The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Murder in LBT

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, we've seen Ozzy and Strut attempt to murder the kids a few times, we've seen Sierra try and whack Ducky a few times, and both Rinkus and Sierra plotting to murder Pterano, but none of them actually pulled it off.  

Sharptooth tried to take Petrie with him (that wasn't predation, that was just plain spite!) and Plated Sharptooth attempts to take Chomper with him (again, plain spite).

What they might have done to the Tinysaurues in film XI might also count as attempted murder.  (Seriously guys, especially you Topps, shame on you for getting so out of hand over a bunch of Tree Sweets!!!!)  

However, all of these attempts fail.

Should we ever have it where someone actually pulls off a successful murder (no, not of the Gang of Seven of course!!!)?  

I know it's never happened in LBT but in other programs that are kid related, namely Lion King, it has happened!  I think murder also happened in the Princess and the Frog (that one was G rated too.  Lion King mighta been too.)  

Also, I think the saber-toothed tigers in the first Ice Age might have killed that woman, more or less.  (That was rated G too.)  

Also, Frollo killed Quasimodo's mother in Hunchback of Notre Dame (no, not murder directly, but he sure didn't care about it and he actually did try to kill baby Quasi.).  That too was rated G.  

Mother Gothel and Gaston actually do kill someone, though their victims come back to life.  

The only murder that took place in LBT was Ducky's actress.  (And that wasn't part of the script either!   :blink:   )

Radigan in Great Mouse Detective has one of his own minions fed to his pet cat (and it appears eaten alive too!   :wow  )

We can agree, murder has happened in other G rated movies.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
As long as it isn't too graphic (as I have already voted on the poll up there), I don't see why not. A little act of nature can actually be helpful , but it has to be an isolated act, nothing too common, nor it shouldn't happen to anyone "important".

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
An act of murder not based on the need to eat would need a plausible motive however. Among the leafeaters the number of motives is limited. Murder in a fit of rage (possibly without an actual intention) could be a thing. If food did run out and it was a case of eat or die I could imagine a fight to the death to be not beyond some Great Valley inhabitants, while I would it put beyond those wo know (even Topsy) to commit murder out greet (I still wonder what exactly he really would have done had he caught the Tinysaurs. It might have become a rather awkward moment, but I do not see him as murdering anyone one cold blood).
Perhaps the most likely motive would be if somebody sees someone else as an actual threat for the own life. This was the basis for what I consider the most brutal act in any LBT movie, namely the execution by lifeburial of the two unconscious and therefore defenseless sharpteeth in LBT 6. Only the prospect of them (by law of nature) killing other dinosaurs if left alive could sort of justify that one, but after the experience with Chomper it did leave a bitter taste to me to hear the kids cheering to this life burial.
In any case if another leafeater was blamed or suspected of being responsible for the death of others it might be a possibility (I got one story which (in a flashback) includes something like a lynchmob because a dinosaur is suspected of killing others while in fact a poisonous plant growing only in a part of the valley where he lives was responsible for the death of some who were unaware of it being poisonous).
Finally there is the matter of racism. This however is something I don't consider plausible for any resident of the Great Valley who has been around for a while, while for somebody from outside it might work out as a motive under certain conditions.
In any case it will be as tricky as it is crucial to make a case of murder plausible in an LBT story to avoid it comming across as "I just wanted for some blood to be spilled to kill the time."

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually had murder happen in my fanfics XIV, XV, and definitely in XVII.

In XIV, it was carnivorous, but of a far more sinister nature.  Basically, a Pteranodon marries a Sharp Beak and things go great for a good while, but, when they have a kid, Sharptooht mom, who gradually grows or is exposed to be, more narcissistic, is envious that her son spends more time with her mate than her.  Also, she perhaps wants to make him a Sharptooth whereas her mate had the position to let the boy (Ptero) would choose on his own and that they weren't to influence him unduly any way and he'd choose when he's older.

