The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Soundtrack Removed From YouTube

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, Universal has claimed full ownership of the soundtrack of The Land Before Time on YouTube.  As such, I had to remove the video on my account that had the full soundtrack because it was blocked worldwide.

On top of that, both of the original trailers for the movie are now blocked from Germany.

I'm not getting why they are claiming ownership.  Yes, I know they own it and they have the right, but what's the point?  It's not like they're losing out.

I'm just not getting Universal these days.  It seems like ever since the new ownership back when the final movie came out, things have been going downhill in my eyes.

I just don't get their thinking anymore. -_-

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoo, I'm so glad I downloaded it a few days ago with Tube Box...

Yeah... I remembered that they blocked it in Germany -.- For some time I couldn't listen to the soundtrack.....

I don't understand them either... if they can make so much fuzz about the ownership then they can produce another LBT movie or make an anniversary edition...
Inactive, probably forever.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, it IS their property. Even with production shut down, they might still be hoping to make money off what they already have out there.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think it's greed now these days. All these multi billion dollars movie companies only care about making a profit and not there fan base. It's sad to see now on youtube only select sequel song's can be found there. I hope they stay up for a while longer. And they have become selfish as well.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Maybe they felt that they deserved the money that they were losing since, you know, they totally don't have enough already.  :rolleyes  Good luck aquiring all the currency in the world, Universal!  :anger

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom,Jun 19 2013 on  06:05 PM
Maybe they felt that they deserved the money that they were losing since, you know, they totally don't have enough already.  :rolleyes  Good luck aquiring all the currency in the world, Universal!  :anger
Well there are called Universal. There want all the money in the universe! :wow

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mr Wonk,Jun 19 2013 on  06:20 PM
Quote from: Phantom,Jun 19 2013 on  06:05 PM
Maybe they felt that they deserved the money that they were losing since, you know, they totally don't have enough already.  :rolleyes  Good luck aquiring all the currency in the world, Universal!  :anger
Well there are called Universal. There want all the money in the universe! :wow
That . . . makes so much sense, it's scary!