The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Crash... we didn't want to hear

Threehorn · 159 · 16546

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
That doesn't mean much, really..  A site is a site is a site...  But hey, maybe we'll all be proven wrong...  I don't know...  I'm just choosing to give up now...  I'm choosing to let it go, lest hanging onto it, should drive me forever insane...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You're going to let go of LBT just because there's a possibility that no more new movies or episodes will be made? I understand you feeling upset, but I don't think you should let go of LBT entirely if you really care about it. It's up to you, I understand, yes. But it does bother me that someone would just give up on a series just because there's a chance that it's cancelled. I mean, does a cancellation really change that much? Sure it means no more new official movies or episodes, but it does not mean the end of the story, for there is fanfiction and fanart and such.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Until there is widespread and/or official confirmation of the complete and irrevocable end of the series, I will still hold on to hope.

An office shut down. It happens. There are any number of explanations for that...

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...Yeah, I guess you're right about that...  I don't know anymore...  All I know is, it will turn me into a psycho if I keep hanging onto it, because I will always remember this day.  It's changed forever for me...  I'm not completely walking away from LBT, but...  It may take years before I can do anything with it again, let alone even watch it.  So, I may just as well...  *NeptuneNavigator2001 has left the conversation...*
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neptune, my good man:  :wow
LBT means something a little different to everyone.  Maybe what you need to do insteading of "hanging on to it" is just remember what LBT really means to you. :) Chances are, this meaning can be found in the films that have already been made...After all, if it hadn't been for those films, you wouldn't know what to think of LBT at all. B)

Remember what you love about LBT.  That same feeling is still there sitting on your shelf, ready to be experienced like always. :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I appreciate your attempt to console me, Tim...  Really, I do.  ...However, the way my mind works - analytically - will forever cause me to see the end day..  And knowing myself, it will be an empty thing...  Maybe not forever...  But for now?  Yeah.  I'm gonna have to walk away.  Still thinking of doing that tribute video though...  Even if I have little skill...  I'm cannon fodder...

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Personally I don't think it's dead. Somewhere I have a feeling it's just beginning. Something else similar to this happened only thing is it wasn't a movie it was more like transportation wise and the company suspended it temporarly do to Katrina and loss of money.  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I have to agree, like I said before I don't think it going to end forever. It be back. Also I am going to see if my Mystic Caves story could be made into a LBT story book, I am asking about it to see if that possible. So if that works out LBT be alive in some manner of form.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...Maybe you're right, ThreeHorn.  Maybe you're all right...  But, for now, this is all still up in the air.  I don't feel like teetering back and forth, because I may fall off...  That's all it is, really...  It's been a hard two days for me, since this happened.  Very, very, very hard.  (I had a bad experience with a friend because of it (well, partially because of it anyway); I just hope me and this friend can go back to the way it was before the black hour, today; as though it never happened, but with the knowledge that we gained...)  ...It's just coming out in all sorts of ways...  Ways I never thought possible...

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Want my recommendation? Don't worry about it till tomorrow. It's the Fourth of July, man! It's celebratin' time!  Whatever's wrong with LBT, it shouldn't ruin one of the best holidays of the year (when else do you get fireworks and a whole 1/3 of the jellybeans my favorite flavor? I'm celebrating my own little 7/4 party with my dormmates (they were in the mountains w/ me, and missed the real party too). Huge+Legal fireworks displays don't come but once every 365 days, and just for that, I recommend putting real life on the back burner and rollin with your buds till 12 am. Just this once.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm sure Universal pays out the a$$ to keep their website running.  I doubt they'd do that for a dead movie series.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...I see little to nothing special about most of these traditional American holidays, sorry...  (I would rather keep the seven feasts of Yahweh, but knowing little about Hebrew traditions, I'm kinda stuck; time for me to learn...)  But, I guess, one can kill a few hours at least...  ...Good point again, Austin...  This has just brought out my worst though, and...  I don't like me when I'm like this...  I'm just...  I don't want to grab the reins if the horse is gonna buck...  Lest I fall off...  That's all...  I'm really just going into a self-preservation kind of mode.  ...I'll probably get around to doing that tribute video someday...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
NN, I find it terribly hard to believe that a possible cancellation of LBT causes you all this stress.  If you're having trouble with friends, that's understandable, but LBT is not causing that.  Enjoy the points of LBT you do like and maybe that can ease the issue of what's going on in real life.  :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay.  You wanna know what it is, Adam...?  I'll tell it right now.  I dread my future.  I dread losing everything and everyone I care about.  But lately, it's been less, somewhat.  One among you has helped me, yes...  Quite a bit.  In that regard.  I wish I could repay them...  However, LBT is just one in a pile...  I do feel that the constant talking about such a thing has added to my stress, so, I may have to pull ship for a while.  I may have to...  I don't know, take another break from this, and definitely one from LBT.  Yeah, I guess that's it.  I'll stop in from time to time over here.  I won't leave completely, but the stress is something I do not need, among dreading the future.  However, as I said, I'm finding that this is significantly less of an issue than it has been in the past...  I have one person to thank for that...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It seems as though offices move frequently.  I would not count on it being dead yet.  Many folks our age and younger adore LBT, and have been devoted fans of the series all the way.  If they were to jip us with ending the series with the last film, it would be one heck of a serious letdown for fans.  But mark my word: If Universal slam-dunks LBT like this, I shall forever boycott future Universal projects, no matter how good a film appears to be.  I would encourage others to do so, but that is an individual decision.  Indeed, it would be a slap in the face for LBT fans everywhere :slap.  Let's just pray(or at least hope) it does not end like this :yes.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wise words, Cancerian Tiger.  I will boycott as well...

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I will not boycott Universal just because they cancelled one project. No offense, but it seems kind of silly to me to boycott a company just because one series is cancelled. Boycotting seems to be a way of threatening the company to continue a project (one that they might be burned out on or no longer wish to continue), in my opinion.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A valid point, DarkHououmon...  However, it's not like I buy a new Universal movie every week anyway.  I mean, I hardly watch movies or TV at all anymore...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 4 2008 on  07:07 PM
Boycotting seems to be a way of threatening the company to continue a project (one that they might be burned out on or no longer wish to continue), in my opinion.
Off Topic: Hmmm, I don't know what you mean by that... :p there has been relatively very peaceful boycotts in history, (i.e when Martain Luther King had African Americans boycotting the buses down in the south) they were simply avoiding to take the buses.

On topic: I do wonder...maybe the studios has stopped making the sequels and the tv show altogether, but maybe there is a bright side to this. Maybe they are starting something else that has to do with LBT. Such as having a series with the kids being grown up or something..:p I don't know, but that's just a possibility, I think at least..

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it's all still up in the air at this point.  One may speculate in any way that they choose, until we hear official word from Universal themselves.