The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5633 · 291595

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
WEndy was writing down a number from an phonecall she had made  for the next Kart Races' ok, FLurrie, i've signd us up in a double kart.' she said ewith a grin. ' I've also signed up Goombeela and Goombette" Awesome " Gombella grinned ' i'm totally going to crush you guys in a race." Darlings, theres no need to fight" Flurrie said. " what matters is having fun, and racing to the best of your abilities.  Winning is nice, but you're going up against pros' Flurrie added '
-
 lUca and Arlene were enjoying a nice relaxing swim in the water park together, they were bboth resting on a large water raft that said " Jowaii resort on it. " so what are your plabns for when this vacation is over ' Luca asked from her side  " hmm. I'm not sure. Probably going to travel with oliver to that Quantos place, he's told me  he wants to see a nature planet." arlene said. "I think hes taken after Scooby, and Garfield, the dear boy loves to eat." hes a good boy, and a good friend to Mona' Luca said " and betwen the two of us i know Flash finds him cute when hes inflated using that belt I got him. " Arlene smiled ' Yes Oliver, enjoys playing with his friends.  ' Arlene said.
-
 Mona and mona were now at the Racquetball court at the resort ' So which court should we use? Mona Asked. ' oliver do you have any suggestions?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hmm, they all look they are being used right now," Oliver noticed about the courts. But then an idea popped into the cat's head. "I know," he smirked, pulling out the belt he had been given. "I can grow to massive size and double as a wall for you two." He put on the belt. "How big should I go to?" he asked Flash and Mona.

Thiago went over to Kovu and handed him a chart. "This lists the battles for the rest of the day," he told the lion, "It may not be much, but you can get an idea of what your opponent will be like."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not fighting one person, but a whole bunch' Kovu said looking at the list " I'm going to be sent to Catacrom 4, which is, apparently the intro planet for fighters. I dont know what awaits for me."

_ about the size you were when we went bowling' Flash suggested.
_
 Vitani and Li ella were walking around the fine dining section of the resort. ' Hmm' they have steak kabobs' Vitani said looking at the nearest diner " you hungry?' She asked Li ella" sure I'll try some ' said the Chima lioness. ' Lets go get a table!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Coming right up," Oliver said, pressing a button on his belt and suddenly the young cat's body increased massively in size and weight. His fattened form sat before the wolf girls.

"And don't worry about accidentally hurting me," he smiled reassuringly, "When I'm this big, anything you hit will just bounce off me. Just don't aim for the face is all I'm asking."

"Say Kiyo," Shoukichi asked, going to the tavern she worked at after he finished his job, "Do you still want to send those food platters to the seer?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
oF course " Kiyo said ; That old Wizard is skin and bones, he needs more meat on him. " Send all of them to his room."
-
first one to 15 points wins ' Mona said to Flash, which was walking around Oliver, a smirk on her face ' Girl s top gawking at our living wall or I'll serve now, and win a bunch of points by default!' MOna 's face broke into a wicked grin. JUst serve' Flash stuck her tonguue at at mona. And the game began, each girl striking the ball with force off of over, it was sorta like  hitting a ball against a bean bag, there wasnt much bounce.
 Sima and kiara were relaxing together in the resort sauna, which like everywhere else in the resort had a food buffet. ' The girls were munching on a delicous  sub sandwich, with was 10 feet long. Kiaras half was meetballs and turkey, while Sima's half had pretty much all the toppings of meat on it you could think off. ' These meatbals are SO good ' Kiara said, belching " Eat girl, you need more meat on that kaboose of yours.' sima said.
-
 Ember and Dragon sighed as they went to the 10th hole. Dragon  was in last by 10 strokes,Ember was in second by 1 shot over Samia, but she was 25 shots behind Korin, who walked ahead with a confident spring in her step.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'll make sure the highest calorie ones arrive first," Shoukichi promised his wife, "It'll be a good way for us to be respectful hosts for him." He sent out a message on his phone to have the dishes delivered. "One Ozai surprise please," he turned back to Kiyo, wanting her to make use of her bar tending talents.

"Good job both of you, keep it up," Oliver encouraged as the balls would bounce off his bloated belly. It was proving to be a close game, when one would score the other would be able to make a comeback. No one was ever in the lead by more than two points at a time.

"Ummmmm......can I get for you anything else, mam?" a sever at the sauna asked Sima.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Pokitaru)

Dr. Kerzach led Nick Wilde over to the meeting room where Captain Carson and Stripetail were located.

Captain Carson stood up and greeted Nick Wilde. "Greetings, I am Captain Carson. I presume you are here to assist us in planning?"

