The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Voting

rhombus · 153 · 31655

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
My main concern would be that one suggested prompt would get all of the attention and then several others would be ignored.  But we have never used this system before, so my concerns might be unfounded.  Though I am unsure how to do voting for suggested prompts unless that is handled at the very end of the year.

It is a possibility. Myself, I always went for the major prompt and barely even scratched the surface of the other options. It was easier for me to come up with a plan rather than make one out of one word or piece of dialogue. I suppose the only way we'll know for sure how this kind of a system would work is to actually try it. If it works better and the concerns are unfounded, that's great. Trial and error.

I suppose we could allow multiple people claiming a single suggested prompt.

In that case would it be smart to set up a specific number of people that can claim a single suggested prompt? This of course relies heavily on the amount of participants. If there are only a few then they can either take the same one or a different one. There's definitely a lot to take into consideration here, but I feel it can work.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege

First of all, as RainbowfaceProtege was the only one of us to post a response to the prompt exchange, they are the winner of that month's prompt challenge by default.  Congratulations!   :)littlefoot  Please feel free to contact Darkwolf about acquiring a one-star banner for yourself.

As always, everyone else who participated in February may have the participation banner of their choice if you have not already selected one for this year.  :yes  If you need to pick out a banner please let Darkwolf know by PM.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege

First of all, as RainbowfaceProtege was the only one of us to post a response to the prompt exchange, they are the winner of that month's prompt challenge by default.  Congratulations!   :)littlefoot  Please feel free to contact Darkwolf about acquiring a one-star banner for yourself.

As always, everyone else who participated in February may have the participation banner of their choice if you have not already selected one for this year.  :yes  If you need to pick out a banner please let Darkwolf know by PM.
Thanks, but...what about your response to this prompt, Rhombus? :olittlefoot

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege

Thanks, but...what about your response to this prompt, Rhombus? :olittlefoot

I posted a response to it, but it was not in the allotted time.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth @Mouse-a-saur @The Mr E

Good evening, everyone!

My apologies for posting this so late, but I suppose it is better late than never.  :bestsharptooth  For the month of April we had quite the abundance of excellent entries.    For this voting period (which will end at 11:59:59 PM forum time on July 5, 2021) each of you will have the opportunity to vote for the following entries:

A New Era Hatches
Author: Rhombus
Used the requested alternate prompt: "Imprinting is an amazing thing.  In many species, a new hatchling will form a permanent emotional connection with the first thing it sees upon escaping from its egg. Write a story where an odd case of imprinting forms part of the narrative or premise."
Description:  Imprinting is a funny thing sometimes.  But, for three orphaned hidden runners, species means little.  Thankfully for them, Mother Mender is there in their first moments.
Gang of Five linkhttps://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17153.msg525752#msg525752
Fanfiction.net link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11964771/44/Mender-s-Tale

Night Night Flower
Author: Gentle Sharptooth
Description:  Pending
Gang of Five link:   https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17155.0
Fanfiction.net link: Pending

Treestar Memories
Author: Mouse-o-Saur
Description:  April 2021 Gang of Five forum's fanfiction/poem prompt, "Write a story from the point of view of this character: A leaf".
Gang of Five link:   https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17154.0
Fanfiction.net linkhttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/13857946/1/Treestar-Memories

Surviving a Sharpneck
Author: The Mr E
Description:  Cera seeks to prove that she's still the toughest girl in the gang. When she forces her new rival into a showdown, things escalate quickly.
Gang of Five linkhttps://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17205.msg527398#msg527398
Fanfiction.net linkhttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/13887635/1/Surviving-a-Sharpneck

Thank you all again for participating in the prompt challenge!  :)littlefoot Voting will be open for the next two weeks.  I look forward to seeing the results!

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
I vote for "Night Night Flower" by Gentle Sharptooth. I really liked the first-person POV that brings you closer to the flower's experience.  :MommaSmile

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

LBTlover247

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I vote for 'Surviving a Sharpneck'. I'm a fan of The Mr E's series and love their OC so it was nice to see some of the gang interact with her.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I vote for 'Surviving a Sharpneck'. I'm a fan of The Mr E's series and love their OC so it was nice to see some of the gang interact with her.

LBTlover, the voting for the prompt challenge is limited to those who posted a prompt for that month. Though you can certainly review the stories in question in their respective topics or on fanfiction.net. :yes

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@The Mr E

I am extending the voting period for one week in the event that you wish to vote.  :yes I want to try to avoid acting as a tie-break if at all possible, especially as I participated in this particular prompt. I have also moved the last few posts into the voting topic as it is my fault that they were in the wrong topic in the first place.  :bestsharptooth

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
So sorry @rhombus and everyone!  It seems I missed this notification!  I really wanted to vote, but Hurricane Elsa's knocked out the power in my area on my island for almost 5 days and I think it seriously threw off my social media groove!  I'm only just seeing it now, minutes after the deadline!  Anyway, I'm still willing.  If you could just wait a little longer, I should cast a vote a little later tonight, once I've finished reading the other stories.

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
If still applicable, I've  come to a conclusion.  The entries delivered great quality in different ways, and it comes down to a tough toss-up between 'Night Night Flower' and 'A New Era Hatches'.  If I'd read more of 'Mender's Tale', I'd probably have a stronger connection and sense of continuity with the setting and its components.  I've decided to vote for Night Night Flower, as it conclusively packs a brief, but evocative glimpse into the unique perspective of the prompt and Gentle Sharptooth's imagination.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth @LBTlover247

With all of the votes counted, Gentle Sharptooth's entry of "Night Night Flower" is the winner of the April 2021 prompt challenge! Congratulations, Gentle Sharptooth!  :)littlefoot Feel free to contact DarkWolf if you wish to have a banner for this accomplishment.  :yes

Meanwhile, for the month of May there was only one entry, LBTlover247's "Our Past and Our Future (Chapter 7)" and as such this entry wins by default. Congratulations, LBTlover247, and feel free to contact Darkwolf about your banner for that month.

As for everyone else, please keep in mind that the June prompt is still active until the end of the month, and July's prompt is open until the end of August.  :yes

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth @LBTlover247

With all of the votes counted, Gentle Sharptooth's entry of "Night Night Flower" is the winner of the April 2021 prompt challenge! Congratulations, Gentle Sharptooth!  :)littlefoot Feel free to contact DarkWolf if you wish to have a banner for this accomplishment.  :yes

Meanwhile, for the month of May there was only one entry, LBTlover247's "Our Past and Our Future (Chapter 7)" and as such this entry wins by default. Congratulations, LBTlover247, and feel free to contact Darkwolf about your banner for that month.

As for everyone else, please keep in mind that the June prompt is still active until the end of the month, and July's prompt is open until the end of August.  :yes

Woah! I am so honored! Sorry I just saw this. For some reason an alert didn’t notify me. I am so thankful to all who voted, read it, and for the prompt that stirred inspiration.

I shall contacted Dark Wolf about making a banner.

Thank you all! :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith