The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time remake

Guest · 48 · 5518

ScratteLover2

Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jun 13 2010 on  09:44 AM
You see?  Remakes can be good.  You just need the right writer, director, producer, etc.
I agree, Curse of the Komodo and KvC: Komodo vs. Cobra are the same way, although I do like Curse of the Komodo better, because it has better actors and more guns. But critics think KvC is better for some reason.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
The problem I have with remakes isn't that I think they're all bad(I actually liked Bloody Valentine 3-D better than the original) it's just that most of them aren't really necessary. Did we need a remake of Friday the 13th? Did we need A Nightmare on Elm Street remake? Or a remake of Halloween and Psycho? In my opinion, no, no, no, and HELL NO! These movies were all great in their own way and people still talk about them even though they have been around for decades. Personally though, I wish Hollywood would come up with their own ideas instead of remaking and adapting everything *Is still hoping the Monopoly and Marvin the Martian movies are just rumors*

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
And going on with that, I don't think remakes of Clash of the Titans, Cheaper by the Dozen, Yours Mine & Ours (I only saw the original with Lucille Ball and LOVED it :DD ), Shaggy Dog, blah blah blah, were necessary either.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think remakes are necessary at all,  Gus Van Sant's remake of Psycho is more than enough proof, same goes to the Clash Of The Titans remake.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It would be nice if they would make more original movies rather than recycling old movies so much. Although I wouldn't go as far as say there's "no point at all" in doing remakes.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The point of remakes is to reintroduce something to a new audience. While most people go into remakes having seen the original, there are the few that have never seen the original. This way, the remake can appeal to viewers that are new to the franchise.

Another reason why remakes are made is to try and take a classic and re do it with the technology that we have now. Horror movies are victim to this because almost every single classic horror movie has a remake to make it bloodier. While this doesn't work for all of them, there are a few that actually surpass the original (Texas Chainsaw Massacre).

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sorry but you can't beat the origanal. It's just not possible. And CGI? I prefer animation thanks. I just can't imagine them doing a remake. I know I would probably see it. Just when it comes out on video though. Only when I see a trailer or an OFFICIAL short clip willIi believe it.
On a brighter note. Maybe it will be good. IF it comes out that is. Might be even better than the first one. I'm pretty skeptical about that. But anywho it could be a huge sucess. Maybe even get a larger, older audience and might become more popular? Becausethe series is kinda babyish and maybe this one will be more, dare I say it, violent. Maybe a possible death scene? Who knows how this'll be.