of pure nostalgia heaven that I feel really helped me.

Well, I've since fallen back into my depression, and am now seeing the LBT sequels for their babyish qualities. It's not that they're bad, but yes, they are meant for little kids. If I hadn't grown up with them, I might not even think twice about them.

I also have a thing for nitpicking and overwatching, to the point where gotten to over-analyzing the original movie and know it nearly by heart, so it's rather unfun to watch.

So I'm going to take an extended break from LBT, I'm not sure how long. I think I need to grow up a little mentally before I can even consider watching anything LBT. But when I do end up watching it again, it will be really worth it.  ;)

Still, thanks to rediscovering the movies, I found you guys.  :D

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Oh, there you are, Bruton! I guess a break is good enough. You were fun to be aroun :D i missed you D;

BUT DON"T FORGET

November 18th, guys, is Land Before Time 1's TWENTY-FIFTH ANNIVERSARY :OOOOOOO!!

ahem :3