Dr. Kerzach clicked his talons on the ground. "I will leave you all alone to plan." He then turned around and exited the meeting room.

------------------

(Phoenix)

Carmelita had been delivered to the ship and placed in the holding cells while they prepared her for transport. That preparation included treating any injuries sustained during capture and confiscating all her equipment and armor. The capture team stood at attention outside Chong's office as they waited for him to finish speaking to Vox or one of his officers.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes I am," Nick replied to Carson, and then turned to Stripetail. "So you're the seer I've heard so much about. And you needing my skills for your operation-I never thought I'd see the day. Though I have to ask, what would you be willing to pay for my services?"

"Oh for the love of....." Carmelita groaned as she looked around her cell and tried banging on the walls. Try as she might, nothing could break the walls.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
IT would depend, sir, on whether your skills are useful.' Stripetail said. " If you're here because you successfully conned some little old lady out of pocket change, well, theres the door. We are looking for experts, MR wilde, and penny ante things are simply not going to get the job done. Camouflage, misdirection and strong alibis, that is kind of stuff we need. NOw, what skills do you bring to the table and which we can use in this matter? THis is a rescue mission, MR wilde, and many lives are at stake. The more you can give us, the more money you will find in your pocket. But i will need a list of some of your past , shall we say, escapades"
-
 Flash ended up winning the game 15-12, and she grinned as the final point went her way. " lets go get ice cream! She grinned as MOna came up to her. "I'll get you next time '  She smirked. Come on, guys ' She saud to Ollie and Oliver.
_
  Angela and Sasha headed out from the resort, as they were going to the Mayors Ball, to be held later that night on Kerwan.  ' so, is your dad going to be there' Angela asked as  Sasha set the coordinates into Thief's tracking system. " He should be. I'll introduce you to him." So How much do you know about Vox? angela asked ' I mean Ratchets dealt with him before, and from  our talking it seems like He might have had plans to go after you  before Ratchet put a crimp in his plans.' Well, Vox and his network slandered me repeatedly, claiming i was responsible for the missing heros and also claimed that I broke up with Ratchet after he admitted voting against my dad. "  SaSha said ' None of it was true. Ratchet voted for my father both times he ran for office, and my father has a lot of respect for him. i think he'll like you Angela. Any friend of Ratchets, or mine,  he'll like." i look forward to meeting him. Not every day you get to meet a president." Angela said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I could really use some ice cream too," Oliver smirked, "Especially at this size." With each chuckle he gave, the cat's many chins jiggled like jello.

Nick smirked confidently at what Stripetail had just told him. "I figured you would ask me something like that," he replied. From his coat pocket he pulled out a chart, some newspaper articles, and some photos. "Here's just a few of my past escapades, with proof. Among what the fox gave the seer was accounts of the time his cons helped rescue hostages from a dangerous mafia, got a deadly weapon out of the hands of a terrorist cell's paws, and helped expose a corrupt businessman's plans to ignore safety guidelines for buildings that were being made. The photos showed Nick making the arrangements that led to each of the acts of justices being possible. Photos of the arrested parties were also displayed, and a number of documents from various crime fighting organizations were presented. Recommendations of the highest order. "Plus this," he added smugly, revealing a certificate labeled "Zootopian Good Citizen Award 2016"

"There you go," he smirked.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 04:24:48 PM by brekclub85 »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So how much are you asking for, Nick? Stripetail said going through the various articles, police reports and comments from from witnesses. " Because , greed, my fellow kills more deals than it seals. So. Lets hear your offer."  Stripetail leaned back slightly in his chair his eyes fixed upon the fox " I like your fur Mr Wilde' Gabuna said ' yes, do you use conditioner or self-rolling to keep it smooth and soft?" Agumina said. "  Gabuna and I are always on the lookout for ways to keep our fur and scales looking good. Where do you go for your treatments?" she asked. ' dixie chuckled ' You Girls always on the lookout for Grooming tips." Well, We get most of ours from Biyomon and Gatomon" Gabuna said in reply.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It's a brand available in Zootopia," Nick replied to Gabuna, "Called Liz Zarde's. It's sold in many locations in my city. Thanks for the kind words." The fox then turned back to Stripetail. "Given my record, I think 150 million is a fair price....."

