The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Guest posts?

mysterious beyonder

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Would it be weird if some of the people responsible for the new TV series posted on this forum?  Or would it be cool?  What do you think?

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think it would be neat if the producers of the TV series actually read what the older population of fans had to say, but the bad part is that they might get ideas (having humans appear in the LBT series, for example) that could cause potential harm to the franchise.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think not. These forums were made for LBT fans by LBT fans. So I'm sorry to disgree with you.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
True. To have it would be good yet bad. The ideas of other people would have an effect. Also people who don't like lbt or fans of it may spam us or make fun of us while we're online. So guest posts no!

mysterious beyonder

• Ruby
    • View Profile
people who don't like lbt or fans of it may spam us or make fun of us while we're online. So guest posts no!

I guess what I meant by "guest post" wan't that people could post anonymously (or as a "Guest"), but that someone involved with the TV show could visit the site (like a "guest" on a talk show) and try to answer questions about episodes, characters, behinds the scenes stuff, etc.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
People involved in the production of LBT have just as much of a right to read and post here as everyone else. In fact I think they could make very interesting contributions and perhaps get some good inspiration in return. I certainly wouldn't try to "ban" them from this board. Their being involved in the production of LBT would make them very interesting members, but this would not go along with some kind of first and second class kind of membership.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
i think it would be great. Just have to make sure that theres some protection for them. Like abillity to turn of private messages on the forums thigns like that. While i doubt any here would basically spam them once it got out others may sign up just to contact them via pm.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm...maybe they are and we don't know  :o
I think they're conserned about how their audience sees the series, but I dought they'd come here and start asking questions. Even if they did, they'd probably be discret. I'd like to talk to them though, there are quite a few questions I'd like to see answered.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Technically we did have a guest here at one time in the terms you're talking of: Aria (voice of Ducky) stopped by a couple of years ago for a couple of posts.  Other than that, unless they're going anonymously, we haven't heard of anyone on the production team that comes here.

Would it be nice?  I suppose it would be nice to have some sort of connection to the real thing.  I just wouldn't want it to be overwhelming once it became known who the poster is because I don't know if they'd have the time for what could become a question-answer session...

They're welcome to post if they want.  There's nothing stopping it.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Apr 20 2007 on  09:10 AM
Hmm...maybe they are and we don't know  :o
I think they're conserned about how their audience sees the series, but I dought they'd come here and start asking questions. Even if they did, they'd probably be discret. I'd like to talk to them though, there are quite a few questions I'd like to see answered.
Thats something you need to understand about most stars producers etc. When they are just hanging out they in general dont want to talk much about what it is they do. The would rather talk about the latest movie they seen than about the latest they made or stared in. Ive got a contact list of prob a dozen tv stars producers etc. And its always the same they would rather just hang out and chat about pretty much any thing but what they do for a living. Thats why in general they tend to not hang out on fan forums and sites for any thing more than a few question and answer sessions.

I know that at least one of those ive chated with over the years hangs out on dslreports and no one even knows who he really is but me. Turns out he had a problem with his comp i could not figure out and in the end i pointed him to dslreports. That was about 3 or 4 years ago.

Digi-Dragon

• Ruby
    • View Profile
This would be a great idea! I've gone to websites that have done this before, and it's always fun to talk to someone involved in the creation of the show or game or movie or whatnot you like. If we could ever get someone to come here again (or, heck, if they came on their own accord), I'd definately enjoy it.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Digi-Dragon,Apr 21 2007 on  04:24 PM
This would be a great idea! I've gone to websites that have done this before, and it's always fun to talk to someone involved in the creation of the show or game or movie or whatnot you like. If we could ever get someone to come here again (or, heck, if they came on their own accord), I'd definately enjoy it.
Just remember if at some point one fo those who work on the series or any of the films do come here they may do a Q and A about the films series etc. But if they stay here and keep posting they will not want to be recieving constant pms about a choice they made in the such and such episode or film. Ive poken with some fairly well known people online (a fairly large number of times) on the phone a couple times and in person once or twice. In all case the last thing they wanted to talk about was their latest role or what have you. In their day to day lives they like to do the sme sort of things any other person does. One person i know is quite good at 3d art i talk to him a fair bit on msn. Hes a well known author in some circles. Illl give you the smallest hint alot of the cover art on his book was done by him in 3ds max 7.0.

Hes a really a laid back type of person and hates to talk about his books unless he needs feed back one one hes writing.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You can disable your PM box on these places.  That would stop a flood of messages; the admins could handle the rest.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Apr 21 2007 on  06:39 PM
You can disable your PM box on these places.  That would stop a flood of messages; the admins could handle the rest.
Thats true. But i think if one were to stop by and after a Q and A session we all just did not ask any more questions about their work they would tend to stay and contribute all on their own. Wich was more what i ment. Once any such Q and A session was over that needs to be the end of it no one last question questions. I think every one here would avoid such things. Least those currently here but hey were also all human and would love to get all our questions answered  so we all need to resist the urge to ask that one last question question.

I mean shoot if don bluth or any of the crew from the firts film were to stop by there are so many things id want to ask them. Same goes for cast and crew of any of the sequels or series. Id say if by some chance one or more of them came it would be a good idea to have some format for questions. Like 3 questions per active poster here or something. We would then submit those questions to a moderator or 3 who would then pass the questions on to the person in question. Thats sort of how the chat with the stars of the show after the show irc type chats work.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In case of Bluth we do have the possibility to ask questions. His webpage includes a link to ask questions usually answered by Garry Goldman who was involved in the production of the original LBT movie too.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 22 2007 on  02:59 AM
In case of Bluth we do have the possibility to ask questions. His webpage includes a link to ask questions usually answered by Garry Goldman who was involved in the production of the original LBT movie too.
Yep ive used the link probably 50 times over the years. Always get a response with in 2 days less they are out of town in that case it may take a little longer. Not quite the same though. On forums when one andswer leads to another question we could just ask it while with the contact us link we need to wait a day or 3 to get a response. Comes down to the same deal i posted in the why is this so rare post. They did not just make land before time but many other movies as well. So they get say a dozen or so questions on each movie and need to answer each question.

Ryuukokoro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
THis is a neat idea! ^_^ I'm convinced that the designers of My Little Ponies 'spy' on the collectors' boards I frequent. There's been many, many times when ideas we talk about actually show up a year later in the stores! Many people say it's just coincidence, but I'm a firm believer that they are 'spying' on us and using our ideas! Of course they can't say anything because then copyright laws get involved. We've never had anyone on the board actually admit to working for Hasbro, but I bet they at least keep tabs on what is being said.