The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Drawings by RainbowFaceProtege :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Alright, FINALLY finished my fanart prompt picture! Here's the Rainbow Faces meeting Crystal and Amber, the aliens from Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders...and trying out their disguises! Groovy, right? :lol  (I took two pictures of this, since one part is always upside-down in relation to the opposite part.)

I'm sorry that the picture quality isn't great--I'm gonna see if I can get better pictures tomorrow, when I have natural lighting on my side, but for now I just wanted to get this submitted before the deadline.

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess the two pictures were too large to submit together, so here's the second one:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha now this is a neat idea! I wonder if the aliens all have some sort of universal code not to mess too much with the planets they are visiting :p

Amazing job once again with the colouring! I like the mirroring you did with their disguises as well! Good to see you join in on the prompts as well!  :chompysmile

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recognize these two from Scooby Doo movie. :D
People in top-left picture are Rainbowfaces, as I understand?

Cool!

Edit:
I skipped your first post and picture. XD
So, it is indeed them then.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:23:02 AM by Sneak »

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ah, I remember those two! It's been forever since I saw that Scooby Doo movie!  :chompysmile I have just noticed Amber shares slight similarities with the Rainbow Faces. Coincidence I think not! Also really like the designs for the transformed Rainbow Faces. Poor male Rainbow Face is a dog.  :bestsharptooth Really happy to see more fanart of the Rainbow Faces along with some old characters.  :Mo Happy the other Aliens that the Rainbow Faces meet weren't the Yautja (Predator movies) or the Xenomorphs (Alien movies).  :lol
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 09:30:42 AM by Goldenwind »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I knew I wouldn't be the only 2000s kid in this place who was into Scooby-Doo. :Mo

@Flathead770 The general idea of the Rainbow Faces and Crystal and Amber is pretty similar for sure. Both pairs are friendly aliens researching Earth undercover, and both movies even end with the aliens leaving in very similar tractor beams. Even more interesting, both movies were released in 2000...I mean, really, I've gotta wonder if any of the same people were working on them!

@Sneak Yep, you got it. The Rainbow Faces are trying out the others' disguise methods, which you might remember are built into those peace-sign necklaces. They're not too sure about how this turned out! :lol

@Goldenwind I know, right? Amber looks so dinosaur-ish that when I was a kid, I had this headcanon that the Rainbow Faces were actually her species! Also, it was tons of fun turning the Rainbow Faces into a hippie-girl-and-her-dog pair. :lol I was grinning so much when I drew the male's reaction to what just happened! Haha, you're right, though...there are plenty of worse things that the Rainbow Faces could've gone through, had they run into certain other aliens! :p

I'm glad you guys enjoyed this picture! Now that the fanart prompt deadline has been extended, I'm actually going to take the opportunity to add a background to this (which I had planned earlier, but then I thought I was out of time for it).

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Oops, I have not been keeping up with this thread at all. Guilty as charged   :PCera I love the Pterano drawing! The colors work very nicely and that pose is like, peak Pterano, haha. As for the most recent drawing, I love the colors in that one as well! Nicely done!  :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, here's the new and improved version of my crossover: Now with Background! :Mo (I messed up a little in a couple spots, unfortunately...here's hoping it's not enough for you guys to notice!) :p

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Opposite side up:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh very cool! Really adds a lot to it! I'll make sure to update the masterlist to link to this one instead.

And nope, I can't see where you screwed up  :PCera

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks! @Flathead770 :)littlefoot If there's one thing I've learned about artwork over the years, it's that almost anything looks better with a background. :yes

And nope, I can't see where you screwed up  :PCera

Phew! :SmugSpike

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Opposite side up:

Love the vibrant colors Rainbow! Is the humaniods the human versions of the Rainbowfaces? Or just friends?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth Thank you, I'm pretty happy with how this background turned out! :chompysmile

As for the characters--this is my entry for the crossover fanart prompt, so there are two different pairs of characters here, shown in both human and alien form. The dark-haired girl and golden retriever are Crystal and Amber, from Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders, in their Earth disguises. Their planet learned about Earth by picking up transmissions of 60s TV shows, so that's why they dress like hippies. The peace sign necklaces they're wearing are what powers their disguises, so when the Rainbow Faces take the necklaces, the result is the flip side of this picture: the Rainbow Faces are now a blonde girl and a greyhound, and the blue aliens are Crystal and Amber's true forms. It was a lot of fun drawing this one!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth Thank you, I'm pretty happy with how this background turned out! :chompysmile

As for the characters--this is my entry for the crossover fanart prompt, so there are two different pairs of characters here, shown in both human and alien form. The dark-haired girl and golden retriever are Crystal and Amber, from Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders, in their Earth disguises. Their planet learned about Earth by picking up transmissions of 60s TV shows, so that's why they dress like hippies. The peace sign necklaces they're wearing are what powers their disguises, so when the Rainbow Faces take the necklaces, the result is the flip side of this picture: the Rainbow Faces are now a blonde girl and a greyhound, and the blue aliens are Crystal and Amber's true forms. It was a lot of fun drawing this one!

Thanks for the explanation. I was big Scooby-Doo fan myself. I watched all the original movies and even had trading cards. XD

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Oooh nice job with this! I love how you drew the rainbow faces and the colors are so vibrant! Nice work  :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks so much @jassy  :^^spike
@Gentle Sharptooth Gotta love Scooby-Doo! :Mo That was a big part of my childhood for sure (though not as much as LBT).

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I can do Scooby-Do voice saying Shaggy or Raggy! :D

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+