Eventually, her mate gets tired of her self-centeredness and decides that he's going to take the boy and leave as soon as the boy learns to fly (which is really soon).

His mate lures him to a location and asks him what he's gonna do, which, I guess, is where he reveals his plans.  She says that he will indeed be going away for good but that the boy is hers.  She then murders and eats him.

However, her mate yelled out to her son before he died.  The boy came, though the body was gone.  She says that Leaf Eaters killed her mate and stole the body.  (The boy wasn't quite aware that his father was a leaf eater and assumed he was a Sharp Beak too).  Ptero, her son, believes the lie.

Later, Ptero, now raised to be a hunter, actually would hunt on screen (though the death blow once he caught his mammal prey wouldn't be shown) and later Ptero, hating Leaf Eaters, would encounter Ducky and calously decided he's going to kill and eat her (he hates it when Sharpteeth kill hatchlings but, owing to what he believes happened to his father, believes Leaf Eaters to be very wicked creatures and hence not deserving of any pity).  Luckily he fails.

However, Ptero eventually goes good and his mother comes, and, as the boy finds out the truth, threatens to eat the Gang of Five, now his friends, unless he comes along.

Later, she later almost eats Pterano and Mama Flyer out of spite.  And, when her boy gets in  the way, says she should have known that he'd be like his father and was gonna murder her own son, but was knocked out by Petrie and Mama Flyer and fell to her death in a tar pit.

In XV, some threehorns had killed Topps wife and kids (minus Cera and an older daughter) in a food dispute (this was a flashback).  

In XVII: Gallim is a sort of serial killer, both murdering through others, both for food and power.  He even gets Chomper to, unwillingly, kill someone, then uses Chomper's killing of the Old One to frame Chomper for all of his crimes.

When he is finally exposed, he kills loads of creatures in the Great Valley before finally being killed by Littlefoot himself.

Gallim's direct and indirect victims would include:

Littlefoot's mother (indirect, though he tried to do it directly)
Littlefoot (always fails)
The Leader of Tippy's herd (directly, for the most part, though a Fast Biter helped)
The Old One (through a very unwilling Chomper, who was forced to do it as Gallim had gotten the Old One to fight Chomper's girlfriend and his girlfriend was about to be killed)
The whole Gang of Seven plus their dates (failed)
Ruby (attempted murder that luckily failed as she was saved by Pterano and Ichy)
The whole Gang of Six plus their dates (failed, and he was ordering the grownups to execute them for treason, i..e friendship with "evil Chomper" too!)
Loads of Swimmers, an Igunadon, two Fast Biters, an Egg Stealer, and a Fast Runner.  
Ali (almost worked, but Littlefoot came to her rescue)
Littlefoot (might have worked, but Littlefoot's mother's spirit tells Littlefoot to use the Longneck tail whip, and he does and Gallim loses his own life when Litltefoot tail whips him into lava)

Also, in LBT XVII, it appears that Red Claw murders Chomper's girlfriends parents over power but luckily, it is revealed that they survived in the part 2.

(Note, film XVII is a LBT finale two parter so I can get away with more I think there)

Those would be how far I'd take it.  

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I'm not against death; as it is a natural part of life. I would like it if it wasn't too graphic. But, unnecessary deaths is something I'm against. (i.e. a main character dies for no reason, character being killed off because a certain  author doesn't like him/or her). If the storyline calls for character death; (i.e. old age, illness) then, I'm okay with it.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What about evil?  I know that's unnatural, but, even now, there is a lot of it.  (Particularly in the Beltway.)

Could a villain kill loads at once like Sidious did in his office when the Jedi came to arrest him.  (Note, we can assume that said incident would be a onetime thing in LBT.)

Also, is a character actually murdering their own mate a little dark for LBT or could that actually work?  

