The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 55906

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Good to know, thanks for the info! @Flathead770 I'll definitely get started sooner than last time, though. ;)Cera

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just giving a heads up that we're now at the half way mark for the current prompt to draw a comic!

I've gotten a chunk of mine done so far so I think I'm on track to finish it in time :p Has anyone else started on theirs?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just a little over a week left until the end of the prompt. I know Ducky123 and Mumbling have dropped out. How's things coming along on your end @RainbowFaceProtege ?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's going pretty good. My comic is just one page, so it shouldn't be much trouble to finish. :)petrie

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege Can't wait to see it!  :chompysmile

@Flathead770 Already commented on your piece on DA. Brootie is awesome. :PCera

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cool Rainbow! I'll be looking forward to it!  :)littlefoot

I did see that Goldenwind, thanks!  :rhett_smile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
I’ll be able to post mine today, I’m nearly finished with it after a long time procrastinating.  :PCera
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I want to thank everyone who participated in submitting comics for this prompt! I know it was a tougher one but it was neat to see what people came up with! But now that this current prompt is now drawing to a close and everyone that was vocal about submitting a prompt has now done so I figure it's a good time officially start the next prompt! The next one is:

July/Aug: Book cover: Create a book cover for your favorite book, with LBT characters! Alternatively: draw a cover for a LBT fanfic (make sure to ask the author for permission first)!

This one could be interesting. Much like the crossover prompt earlier this year, it can allow for some interesting creativity with showcasing the LBT characters in a new light or by trying to encapsulate a whole fanfiction into a single drawing. I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
July/Aug: Book cover: Create a book cover for your favorite book, with LBT characters!
I'm not sure the LBT gang would combine that well with the Harry Potter world, though. :bestsharptooth

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You never know  :OhYou

Maybe characters with hands would be able to work well in that world  :PCera

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
July/Aug: Book cover: Create a book cover for your favorite book, with LBT characters!
I'm not sure the LBT gang would combine that well with the Harry Potter world, though. :bestsharptooth
Harry Potter was actually one of the things I thought about haha. I can totally see three of the main cast with wizard hats on running away from a threeheaded sharptooth standing on a trap door (though I guess that wouldnt make much sense for a cover :P ) ;)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The current prompt is now half way through until the deadline. Who's still trying to come up with an idea? :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Coming up with ideas is easy, drawing them is the challenge  :wacko

I'd love to participate but I just know I'll end up being frustrated half-way through and give up so I'll probably just pass again.
Inactive, probably forever.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Alas, yeah, I don't know if I'll be doing this one either. I came up with an idea initially, but I don't think it's up to snuff.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not looking too good for this prompt I see. Only around 11 days left with no signs of people working on it.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I hate to say it, but I'm still kinda insecure about sharing my art at times. That's probably contributed to my creative motivational breakdown these past few months.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't think anyone else was working on the prompt, but just in case here's a reminder that today is the final day to submit it.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, it's a new month which means a brand new prompt! Considering school has started or will be starting soon for a lot of people this one seems like it will be relatable:

Sept/Oct: Stuck in school: The school year has started again and Mr. Thicknose has created such interesting lessons. Draw the characters in a school situation.

Let's see what sort of school scenarios the gang finds themselves in!