The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most sad moment in a sequel?

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What, in your opinion, is one of the saddest moments in any of the LBT sequels?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm thinking some of the stuff that transpired near the end of LBT 10 was pretty sad.

And if anyone complains that that isn't really sad per standards, then do realize that nothing compares to what happened in the original film, and probably, nothing else ever will.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, lemme think...

Oh yeah! When Littlefoot decides if to stay with his dad or to return to the Great Valley. I really thought he'd leave the gang and his grandparents. Just like when Spike leaves the Great Valley in LBT VIII. These were the saddest moments in a sequel for me.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With me having been so spoiled on certian things, #8's sad moment and #10's sad moment, just didn't seem all that sad when I watched them.  I guess that's what I get for getting off the franchise for several sequals. :(

The one that was sad to me though, was #9.  Mo was one of the few guest charcters that touched me in a unique way, and when he sacrificed himself to save the gang, it really hurt the first time I saw it.  I'll tell you now that my reaction was just like Littlefoot's at that moment. :o

Of course, I was just as rejoiced when he was found alive.  Of course, it was sad seeing such a good guest charcter go.  You have NO idea how much I miss seeing him in LBT.  He's my #1 guest charcter. :^.^:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The who situation with Littlefoot's grandpa in #4, without a doubt. Poor kid came pretty close to losing another parent figure. This time it was the only father figure he'd ever known.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll agree with LBT 4. Poor Littlefoot. :(

And I definately agree with LBT 10. Bestest Friends still makes me well up. Reminds me of some friends of my own. :cry2

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I think, talking the sequals and not the original of course, that Littlefoot and Chomper parting ways in LBT 2 was pretty sad.  Nothing makes me cry in LBT though except for Littlefoot's mother.  That is the ultimate right there.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Very often the goodbye scenes get to me. Though not as dramatical as scenes such as the one in which Littlefoot's grandma prepares him for his grandpa's likely death they often are very sad. The two goodbyes from Chomper, the one from Ali, and the goodbye from Mo (and Littlefoot's glimpse at the wonders of the sea and their return to the Great Valley) are very well done. So was the final scene of LBT 10 of course, but I would have enjoyed that one better if the rest of the movie had been more fitting as well.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
LBT 10 when they sung "Bestest Friends".
I was almost crying.  :cry2

And LBT 9 when Mo left the gang.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
My sadest moments are: When littlefoot sings when you¥re on your own in LBT VI and begin to sing: when you¥re on your own, you have to be the grown up.

When Mo leave the kids, When littlefoots mother died, when spike leave with his group, when littlefoot has to decide, if he go with his grandparents or his father, when littlefoot liyng alone in the feetstep of the sharpteeth and his friends are with Cera, when they sing always there.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1.When Spike goes with the other Spike Tail's and Ducky sings "Family"

2. When Mo leaves the Gang in LBT 9 only to come back

3. Little foot's grand father almost dieing in  LBT 4.

4. "If only" In LBT 11.

5. LBT 10 when Littlefoot has to decide whether to stay with his friends and grandparents or live with his father and his herd. And "Bestest friends"

I always tear up at any of those.

Tikaani Strike

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Now, i've only seen up unti; Sarus Rock and I have to say...in 'Mysterious Island' when Littlefoot begins singing about his mother it gets me evrytime.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot's grandpa contracting a deadly disease in LBT4. No contest in my eyes.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Besides the original, which had Niagra Falls pouring out of my eyes.....

These scenes got me to tear up a bit:

LBT 2
- Saying goodbye to Chomper. The adorable baby Chomper being reluctant to leave Littlefoot, but being told that he has to.

LBT 5
- The song "Always There"
- When the gang reunited with their families with Always There playing in the background. That was so beautiful it got another tear from me

LBT 7
- The whole flashback of the fate of Pterano's herd
- The scene when Ducky's about to fall off the cliff and Pterano has that flashback.

LBT 8
-"Family" almost gotta tear out of me.

LBT 9
-Mo trying to convince the others to stay with him. The horror that they'll be leaving him, possibly to never be seen again, and the sadness on his face made me want to hug him.
-And, of course, the part everyone thought he was dead, especially this scene: "Goodbye....friends..." "Mo! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!........Mo....." I was doing the same thing!!  :cry

LBT 10
-"Bestest Friends" got to me..... :cry

LBT 12
- The combo of Cera being ignored throughout the whole movie to remind me of my family's obvious favoritism towards my sister, and the tears beginning to well up when Mr. Threehorn basically states that Tricia's the best daughter ever and Cera feeling the pain and running off. Finish it with "Things Change" and yup, definitely crying for me. :cry

TV Series
- Ruby's "Remembering" song didn't get me to cry, but it was sad for me nonetheless. Same with "Everything will be Okay"

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
LBT 2. When Littlefoot and Chomper go their seperate ways. I love that little guy, that was so sad, when he didn't want  

LBT4. When Littlefoot's Granfather gets ill. Littlefoot can't lose another family member!

LBT 5 When they sing "Alway's There." When Littlefoot sang his part...gah! :cry
 When they say good-bye to Chomper... AGAIN!!!!!!!
 When they reunite with their families. That was so touching.

