The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New LBT Carry Case

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was walking around the Electronics area, and I found this little thing and took a picture of it with my cell phone.

(I know, the quality isn't perfect.  My phone camera isn't the best thing. :P:)

This is a carrying case for LBT movies.  The ones in this case are LBT 8 and 9.

I don't know what's up, but it's something, and it shows LBT isn't dead yet. :D

EDIT: Better picture posted.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
"Watch on the Go"?  What is this?  I'm confused....... -_-

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 8 2008 on  10:22 PM
"Watch on the Go"?  What is this?  I'm confused....... -_-
To be honest, I wish I knew.

EDIT:

Okay, I just Googled all the info on it I could and found nothing.  Then again, I'm not surprised.  This is a brand new item at my store and we usually get new stuff on launch day. (Sometimes a few hours before other stores.) Give it a few weeks and something might appear on the net. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Most people put dvds in those leather cases on the go anyway, why would they need this?  Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel if this is simply a dvd holder for travel.  :rolleyes:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 9 2008 on  03:42 AM
Most people put dvds in those leather cases on the go anyway, why would they need this?  Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel if this is simply a dvd holder for travel.  :rolleyes:
Along with having LBT 8 and 9 in it apparently.  So, if you still haven't gotten those yet, here's your chance. :)

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd like to get those in that case. But I also don't want to since it would confirm my renewed interest in the series to my siblings and they're both at the point where they regard anything that is animated as being childish.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Drake,Aug 9 2008 on  05:43 PM
I'd like to get those in that case. But I also don't want to since it would confirm my renewed interest in the series to my siblings and they're both at the point where they regard anything that is animated as being childish.
But.. If you could get them interested too, that would be fun right? I mean.. My brother thought everything was childish too, but I didn't really care. And now he happily watches with me sometimes.. ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Drake,Aug 9 2008 on  08:43 AM
Screw what others think of LBT.  You like it?  Then watch it and don't care what they think.  They're the ones missing out on something great.

Also, if everything animated is considered childish, then that would make things like Family Guy childish, and they have proven to be anything but that. :D

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
But.. If you could get them interested too, that would be fun right?

It would be nice, but so far I've minimal success in getting them interested in the stuff I like.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well.. That's not so nice. I guess, with me it's easier because I keep on singing along songs, until they know it too. And when they get interested in those songs they get interested in movie :p That was how it went for me.. somehow.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is the general American (no idea of Europe or other parts of the world) that anything animated is strictly childish and for kids only.   Such folks would likely be surprised at the fact some animated movies & tv series are done with an adult audience in mind, likely only in japan where, from what little I know of their culture, animated stuff does not have the stigma it does in other parts of the world or us.  

And that does not count the +18 only naughty animated stuff that is out there & done by some professional places (again likely mostly or only in Japan.   I'm not an anime expert, just have some knowledge I've picked up.

One of the benefits of being old.   :p

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I dislike that part of American culture. Animation isn't much different from live-action.

I do know that some of the shows in Japan that are targeted at young audiences would probably get a PG-13 rating if they were translated and shown in their whole entirity over here.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In regards to animated entertainment being so-called "childish," that is total BS.  Stereotypes are only believed by ignorant folks and should not be followed <_<.  Heck, I'll be ninety(hopefully) and still be spewing Pepsi out of my sniffer from laughing at Tom and Jerry :lol!  Bottom line:  Be yourself, embrace yourself, and don't give a crap what anyone else thinks of ya :nyah.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Getting back on topic with the case, I took a closer look and it definitely has LBT 8 & 9 in it.  It also has an Activity Book inside.  That will be something fun for kids. :)

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good, I need (perhaps that's not the best choice of word) both of those. I would really like to get Land Before Time 5 though since it's the movie that features Chomper's return.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked those 3 movies, 5, 8 & 9.    I guess the activity book is something kids can do after they've watched the movies and still want something to do, or their parents want to keep them quiet.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry but this is a poor excuse for something new.  It's almost as useless as having a VCR or DVD player with a handle for portability when they're not portable or heavy! :blink:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 10 2008 on  09:53 PM
Sorry but this is a poor excuse for something new.  It's almost as useless as having a VCR or DVD player with a handle for portability when they're not portable or heavy! :blink:
Good or poor, something new for LBT shows it's not dead yet. :P: