The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Aria it is!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi!
Littlefoot-1616, Threehorn, and I just received a mail from Aria's mum. A mail with happy news as I suppose all of us are concerned  :)
It reads:
HI GUYS! IT IS OFFICIAL! THEY CALLED AND SIGNED ARIA ON TO THE
LBT SERIES AS DUCKY. (...) WE
HAVE HINT AS TO WHO WAS WRITING THAT FALSE STUFF ON WIKIPEDIA.
HOPEFULLY IT WILL STAY CORRECTED. BEST, MELODY
This means that we will have Aria as Ducky in the series and she will continue her great performance as Ducky.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
It is official! Dear sweet Miss Curzon is coming back as our beloved Ducky! :D Got the mail too! Great news huh?! At least now we have one person confirmed and they're sticking to their guns!....well...dinosaurs...LOL :DD

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes! I always liked Aria's Ducky voice. I'm glad that she's doing it.

@\Raptor/@

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
yes it great news! Bring out the Party poppers and lets to the Dinosaur dance! lol

Aria is the best for Ducky's voice no one else should do it! Oh no no no!

-Threehorn

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
More news on Aria's development fresh off the steamer!

Voice recordings for the first episode of the LBT series begins on this coming Wednesday! Aria's mother just contacted me saying that the first episode involved Ducky apparently "saving the day". Here's the mail I got:

I will tell you that Aria goes in for her first recording
(Episode 1!) of The Land Before Time Series in 2 days!!!! (Wednesday!) And in the script, Ducky gets to save the day!!
Cool huh?

I'm expecting a little more info but as soon as I know...  ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thank you for sharing these news with us mate! :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Good. Aria is definitely good at the role of Ducky and it's definitely good that she's staying on the cast for a while longer.

But how are they going to have Ducky, of all characters, save the day?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I suppose there are many ways. She is a very good swimmer, smaller than all of the others (except for Petrie), cheerful, good-natured... There are many possibilities for somebody like her to save the day.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No arguments there Malte!

This has the potential to go anywhere. I could be something simple like Ducky finding something of great personal importance or she could do something very self-sacrificial and save the day that way (not saying she's gonna end her life for a noble cause just in case that gets mis-intrepreted).

As I said before, I've been promised a little more info on the subject so once I get it thru you guys are first priority ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Perhaps...I suppose, other than Petrie with his flying, she's the most likely one to call the adults for help.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I reckon the stories for the series (unless they are going to be sequels of one story stretching over several sequels) may be much simpler than those from the movies we have seen so far. This doesn't necessarily mean those stories wouldn't be good.
A number of audio plays have been released in Germany based on books which were published in America. Those audio plays tell sort of everyday life stories from the Great Valley, but they are really not to bad. They can well fill half an hour and if realized well they could make for really nice little movies. I wonder if perhaps this is what might be done. It would not be enough to fill 29 sequels, but it would make for six.

It may be as you suspect WR, yet I also think both Ducky and Petrie can do more than just calling somebody else for help. It depends on the situation of course.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Malte, I could crush those two with my foot, and Littlefoot has proven himself to be the only one in the entire group who can think up a workable plan. What can they possible do, really?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Both of them may for example be able to reach places the others can't reach (flying, swimming, or crawling through narrow passages). I confess that this alone seems to be little if the problem or danger we are talking about has say... sharp teeth each of which is about as long as Ducky or Petrie. There are other kinds of troubles though in which their abilities and incapabilities may proove more adequate than the strength of all the others combined (which under usual circumstances wouldn't help against that danger with the sharp teeth either). I'm not likely to hit any mark with my wild stories but how about the fact that Ducky is probably the most unbiassed one of the gang. Littlefoot would be a possible exception so we would have to find someone Littlefoot is biassed against, and all of the others are biassed against so Ducky would remain as a link to make contact to such a character. Hmmm... I admit that this too would probably result in such a character's rather than Ducky's actions.
Nevertheless I'm sure there are possibilities and that you are underestimating the little ones. Don't forget about Petrie's attacking sharptooth's eye in the original movie or the job Ducky did on that occassion. I think something can be made of it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
As long as it's kept within reason, I suppose. No tickling the raptors or tripping the T-rexes with their bodies, though, please!  :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You know we are in total agreement about that!  :lol:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Sounds like more and more great news comes from the dark to the bright light keep it rolling and we will get more and share more information to everyone :)

-Threehorn

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Info update!

The first episode has already been recorded! All's gone well apparently and recording due to carry on right up until August! Quite a time scale! Maybe we're looking at about 20 odd episodes maybe?! Good prgress so far by the sounds of it! ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
26 is the standard fair number of episodes for a season, so I'm going to guess that's how many there are going to be, starting off.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No way!!!  :o I'm just waiting for these episodes to be aired in Mexico! *jumps on excitation*