The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I Just Got an Iphone

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well a client of mine wasn't able to pay for a computer they wanted so they gave me an Iphone as part of the compensation.  It was useless to me so I jailbroke it (which was surprisingly easy) to work with my cell phone company.  I've been using it for a few days now and I've got to say, it beats the pants off my Tmobile Wing.  Of course, my Wing is like 6 years old. :p I don't like how thin it is, but I do like the Ipod feature.  Now I can get rid of my real Ipod.  Of course it's only 8gb though whereas my Nano (which I also got in a trade) is 16gb.  But anyway, the features are pretty cool and I love not having to sign a contract.  It's just a 3G so nothing too special, but it's okay for what I use it for.  The screen is only a little bigger than my Wing and I find internet browsing on it just as terrible as my Wing, but it's nice to have a new phone.  Overall my opinion of the Iphone 3G is pretty good.  It's a heck of a lot better than the 2G.  I'm even thinking of developing a few apps for the thing.  But anyway, Apple does make good hardware.  I'm not disputing that.  It's just waaaaaaay overpriced.  I would never have gotten one except in a trade like I did.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh the Iphoneeeee.  I had gotten a 3G back when it first came out, which was quite the internal battle for me since I'm an apple hater.  But my mom had asked me one day if I wanted a new phone, I had some crappy generic flip phone at the time, and offered to get me an Iphone.  I don't what she was on that day but I decided to take it.  Had it for two years, the longest any of my phones have survived, and it was the most polar love hate relationship in the world.  I fell in love with the features, the whole smart phone idea, the way it handles texts, mobile internet, the whole deal.  But at the same time it was the single most frustrating part my life.  It has sooooo many tiny issues, little annoying problems.  This past summer it was time to move on, the phone was worse for ware and slowed down to the useless point, so I got the Iphone 4.  HUGE MISTAKE.  The problem with the dropped calls, 100% true.  And the thing you don't really hear about is when your talking on the phone your cheek presses buttons.  The feature that is supposed to turn the screen off when its near your face doesn't work.  Still, if I want to have my parents pay for my service, I'm on AT&T and I really don't have the right to complain.  So until AT&T gets a Droid, I'm stuck.