Cannon characters that seem that they could or might someday be capable of murder:
  • Ozzy   (Wanted to give the kids lava baths and also agreed to Strut's idea to throw Littlefoot off the Great Wall and actually was the one that was about to axe Littlefoot.  Also, he's a creep too owing to how he treats Strutt.  He's not a nice guy.)  
  • Strut (Suggested throwing Littlefoot off the Great Wall and looked like he was gonna strangle Chomper)
  • Sierra  (He wants to kill Pterano, seems to show no remorse over possible deaths, tried to kill Ducky many times, and expressed a desire to feed the Gang of Five to Sharpteeth.  This guy is nuts.)
  • Rinkus  (He wanted to kill Pterano and wanted to leave Ducky on Threehorn Peak)
  • Topps  (His behavior at that guy drinking out of turn is alarming as is his behavior in film XI.  He might kill, if only out of blind rage.)
  • Hyp  (Wanted to harm kids in film 3, is a bully, and wanted to smash Fast Biter eggs)
  • Nodd  (Wanted to harm kids in film 3 and also is a bully.)
  • Mut (Wanted to harm kids in Film 3 and also is a bully)
  • Chomper (Well, maybe, if he goes bad and wants to axe the Gang of Five)
  • Ruby  (She does eat meat, ya never know)
  • The Old One  (She tried to trample Chomper)
  • Grandpa Longneck  (buried Sharptooth alive in film VI)
  • Doc  (buried Sharptooth alive in film VI)
  • Red Claw  (Wants to kill a fellow T-Rex for some reason other than food.)
  • Screech  (Wants to kill Chomper)
  • Thud  (Wants to kill Chomper)
  • Dil   (Seems that she might wanna kill Ichy at least)
  • Domeheads  (Why the heck did they attack Cera???)
  • Many in the Great Valley (see film XI)
  • Guido (probably not a danger, but, he eats bugs.  What else could he be eating in secret?  Maybe he's actually a Sharptooth flyer and hasn't told anyone and his whole forgetfulness thing is a ruse.  (That would be a nice storyline.  :lol   )   )

Also, Sharptooth in the first film and the plated guy in film V also seem to have more motives than just hunger.  Their behavior doesn't fit just hunger alone.  They both, for one thing, seem to try hard, when defeated, to make sure they don't go down alone (which seems odd for any other Sharpteeth we've encountered).  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cera might be capable of killing too (when she gets older and develops her other two horns). Remember how she trampled on Ducky in LBT 12, the numerous fights with Littlefoot (most notably the very vicious fight in LBT 1 that, without any doubt, must have resulted in some bruises on both sides), her rushing at Ducky in LBT 11 for calling her dad Topsy... She has the potential to kill one day but then again she also has a big heart (as much as she tries to hide it  :smile ) so... it's unlikely but a possibility after all :yes

What about Chomper's parents? Sure, they kill for a living but they could be capable of murdering other dinosaurs for reasons beyond feeding themselves...
Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I was also going to say, while my OC actually had his father murdered by his mother, supposedly for the father being a Sharptooth and Leaf Eaters just killing him for that, but, as we know, from my story, that the father is actually Leaf Eater.

However, in LBT universe, is it possible that a friendly Sharptooth who didn't have Leaf Eater friends who could put in a good word for him (like Chomper had) WOULD be executed just for what he was and wouldn't even be given a chance to shown that he was nice?

I keep thinking of the poor Sharpteeth in film VI.  (It almost seems like murder what Grandpa Longneck and Doc did as they could have just left as the Sharpteeth were knocked out anyway.  At least kill them when they are awake.  Goodness, and just to get some teeth to.  Ug, that's awful!)

Anyway, if a my OC Ptero were to tell the Gang of Five that he was, as he believed, a full Sharptooth, and we can assume that he met with them for a while before confessing, do you think they'd consider killing him (especially if he had said that, before getting to know them, he had tried to kill Ducky) or if they'd have mercy on him.

I'm seriously wondering if his mother's story (though a lie), might be true in that it COULD happen.  (i.e. some Sharptooth kid loses his dad because Leaf Eaters killed his non-hunting at the moment father just because the dad was a Sharptooth.)