The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you could remove one song from the films...

Guest · 8 · 1711

Bruton the Iguanodon

If you could take one song out of the 12 sequels, which would you take out?

I'd say "Imaginary Friend". It really dampened an otherwise good LBT, and after it's over, they just proceed to do what they were doing before they started singing (meeting Mo). I also don't like "Friends for dinner" but I felt that one at least gave them something to do in the stinky grass to pass the time. Yellow Belly Bounce can stay in 13, cause seriously, even if that one was removed, 13 is still just as messed up. But Imaginary Friend is one I felt could definitely be removed and nothing would really be lost.

How about you guys?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree. I would remove exactly the same song, for exactly the same reasons.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
"Imaginary Friend" is the only song I actually skip.  Honestly it's embarrassing and totally unnecessary.  Like they had no other way to take up 5 minutes.  I hate it when movies do stuff like that and was pretty disappointed to see that in LBT 9, an otherwise excellent film.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm.. I like the all the songs in different ways so, I actually like Imaginary Friends in itself, even if it was put in a little strange place.

If I had to take out one, it would be "Say So", because I think it is just way too preachy and plain on some parts. There's even sprechtisme on one part

If I had to edit a song, it would be "Family". Now don't get me wrong, it's a great song. But the part "at the heart of every family, is loooove"; that just sounded so cheesy to me to an otherwise great song. Maybe it was just too blatantly stated?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree with the first three members, the song Imaginary Friends could easily be omitted from that film and nothing would have been lost.  It is a perfect example of unnecessary filler dragging down a film.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wouldn't remove any song from the movies... the TV-series would have less songs if I'd be the director but the songs of TLBT movies were all at least okay to me. I don't get why everyone's ranting about 'Imaginary Friends'. I found the song to be catchy and not THAT unnecessary though I get where you're coming from.
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ludichris1,Dec 8 2012 on  11:14 AM
Hmm.. I like the all the songs in different ways so, I actually like Imaginary Friends in itself, even if it was put in a little strange place.
I agree - I don't think it was bad, I thought it was cute, and for a character like Petrie, who all too often has his head in the clouds (pun intended, lol) it made sense for him to have an imaginary friend.
I don't really see any songs that should be changed or omitted during the episodes.

As for the TV Series.... I think they went a little overboard XDD I get that in the episodes, they had a total of three songs throughout the entirety of the film, that was fine, but the TV series episodes are so short that only one song at the most is required *shrug*

"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
For me it would have to be either the mad song from the 8th film. Or Big Water from the 5th. I remember even when I first show the 5th film when I was 7 I thought it was silly.