The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 56414

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Deadline extended until Sept.15th!

Neither Flathead nor I are done yet (nor anyone else unless I missed an entry?) so it wouldn't make much sense to close this round with no entries at all  :sducky

The next prompt is open from now on as well by the way. It is: Sept/Oct - Draw your least favorite character.

Kinda expecting more participation on that one  :lol As always, drawing a scene from the ongoing LBT roleplay or drawing a scene from one of the previous fanfic prompt challenge entries is available as an alternative option :)

PS: @zero-point we are still waiting for you to vote  :OhYou
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So... today is the deadline and I've been working for 6-7 hours on my entry and now I'm fired out. Gotta have to submit late I'm afraid. Ugh, whenever deadlines approach art starts feeling like a chore :(

Anyway, I had enough time and didn't use it. And I was stupid enough to take on a time-intensive project again... a short comic with 12 frames. Only started drawing the actual frames today because I was struggling really hard getting decent sketches done. It's about half done now but... I might need a few more days, sorry. :(

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm so who's all joining in on the current prompt? Darkwolf you said you might join in on this one? I sort of have an idea myself that I'm finally starting to work out so hopefully I can finish in a reasonable time.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do you want to wait voting on the last one or start without my semi-finished comic? I'm fine either way, I'm not doing this to win but I'm clearly halting the process here.

And on a related note, this contest really needs someone in charge who isn't lax as me. We haven't even started voting (and I think we're still waiting for zero to vote on the previous previous one? I won't count it after the 10th now for sure!) and the next prompt is due in a month :sducky With me unable to draw until mid-october (vacation ^^) and having to finish the old one so at least I can show it... well, it'll be tough if it has to be an original idea of mine. (Not to mention that I kinda wanna do Inktober again this year...)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Yeah, I'll be participating for the "least favorite character" prompt ^^
I think we'll definitely have to re-structure how we do thing for next year... but that's going to take some thinking/planning, haha.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, we'll have to discuss new prompts sooner or later anyway.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And we'll have to discuss what rewards winners are supposed to get. We'll have another round of voting soon.

Anyway the results of the "OC prompt" are

Darkwolf91: 2
Ducky123: 1
Leventell: 1
Zero-point: 1
Flathead: 1

Thus DarkWolf is the winner, whohoo! :celebrate
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:44:00 PM by Ducky123 »

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It was a close one, everybody did a really great job this time :smile

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, sorry! This past month has completely destroyed my free time, so I'm a little late on this :lol
Looks like @Flathead770 is the default winner this time around, as he was the only entrant! The new prompt is active, and is as follows:

Nov/Dec - Draw something related to the Time of Great Giving.

OR, as always, you can draw a scene of your choice from any previous entry to the Fanfiction prompt challenge, or from the ongoing "LBT Roleplay in the style of the original movie" RP, found in the Land Before Time RPG section.

This is the final prompt of the year! Hopefully we can re-vamp this challenge next year to be a little more appealing. If anyone has any suggestions for changes they'd like to see implemented in the future, please feel free to post them here or message me :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
thanks for taking the initiative, I've been a little inactive due to the discord hassle.

Btw do we still need to do the voting for the previous prompt? I don't think there was a winner by default.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For the Daily Life/Survival prompt I think it was just LeventeII and myself who participated in that one, so no vote would take place.

I also forgot to congratulate you Darkwolf on your win for the OC prompt, so congrats! :smile
I guess I have a win now as well. Yay? :p

Already on the final prompt for the year. Man time flies. I already have a basic idea for this one and have a small amount planned out. Hoping to end this year on a good one!

As for ideas, I know that a requirement for the fanfiction prompt is to post it on FF.net to pull in people. We could do the same with DA or something? The issue with that though is that this prompt already seems to be pretty intimidating, adding an extra requirement could end up hurting it more. It could help with drawing in more artists to the GoF though (maybe).

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I once tried to hold a contest on the LBT fanclub there which is monitored by gof members (aka. for a  long while now just me) and participating was similar to the fanart prompt but died down after the second round.

But the idea itself is not half bad.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
While we're continuing to work on our last prompts (I hope you guys are :) ), I would like to ask.

Are there any prompts you would like to see in next year's prompt list? DarkWolf and I will have to do some brainstorming eventually but it'd be easier having some suggestions from everyone, participant or not :)

(Either way, due to the success of the OC prompt I think that one might return :D)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, please share your ideas! I've been a bit MIA lately, but I should be more vocal about this once final exams are over :smile
I also have an idea for a possible award banner for this challenge that won't take up too much signature space, and might be a fun incentive. Details coming soon :P

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I mentioned this a while back on discord, but drawing a sort of movie poster could be a whacky fun thing to do :p

As for this prompt, I started strong but as the way things are going now I'm almost certain going to go past the deadline. Haven't even finished the lineart, let alone colouring it in yet. Plus Smash is coming out to divert my attention as well as being gone for a week to visit the family over Christmas...darn it's going to be tough haha.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey at least you already started.

I didn't :sducky

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So we've got movie poster as a suggestion so far, really like it :) Could be with a twist too to design a poster of a fanfic (or make that two prompts! :P )

I'm proposing doing the OC prompt again too.

That's two possible prompts, any other ideas? I'd like to have a full list ready by 1/1/19 :)

(also, are we expecting any submissions for the last prompt of 2k18? I'm sorta trying to come up with something myself right now :P Deadline can be extended if it means more submissions, just ask. )

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As you know I'm working on mine but will be late submitting (by hopefully not too long haha)

OC one seems like a given due to it's high participation.

Haven't really come up with anything yet with being busy with Christmas and family. Hopefully I can come up with something else to add to the list.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That would be great!

I think I have some ideas by now but it doesn't sit well with me to decide them all on my own. At least if I don't hear from DarkWolf until New Years I'd like to hear your critical thoughts when I do release a preliminary list. At any case I'd put a prompt in for January/February which I do not doubt so people can get started in time.

PS: We'll have a voting for the last round of 2018, we'll have at least 3 submissions confirmed, even if one of them is coming late, it's absolutely fine! :)