LBT 8. When Spike leaves the great valley while their singing "Family." Almost brought tears to my eyes

LBT 9. When Mo saves them from the swimming sharptooth by sacrificing himself. NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LBT 10. That huge Flashback of Littlefoot's mother. Don't know why it just...got to me, I suppose.
 When they sing "Bestest Friends" Oh come on! That was so sad and showed how close the gang are.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmmm, well obviously when Littlefoot's mother dies actually makes me cry, as for the other sadder scenes, I am ashamed to admit it but they do not provoke much of a reaction out of me.  However, I do find LBT IV when Grandpa is ill and dying quite provoking, I do find the song 'Always there' quite sad (ie: when Littlefoot mentions is mother) and I do find LBT IX when the viewer is left with the impression that Mo has 'died' in order to save his friends...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
LBT II - Like most have already said, the saddest moment for me in this movie was towards the end, when Littlefoot and Chomper have to part ways. What really made that scene work was the music. Playing "If We Hold On Together" during that entire scene really got to me, on top of how much Littlefoot cared for Chomper and how much it hurt him to have to see him leave. I think this was also the strongest moment in the entire movie, as it showed the most emotion as well as a true sense of growth in Littlefoot and accepting that he can only do so much as a kid.

LBT III - There really weren't any sad moments during this movie. If I really had to choose something, the closest moment would be when it seems like the grown-ups all die towards the end after they fell off that cliff. It's kind of a bad choice, but that's really all I can think of at this point.

LBT IV - Again, a lot of people have already spoken about this moment, but when we first see Grandpa really taking the effects of his sickness and the possibility that he was going to die. A couple things worked into the true effect of this scene. It really starts to hit you when NOBODY wants to go into the Land of Mists, especially the Old One basically shooting down Littlefoot's plea for help (I always hated her for that). When you see his reaction in her eyes, that got me. The second is when Grandpa starts to explain to Littlefoot that he may have to leave with the herd if anything happened to him. Littlefoot's reaction to this also really got to me, and you could really tell how Grandpa really had no idea on whether or not he was going to live or not.

LBT V - "Always There" is such a tear jerker. It is the most heart warming song out of all the sequels, and for good reason. Most people say that Littlefoot's part is the strongest part, but in all honesty I believe the entire song is of equal strength. Minus Petrie (which I always found confusing that he didn't sing anything), all of the characters reflect on how their parents comfort them in the worst of times. The gang's second farewell with Chomper really didn't hit me as much as it did to others, because I really didn't feel the same emotion that I did in LBT II. Call me crazy, but I just wasn't really saddened by it at all.

LBT VI - This was surprising to me, but "On Your Own" was possibly the saddest moment for me. The whole song is about how Littlefoot idolizes Doc and he how he gets to be just like him, but then when it gets to the end it makes a complete turn around and he longs for his friends. Sure, it might not be a tear jerker like "Always There", but Littlefoot's realization that being alone isn't always such a cool thing kind of made an impact.

LBT VII - The flashback of Pterano's "herd" was quite sad. Quite a few dinosaurs died during that scene and it really left a whole morbid tone. Sure most of the dinosaurs die off screen, but what really got me was the one dinosaur falling off the cliff and Pterano's reaction that they all died because of him. He probably wouldn't have gotten kicked out of the herd had he just owned up to his mistake.

LBT VIII - A lot of people are saying that "Family" was the saddest moment of this movie. I can see why they say that, and I agree to a point. Sure at that moment it is quite sad to see Spike leave Ducky after seven movies of being in her family, but the reason why this scene didn't work as well as Mo's scene in LBT IX (which I'll get to next), is that there is that sense that Spike will come back. There was that little bit of regret on his face when he looked back one last time, and there was no way that Ducky wouldn't go after him after all they've been through.

LBT IX - As a lot have said, the scene where Mo leads the swimming sharptooth away got to me. Unlike Spike leaving the valley in LBT VIII, you really had no idea what whether or not Mo would survive. Sure he's a fast swimmer, but it would probably be unlikely that he could out swim something as large as what they were up against. Not really much else to say about this one.

LBT X - "Bestest Friends" is right under "Always There" as a truly emotional song. The scene itself is really powerful, because like Mo's scene in LBT IX, you have no idea what was going to happen. When I first saw this movie, I really believed that Littlefoot was going to leave the valley and join Bron's herd. This could have been the end of the LBT franchise right there, and it would have been an emotional ending (at least in my opinion). When he tells his grandparents that he isn't leaving, their reaction is also quite powerful coupled with the great music arrangement. One thing I was always bummed about is why we didn't get to see Littlefoot's friends' reaction to his decision. I mean sure they sang about how they would support him no matter what, I think it would have made more of an impact if we saw their reaction as well.

LBT XI - I really didn't find anything sad about this movie either. "If Only" wasn't that emotional to me. Littlefoot was simply reflecting on his bad decision to lie. Not much else to say here.

LBT XII - I felt really bad for Cera throughout the entire movie, because she was going through something that almost everybody goes through in life. She has been so used to being an only child and having all of her father's love, but when Tricia was born she felt like she was being cast aside. Her emotions throughout this movie really bring out a deeper sense of character for her (at least in my opinion), which was really nice to see.

LBT XIII - Absolutely nothing sad in this one. I didn't find anything that could even be remotely considered an emotional experience in this one.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Since I rediscovered LBT, I have watched movies from first to sixth. Of the sequels, I felt saddest during the end song of the fifth movie. It brings such an intense sense of nostalgia, almost like the franchise had just ended. "Almost there" is near the top too, and it is one of the rare references to the first movie.
Which is the saddest and brought out so many tears from me. But that's for another topic.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot's verse of "Always There" for me, all the way. Him singing about his mother, the implication that this is the first time in a while that he's stopped to think about her and it's really hitting him hard always gets me. Then there's his loenly finale of the sing: "Always therrrr-re." Just makes me want to give to him a hug.