"I'm gonna want strawberry," Oliver smiled as he shrunk back to his normal size. "It's my favorite."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
150 million? Are you crazy? Warfang spoke up. ' We;ve been doing superhero jobs for Stripetail for years and we dont get that much in a full year!" Cynder" stripetail said firmly. " Stripetail unless  he has the blueprints to Dreadzione and a way to manually release the prisoners from a remote distance, this is in no way shape or form worth 150M, hes not even worth 100000!" The black dragoness continued. " He has offered us his services Cynder' Dixie said ' Hes bvery good at getting in places without being detected and hes put quite a few people away, and the powers that be in Zootopia speak highly of him. "
_ 150M isnt that much. "Utsa said, speaking up from her seat. " Its about the cost to own a high end Dragons residence in  Dramos City 5. Then again,  we are a extremely wealthy race, so money likely does not  mean the same to us as it does to poorer races. I'm guessing you'll want at least some in advance?
- 150 million is a steep price Mr Wilde, and my master is not in the habit of tossing 8 figures in coin around willy nilly ' Tarrax said. " millions? tens of millions?  thats one thing. but you're asking for a lot more than that, largely on your word that you can help this group enter dreadzone, successfully keep cover and maintain it for months , possibly years, and successfully rescue all of those Vox has taken prisoner, all while staying undetected?. This is a touch more complex than dealing with the Zootopian mob, my good fellow.
_ 150 million, presumably all up front, is too much ' stripetail said " If I paid you that, I'd have to drastically increase how much I pay my team, 20-fold, at least. Cynder-W here would not be the only one complaining, pretty much all of my elder team members would want large pay increases.  my initial offer id this: 10 million now, and 40 million in installments, paid out over the course of a year. That's 50 million , MR Wilde, enough to presumably, buy any home in Zootopia you wanted, many times over. "
- 50 million Bucks? Nick started. ' Stripetail you blanched at paying a third  of that for the last mission , when I posed as a rare collector of weapons, and got Saba here.' He motioned to the blade at this side.
_ for starters Nick,  this mission is longer, involves more people and is considerably more dangerous" stripetail said ' We're rescuing a lot more than 2 people this time  , thus the expenses are higher. Into the billions if Lady Utsa is correct, and she almost always is.  50 million is justifiable in that scenario.All of you will be paid handsomely anyway. A One time expense can be borne more easily, than a longstanding expense, particularly if it is  heavy."
LIZ Zardes Huh?' Gabuna nodded, we'll have to look into that." being a rookie on the team she didnt care as much about how she was paid, and she didnt have to worrry about being a parent, As Tiger and tigeress did.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I can see where you're coming from," Nick nodded to the criticisms he had received, "And I'll be willing to lower my bargain. How about 100 million with 25 mil up front?" the fox suggested, "As you can see, I have a record of being able to produce results in dangerous situations."

"So what are you gonna get for seconds, you literal tons of fun?" Kiara smiled to Sima as she saw the sumo lioness finish her giant sandwich.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 theres dangerous situations and then theres dangerous situations, mr Wilde.  Criminal conduct is one thing, war another. Have you fought in war, Mr Wilde? it reveals one's true character, whether one shows mercy or not, whether one values lives, or not.  This mission, will be, by far, the most dangerous you have ever faced. It renders your past missions well, near meaningless in the grand scheme of things. In order for you to show them your talents, you are going to have to come along. " Stripetail said. As For your pay I will need protections, in case you turn out to be not as advertised. I do not want to be out 60, 80, 100, or 120 million, with no means to recover it. yes I am wealthy, but I didnt get wealthy by losing 100 million dollars a pop on scams and fleece jobs. I am no ones fool or dupe, Nick wilde. I'll go up to 75 million, with 15 up front. this is a very generous offer I am making you mR wilde " stripetail said.
-
 I'll get a bowl of mac and chesee ' Sima said " I'll share with you of course. I'll even let you have the garlic bread that comes with it."I enjoy being huge after all, and you know the value of calories, dear Kiara' sima grinned.
_
Wendy started as a picture of her batting in a baseball game came on, and Waluigi was pitching to her, while thumbing his nose at her. " GAds, they're showing the 15-1 loss in the Baseball ,league " wendy groaned as Flurrie, Goombette Goombella  and toadette watched " i was on your team" toadette pointed out. ' ah , Waluigu hit 4 homers , and 2 of them were grand slams. " i didnt have my best pitching that day ' Toadette said. " i should have wanked you after the second homer ; Wendy said ' girls girls it was just one game' Flurrie said. " a league has many games." Yeah, you'll get another crack at him " Goombella said, and Goombette  grinned happily.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"How about this," Nick nodded, "20 million up front, with 60 million in installments and  bonuses  30 million more if  certain things are met." He then looked directly at the seer. "Not too long ago there was a major conflict between predators and prey in my city. It got........violent, to say the least. There were animals being wounded, some killed on the streets, and I helped save several from such a fate."

