The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond

Jrd89 · 820 · 85460

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Fury felt something inside himself change. He couldn't tell if it was good or bad, but something had definitely changed. The young glider's heart was racing faster and faster, his breathing was faster and deeper than normal, almost as if it hurt. He forced open his eyes, and the world he saw appeared to be as if he were underwater. He couldn't speak... his mind was too overwhelmed by the changes happening and all he could really do was sit agains the wall and quiver in fear and distress. He knew the others that had left were close to returning, but he didn't know if this new feeling was him dying or something else.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Tero rubbed his head, groaning slightly as he got back up. Redback had thrown him pretty hard. As he got up he felt a sharp pain on his shoulder and saw that he was bleeding slightly. Gritting his beak he watched as Redback hurried through the Valley, seeking out those three sharpteeth.

Desperately, he looked around the cave and the area, to see if anyone was around. He'd need some help if he was gonna stop his friend.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Luke landed at the cave entrance, looking defeated. "Roger and I were trying to find another cure for Pterano. No luck. I think Roger's still looking around." He looked up and noticed that Pterano wasn't there, and that Tero was looking scruffier than usual. His expression changed to one of confusion. "Hey, what happened to you? Where's Pterano?"

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh, Jared? Well I mostly know him because he met up with me first... before I rejoined Pterano. He showed up at my cave one night an absolute wreck... was raining really hard to complement that too. I decided to take him in... he had no family after all... and we ran into Pterano shortly after that." the pink flyer explained.

He looked over at Tero, who seemed distraught after having been thrown against the wall. "Oh dear... you need some help?" he asked, pushing himself up and walking over in that manner of his, with his arms hanging down and his wings bent.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Just hang in there, Fury" Harper said as he opened his eyes. She couldn't tell if the gilder could see her or not, he was gazing off. "They should be back soon".

Hearing a commotion, she turned and noticed Tero seemed to have injured himself, or someone else did. Her compassion had recently been pulled towards both "flyers" and she looked from Fury to Tero, not sure who to check on or keep by. She was helpless either way anyway.

"Are we gonna need more leaves?" it was the only thing she could think to ask. Petrie frowned worriedly at all this injury going around. What if something happened to them next?

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Tero beckoned with a claw, grimacing as pain shot through his shoulder with each movement. Walking over to the cave entrance, he gestured out in the direction Redback had run off, pointing frantically.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Luke looked in the direction of Tero's gestures. Squinting his eyes, he could make out Redback sprinting off into the distance. "Oh, this can't be good... should we be trying to stop him?" Glancing back into the cave, he could see the leaf beds were scattered, and that the only ones still in the cave were Fury, Petrie and Harper. It seemed he and Roger had missed something important.

Luke sighed. "I hope I don't get bitten or stepped on. I hate it when that happens." He stepped out and called up, "Hey Roger, you want to help see what's wrong with Redback? The more the merrier! And the less chance of me getting hurt..."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
A few second after Luke had called his name Roger came, landing rather gently which is something he didn't usually do. He looked at them with something of a defeated expression, he then looked down at the ground as he spoke. "Don't bother bringing me alone, I'll just fail like I always do"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Hey, now," Luke exclaimed. "We haven't known you long enough to know whether that's true or not." His expression softened slightly as he saw Roger really seemed down. "Just because you couldn't find a cure for Pterano doesn't mean you failed. I mean, I don't think any of us knew what to do to help him. I sure didn't." He paused, then lay a hand on Roger's shoulder. "Come on. Let's stop Redback from doing something he'll regret."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Roger sighed and lightened up a bit. Looking at Luke he nodded. "Right, maybeI can prove myself this time" he then looked up at the sky. "Cheirus, I hope you're watching" he said to the sky and then stood straight and proud as he always did. "Alright then! A failure lost me me eye but by the Great Beyond it won't make me loose me friends, lets go"

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Tero was glad that the others had gotten the message. Beckoning the others to follow, he limped to the ledge and was airborne in seconds. His flying was still a little wobbly from the injury to his shoulder, but he gritted through it and headed after Redback.
If he had really come under the RedWrath, they were in trouble. He only knew of one easy way to get him out of it, and it wasn't easy.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Roger took off after him. "What exactly are we lookin' for again?" he asked as he looked at the ground for anything strange or note worthy.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"We're lookin' for Redback!" Rinkus exclaimed as he too took off after the two flyers. "No argument from me of course but... how exactly do we stop him?" the pink flyer inquired. "Oy! Hey Redback!" he yelled down to the charging dinosaur. "What do you think you're doin'? Where are you going?" he called, knowing it probably wouldn't get much of a response, but figuring he'd try all the same.

(runner up)
(runner up)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Furys' fever was getting worse, on the inside he was absolutly frigid and his body attempted to warm itself by shivering, but that only made his outer body extremely hot and uncomfortable. He closed his eyes and suddenly everything stopped, his world stopped spinning around him, his body stopped aching, his mind stopped thinking, and for several long minutes he actually stopped breathing as well. His body simply lay limp against the wall of the cave not making a sound or moving in anyway, giving off the illusion that he'd given up.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Luke caught up to Rinkus and flew alongside him. "Doesn't look like he's listening to us..." he muttered. Dropping down, he landed on Redback and clung on. "Hey, Redback, I dunno where you're going but maybe you wanna stop, talk it over? Hello?" He leaned forward and rapped sharply on the sharptooth's head.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"I see..." Roger said and then sped up to get ahead of Redback. He then swooped down and landed a little distance in front of the sharptooth. "Whoa there, calm down" he said putting his hands out.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rinkus wasn't quite that brave. He shook his head. "They're going to get themselves killed." he commented, and gulped as he felt certain Roger would be run over, and Luke would be thrown off...

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Devon sighed. "I know...I'll go take care of it." He tried to get up on his feet but he ended up sitting back down due to the pain in his chest. "Or not..."
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Tero watched in frustrated resignation as the other flyers did their best to try to stop Redback.

But the sharptooth did stop as he felt Luke's claws dig into his shoulder, and the rap on his skull brought him to a halt, just in front of Roger.

With a snarl, Redback tossed his head in an effort to knock off Luke. He swung a fist at the flyer as he growled "RRGH! Gerroff!"

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Hey, calm down fella we're here to help!" Roger took a step closer. At first he reached out to try and hold Redback's head as the flyer's claws seemed to glow a little but then he pulled his hands back with a nervous look. "We're you'r friends, mate"