The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sharptooth Showcase - January 2020

rhombus · 72 · 10121

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
bye, Impractical...
You would be good meal. You will be missed.

Heh, actually, I wonder, did Sharptooth ever have a mate, or would he have girlfriend if he is still alive? Or he will be "lone dinosaur" all the life? :D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
bye, Impractical...
You would be good meal. You will be missed.

Heh, actually, I wonder, did Sharptooth ever have a mate, or would he have girlfriend if he is still alive? Or he will be "lone dinosaur" all the life? :D

His girlfriend would probably be even more terrifying and ravenous then he is!

...I mean, just imagine the constant amount of nagging and whining when he fails to capture five measly baby leaf eaters. Poor Sharptooth will be lectured and abused to death!
:opetrie

So now with the ship officially established, the fanfic idea based on it is up for grabs. :PCera

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I don’t know why I didn’t do this the first time I laid my eyes on the drawing, but...

Tickles x Sharptooth <3

There, the ship has been made. :p

You've inspired my next fanfic idea. :P

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
^Well, considering that February is that month, perhaps you can carry out your plan after all. :goodluck

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don’t know why I didn’t do this the first time I laid my eyes on the drawing, but...

Tickles x Sharptooth <3

I can’t wait. :P
I inspired like 4 fanfic ideas for you at this point. :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

Tickles x Sharptooth <3

I am very interested to see a fanfc being made from this. X) A cute little mouse and huge threatening Sharptooth duo is the best idea of 2020, hands down.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, I was actually joking when I said that. :P Even though Impractical has inspired a couple of my other stories. But with 'Tickles x Sharptooth', I have a hard time seeing how that ship could be done well unless it were a deliberately silly story and/or a crack fic. But, you never know. Maybe I will try it out sometime just for fun. :p

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am very interested to see a fanfc being made from this. X) A cute little mouse and huge threatening Sharptooth duo is the best idea of 2020, hands down.

Lol, I most definitely agree! :chompysmile

Haha, I was actually joking when I said that. :P Even though Impractical has inspired a couple of my other stories. But with 'Tickles x Sharptooth', I have a hard time seeing how that ship could be done well unless it were a deliberately silly story and/or a crack fic. But, you never know. Maybe I will try it out sometime just for fun. :p

:(

But tbh, I was thinking a silly story/crack fic too. It would be awesome though if you could somehow make this a serious fanfic with a convoluted plot and everything. :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, I apologize for getting your guys' hopes up. It was a joke story idea I came up with; I didn't realize it was an idea people would genuinely like.

We'll see though. You may have inspired me after all. No promises, but I will give it some honest consideration and see if I can come up with something. Chances are pretty good that it will be a crack fic though. :smile

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^If you're seriously considering going with this plan, be prepared for some tryhard feedback from numerous people. ::)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Ok, "celebration" took 31 days for me. XD
Before Sharptooth eats me, I will write some words.

I won't say obvious things why this sharptotoh can be easily considered as the most scary and dangerous predator in LBT, not affected by "sharpteeth stupidity" unlike others of his kind. He appeared in original movie, the darkest and the most serious one after all. :)
I love antagonists in stories, especially when they're perfect. This guy is at the top of my fav LBT characters list, on position #3. And even if I still considered Sharptooth as just some pure vile force that opposed main characters in their journey, I believe he still would be at the top positions in the list. :)

But gladly, I quite changed my opinion about Sharptooth during the years, and I think it makes him even better. :D

When I was a kid, and watched only original movie, I considered Shrptooth as some kind of soulless monster, pure villain. Just some evil force that can be only opposed. I watched a lot of cartoons where some wild antagonistic predatory animal was pictured. I was sacred of them and didn't try to understand their charscters. D:
And yeah, I remember I had nightmares, starring with our lovely Sharptooth. :D

Later, after I watched sequels, when I was at the age when I started to analize all characters in movies and books, including antagonists, I still considered him as evil creature who wants only blood. I understood that predators have to kill other living beings to survive, especially in universe of LBT1, where theme of survival in semi-apocalyptic world is main one. I remembered introducing Chomper character and his parents, the same type of sharptooth. I found out additional motive for Sharptooth - revenge for his injured eyes, I discovered this detail only after reading discussions. But. Still - I couldn't... no, I refused to see him anything but villain. The best, the scariest, and the most dangerous villain in LBT series.

And then...
One day...
I did read Don Bluth's analysis about Sharptooth. Right here on this forum.
And not so long after, I watched a couple other cartoons that contained some very interesting details related to its antagonists.
And after that - I finally changed my view of this character completely.