"Thanks, a bit of garlic bread is nice," Kiara smiled. She looked up at the clock. "The bowing hour starts in 30 minutes," she noted.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 and protections for non-abidance of terms?' stripetail said. For Instance, if you  rat out the team, you will not only get nothing from me, but I'll see to it that you wont have a nickel to your name. But in that scenario, money will likely be the least of your worries, mr wilde. ' He gestured and a huge contract appeared in front of the fox,  which listed the terms conditions and provisos of the contract.  Just sign on the last page, and i'll give you the upfront  portion ' stripetailo said. " you'll need a disguise, and zootpia sports equipment. Think you can get that?"
_ Well I'm going to bow in 30 minutes' sima said " just remind me Kiara she said as a big bowl as mac and cheese was brought in.
_
 ( dreadzone)
 Be quiet in there!" shourted a guard who approached Carmelitas cell ' Or we'll eject you out an airlock, without a suit!"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson decided to cut in. "Mr. Wilde," she added. "A citywide riot is little more than a grade school playground fight compared to what we're dealing with."

She raised an eyebrow at the Fox demanding 110 million. That kind of money covered the flight hours of the four living planes...for 1,000 hours with about 30 million to spare. She shook her head. The Human bit her tongue at the barely disguised extortion attempt but kept her face neutral. "As for your price; I am afraid to say that 110 million is a grossly exorbitant price and I suspect that you are intentionally hiking the price due to the situation in which we find ourselves. However, I am willing to make an offer," she said, spreading her hands out.

Captain Carson then continued. "We will pay you a total of fifty million. Ten million up front with the remaining forty to be delivered once everyone is rescued from the Dreadzone. Depending on your performance, you may receive a bonus of up to five million."

------------------

Ms. Swimmer boarded a shuttle that would take them to Meridian City.

"Heading out?" Mr. Bigmouth asked.

The Sauropholus nodded. "Yes. There's nothing much to do here."

Mr. Bigmouth looked around. The normally packed resort was eerily empty. Even the normally busy tiki bar was empty except for a few Spirarian guards enjoying a few drinks. And of course, the beach was closed due to the lifeguards having been sent home. "Looks like the news of the kidnappings scared everyone away; hopefully we won't be asked to pay compensation for lost profits." He remembered the bill that he had been given by the management to cover the damages to the Deimos and Drobot's rooms.

----------------------

(Phoenix)

"Quiet!" A guard banged his electrified baton on the cell that Carmelita was being held in. "Mr. Vox doesn't like it when we delivered damaged goods!"

----------------------

Chong's phone rang and Vox's voice came out. "Chong," he said. "We're going to be on air in a few. Are your men ready for the Industrial Mayhem match?"

----------------------

(Dreadzone)

The machinery in the arena started up with a slow creaking noise. Rivulets of molten metal dripped from decaying furnaces and smelters as heavy pistons and gears slowly turned to life.

"Welcome to Industrial Mayhem!" the announcer's voice boomed over the cheering crowd. "In just a few moments, you will be treated to the savageness of death row prisoners battling for their freedom! Place your bets now!"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You heard the captain ' Stripetail said  and made a small gesture, changing the figures to those specified by captain Carson. 'You get 10 million now, wit the remainder to be paid upon rescue of our friends.  Sign it, and go get ready." HE then turned to the others. " I would suggest to everyone to go get your things out of your rooms, as we will be leaving the resort tomorrow morning.  Our two weeks  courtesy of Qwark are up, and I dont think he'll like the drinks bill he'll be getting as a result. " We'll blame Genki for that ' Tigeress smirked. ' All those Fruit Smoothies arent cheap. " Genki doesnt drinki 15000 bolts Qwarkastic Tequilas ' Stripetail said ' at least, he shouldnt" " I'll go get Tiger, Flash, Mona, Luca abd my folks " tigeress said, getting up from her seat. "COming Gabuna?' She asked the wolf Digimon. " coming!' Gabuna said ' I need to get a picture taken with Gabumon at the photo booth.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'll let my crew know," Captain Carson said. She excused herself to go radio the rest of the crew telling them to pack up their stuff and check out.

Once that was done, she returned to the meeting room and took a seat at the table.

---------------------

Mr. Bigmouth did not have much to pack. He took his enchanted messenger bag and headed to the front desk. There, he stood in line along with the Spirarian guards and crew who were also preparing to check out. Dr. Zanasiu and Zachary were also in line as well.

"So what about Deimos and Drobot?" Zachary asked.

"I'll have their belongings and those of Ms. Swimmer taken back to the ship," Mr. Bigmouth replied.