The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When Younger, I liked and disliked...

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A lot of people's tastes in food change as they get older. I am a prime example. When I was young, I hated salad, but these days, I eat them all the time and happily. I did not like watermelon as a child, but I did like cantaloupe. As an adult, that is reversed. I no longer enjoy cantaloupe at all and love watermelon passionately now. I used to want nothing on my hamburgers, and now I prefer them loaded. I used to prefer nothing on my french fries but salt, now I prefer catchup. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. What food preferences of you guys have changed as you got older?

(How ironic that this thread is in a place called "The Fridge." :p

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
When I was younger, I hated milk...like so BADD!!!!  My mom would give it to me daily and I was just smirked and avoid.  She would then shove it down my throat.  Now, I love milk.  I drink so much, that my doctor has me on a lactaid diet. (not sure what it is called, but you get the point.)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When I was younger, I despised yellow squash, zucchini, raw onions, celery, blueberries, plums, dark grapes, and bananas.  At the same time, I loved dairy products, any junk food placed in front me, and soda.

Years later, I developed lactose intolerance and can no longer consume dairy products.  I can't stand most junk food, the only soda I ever drink is sweetened with Stevia, and my diet is mostly fruits, veggies, and grains, including the ones I used to despise :smile.

Bruton the Iguanodon

When I was younger I didn't eat much chinise food other then rice, though I eat pretty much all of it now.

Also, when I was younger, I used to hate having cheese on pizza, so the pizza place we would get our pizza at, Papa Murphy's, would do mine without cheese. It was great!

And then, around the beginning of 2003, I started eating cheese. It was a very quick change, and a convinient one at that!  :D

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Ah, pizza. My all-time favorite food in the world.

Okay, stick to the topic! When I was younger, I used to want nothing but cheese and pepperoni, and this continues today. However, somewhere around the beginning of 2006, I started to complain that pepperoni was just too spicy, and until recently, I quit eating pepperoni on my pizza. Nowadays, it's not bad after all!

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
When I was younger, I loved those little ramen cup-o'-soups, and was very sensitive to sugar. No cookies for me, except sugar cookies, and then I might have one cookie and that was it.

Now I can't stand the cup-o'-soups, and any cookies that don't have peanutbutter or ginger/nutmeg/cinnamon are of in danger of going extinct in this household. :p

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
When I was younger, I loved bananas.

Now, I hate them in fruit form.  Banana bread I can tolerate, but I don't like the texture of the fruit.  :p

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
When I was younger I hated hotdogs, now I love them. Strange thing, while I hated hotdogs, I loved chili dogs, weird. :crazy

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm exactly the same!

I remember one time we were going over to a friend's house for a barbecue. I was extremely excited because my parents had told me that they were serving steak--and I loved steak (still do). I could hardly wait. Then we showed up and--surprise!--what my parents had totally failed to mention was that they were only giving the adults steak. The kids had to eat hot dogs. And I literally broke down in tears. Not only would I not get my favorite food, which I'd been looking forward to all day, it had been substituted with one of the foods I hated most.  :lol:

I'm pretty sure the only reason I was willing to try chili dogs was because I was a fan of Sonic. I still hated hot dogs at the time so even my mom was surprised that I wanted to try them. But I loved them immediately. I guess the chili, cheese and pickle mask the hot dog flavor just enough to make it taste good.

Nowadays, I do like hot dogs as long as they come with ketchup, mustard and dill relish, specifically. I'm still not fond of them in any other form, though.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
When I was younger I would only eat white bread because whole wheat bread was too tough.
Now I only eat whole wheat or whole grain bread because white bread falls apart too easy.  :p

However, most of my other food preferences have stayed the same or intensified as I got older!  :crazy

BigFriendlyGun9000

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
When I was younger, I hated hot sauce. Now, I eat it with a spoon. Well, the lighter ones anyway.
The really hot ones I can only eat if they're on something-chicken wings, for example

Also when I was younger, I loved cheddar cheese. Now, to an incident when I ate too many and...vomited, I HATE cheese. I can't even eat cheeseburgers unless I put so much ketchup and mustard the burger is 75 percent condiment, 10 percent burger, 10 percent bun, 3 percent pickle, and 2 percent cheese.

Yeah, I don't know how percentage of toppings on my burger matter ether.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
When I was younger, I disliked Darkwing Duck. I thought it was "stupid"...but now I love it.
Until very recently, I can say that I highly disliked Disney Channel, but now I...mildly dislike it, if only because I've fallen in love with Fish Hooks and Gravity Falls...I kinda think Phineas and Ferb is overrated, but I still watch it and get some really good laughs at some really good jokes.

Also, when I was younger, I disliked lasagna because of an event that I threw up after eating it (when I was sick), but now I like it...not as much as I've always liked spaghetti, though!

I used to like cereal with milk, but now I don't because it just can't stay in my stomach...at all! Well, in the mornings, that is. I'll have some occasionally now, but only in the middle of the day or at night. This is tied to my relationship with bananas. While I usually don't like them, I loooooooove them in Cheerioes with milk. Something about the three of those together just makes my tongue melt.

That's terrible, Ghostfishe D8 !

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ghostfishe,Oct 11 2012 on  11:51 AM
I'm exactly the same!

I remember one time we were going over to a friend's house for a barbecue. I was extremely excited because my parents had told me that they were serving steak--and I loved steak (still do). I could hardly wait. Then we showed up and--surprise!--what my parents had totally failed to mention was that they were only giving the adults steak. The kids had to eat hot dogs. And I literally broke down in tears. Not only would I not get my favorite food, which I'd been looking forward to all day, it had been substituted with one of the foods I hated most.  :lol:

I'm pretty sure the only reason I was willing to try chili dogs was because I was a fan of Sonic. I still hated hot dogs at the time so even my mom was surprised that I wanted to try them. But I loved them immediately. I guess the chili, cheese and pickle mask the hot dog flavor just enough to make it taste good.

Nowadays, I do like hot dogs as long as they come with ketchup, mustard and dill relish, specifically. I'm still not fond of them in any other form, though.
How sad! I was sort of like that too!

I actually used to not really care for hot dogs, but that was probably because they were microwaved most of the time. Nowadays, I love hot dogs, as long as they're either cooked up or barbecued (preferrably barbecued, because it tastes saltier that way, and I love that flavor!)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
When I was younger, I didn't have a strong appreciation for Lord of the Rings.

Now...well, let's just say I'm watching a documentary about how deeply rooted it is with real life...okay, Tolkien's real life. Especially in the reality of World War One