All these thoughts about his actions and motive. Simple hunt for survival, uncontrollable rage state he possibly enters during intense fights and getting injury, his revenge on kids for injured eye and attempts to kill him during the climax fight. Thoughts about detecting borders between being villain and normal character with understandable strong motives and desires. Thoughts about how Sharptotoh would live in normal life, living in his own great valley - no dangers, food and water, maybe even family...
All these thoughts made me like him even more. :')
6/14
0/26

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, I apologize for getting your guys' hopes up. It was a joke story idea I came up with; I didn't realize it was an idea people would genuinely like.

We'll see though. You may have inspired me after all. No promises, but I will give it some honest consideration and see if I can come up with something. Chances are pretty good that it will be a crack fic though. :smile

I proposed the idea first though. . . right? :p

^If you're seriously considering going with this plan, be prepared for some tryhard feedback from numerous people. ::)

Especially me. ;) ;)Cera

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I proposed the idea first though. . . right? :p
You came up with the initial ship, then I was the one who suggested writing a story about it. So I guess we can both take credit for it then? :cheers

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darn, missed my chance to finish my prompt drawing for the showcase. Oh well, I guess I'll just quickly share this older drawing I drew for Sneaks birthday a couple years ago of Sharptooth standing over a dead Red Claw.

1) How do you see the original Sharptooth in terms of his motivations?  Is he to be seen as a villain, or as merely another hungry predator in the Mysterious Beyond?

2) What qualities do you think the original Sharptooth has that subsequent sharpteeth in the series lacked?
1) I generally think that his motivation was not villainous and was simply just a predator. It's unsure if he was actively hunting the gang. He could have very well been following the herd of Longnecks that ate all the food in the fake valley

2) I think we all know how incompetent some of the later sharpteeth can be. A lot of the time they will just sit there and let the gang run in between their legs or wait for them to finish screaming :p And obviously having Sharptooth kill Littlefoot's mother sets the level of danger higher then any other following sharptooth could ever match.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I forgot there's two questions about Sharptooth.
Well. that's exactly what I didn't want to repeat. :P

1) He was hungry, who knows, maybe at the end he was not so far from being starved to death(?). But he also had revenge motive, that makes him act against nature, and that put him at the borders of being viillain. But hat the heck, in release version of the movie, Littlefoot did the same revenge (I believe it was also hidden motive in script version too), putting lives of his friends in danger, so he's the same bad as Sharpotooth.

2) XD Sharptooth gave you absolute feling of fear and threat. His extreme level of invinsibility, agility and strength only helped him with that.
A very few sharpteeth in sequels caused me to feel the same feelings. Someof them had some level of threat, some of them - agility, some of them - invinsibility. But it was not the same. Far not the same. And endless stupidity or funny moments during their encounters only made it worse.
6/14
0/26

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That is a great drawing, Flathead. I think there are many who wish Red Claw and the original Sharptooth could switch places with each other. He was so much more terrifying and actually a real threat to the Gang. Whereas Red Claw has been simply just an annoying obstacle most of the time, and the title of being the ''biggest and meanest'' of them all, certainly doesn't fit him as well it does with the Sharptooth. As for the drawing itself, it really depicts that mentality in a great way and I quite like the expression on the victor's face. Although, the way Red Claw's tail seem to curl is rather strange looking and his left foot looks out of place. Still, this was a real treat to see from you. Keep those amazing drawings coming, Flathead! :chompysmile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) He was hungry, who knows, maybe at the end he was not so far from being starved to death(?). But he also had revenge motive, that makes him act against nature, and that put him at the borders of being viillain. But hat the heck, in release version of the movie, Littlefoot did the same revenge (I believe it was also hidden motive in script version too), putting lives of his friends in danger, so he's the same bad as Sharpotooth.

I agree with that mostly, but in my opinion Littlefoot and his friends would’ve been eventually forced to get rid of Sharptooth once and for all since he was going to threaten eventually in the Great Valley. So while Littlefoot may have put his friends in danger initially, it led to a a very long term positive outcome — living peacefully in the Great Valley. So, I’d say that’s his main reason, plus a twinge of revenge too.

I have nothing much to say about your drawing Flathead, but I really liked it. Shading is good as always, and I just love how pathetic Red Claw looks here, truly a sentiment to how he is not superior to the original Sharptooth in any way. The Gang of Seven could run over that guy any day tbh. :P
The tail on Red Claw isn’t too much of a problem for me, but I agree with Anagnos’ that his left foot looks out of place. But overall, good job!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Since I missed Sharptooth Showcase, I made this inspirational poster in his honor:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 04:22:10 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
OSOM! :D

Even despite I doesn't know what "tenacity" means. XD
*opens English dictionary*
6/14
0/26

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
OSOM! :D

Even despite I doesn't know what "tenacity" means. XD
*opens English dictionary*

Thanks Sneak

Tenacity
Synonym: determination
Sharptooth is tenacious in his prusuit of the Gang. :) 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith