The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time remake

Guest · 48 · 5515

ScratteLover2

According to this website, a remake of the land before time currently in productin, and is scheduled for release somewhere from 2011 to 2013.

This is all the information that is known:
A remake of The Land Before Time is currently in production, it is due for release anywhere from 2011-2013. The director is going to be Peter Jackson, it will be produced by Don Bluth, Gary Goldman and Barrie M. Osborne. Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike and Littlefoot's mother will be returning for the remake. In the remake, the children will be seperated by their families due to an earthquake, and a meteor shower. It will feature non-lyrical music done by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard. The writer of the remake will be Jared Hess. It is supposed to have a running time of 3 hours in the theatre release and 3 hrs 52 minutes in the uncut version. There will be three t-rex instead of one, [[Sharptooth (character)|Sharptooth]], [[Red Claw]] and Dark Claw. It is currently in production, and it has not set release date. It will also feature all the characters from the first movie, and a new character, an iguanodon called Argos.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
This is nonsense.
It is wishful thinking of a fan who seems to have lost all touch with reality.
Peter Jackson making a remake of LBT riiiighht...
Seriously think about it for a second and you will realize that it is nonsense. The GOF is not supposed to be a dump for baseless rumors.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
yeah this is a definite fake. Although they are doing a remake of NIMH, I don't see them remaking land before time.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm skeptical about this as well. If I see an official trailer for it, then I'll believe it.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This is clearly a dream, nothing more. This will most likely never happen. I cannot see a remake of something already so treasured occurring, and I think making it PG-13, no matter how mild, would defeat Don Bluth's purpose of making a dark family film. This person truly is getting his hopes up for something that will most likely never happen.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't believe this in the least.  It would've been on Universal's official site by now if this were for real <_<.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
This is obviously a false "remake." Just more wishful thinking.

On a minor note, is anyone for locking or removing topics that say that there is a sequel, remake, or new TV season without good evidence?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Next time try doing some research before posting a link to something that does not exist.

ScratteLover2

Quote from: F-14 Ace,Jun 5 2010 on  03:11 AM
Next time try doing some research before posting a link to something that does not exist.
What are you talkin about? The link goes to the website.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The problem is that this is a private webpage which anyone could create. There is no larger company, group of people in a position to make decisions, or any other authority whatsoever behind it.
It is important to recognize the difference between credible and officially confirmed information on the web and wishful thinking or fantasies of singular individuals.
I could create a webpage which claimed for the earth to be a flat disk, but if I did that it wouldn't make the claim any more true.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
This screams fake. It's all over it. :rolleyes:
Wishful thinking is good, but one's gotta keep perspective. Especially on the net.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Best to wait till official word from Universal or some other official type person or thing like that.  At least that is how I feel.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Wow.  One would think that a person would have a little more imagination and at least TRY to make it sound convincing. :rolleyes: This must be some kind of joke rather than someone trying to deceive people.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
ScratteLover, I only have one question: How oblivious are you to fake informations like these, exactly? :blink:

ScratteLover2

Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Jun 5 2010 on  11:04 AM
ScratteLover, I only have one question: How oblivious are you to fake informations like these, exactly? :blink:
NO, I not oblivious, Because I can tell when stuff is fake, that's why I only included stuff that seemed real in the first post, not the fake stuff people have pointed out.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I read the whole thing. It is totally unbelievable. I mean a 3 hour long children's film that is PG-13?

Granted it sounds like an awesome idea for an epic fan fiction.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
A better question might be why did you think it was real, Scrattelover?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just have to ask ScratteLover2 here to just stop with posting false information.  It's getting annoying.

ScratteLover2

Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jun 5 2010 on  09:18 PM
I just have to ask ScratteLover2 here to just stop with posting false information.  It's getting annoying.
It's not my fault everything I post is rumor, I just post anything I find about LBT, I'm not trying to be annoying. I'm sorry if I was being annoying, I'll only post something if it's actually believable.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: ScratteLover2,Jun 6 2010 on  09:22 AM
I just post anything I find about LBT
You sound like a forum bot, lol. :p