The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RIP Whitney Houston

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
I heard about this an hour ago. It's all over Facebook and Twitter. I can't believe she's gone so suddenly, a major talent gone, and she was so young. Only 48.  :cry  No news on what led to her death.

I loved her voice, and her stories of growing up in her mother's gospel world. I remember one story in particular, when Mahalia Jackson sang at Rev. Franklin's (Aretha's dad) church, and afterwards she'd come to the house and fix an old time fried chicken dinner. I'm digging out the old LP's and CD's now.

RIP Whitney. You will be very missed. :(

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
RIP Whitney. It's sad to see one go too soon. :(
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Wow. That's just terrible, but I'm not surprised. That woman had health problems for years. Bad ones, too. Too bad she never recovered.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Bruton the Iguanodon

I was down at a music store and had just settled on getting her "I'm your baby tonight" album when someone said "Whitney Houston's dead" and I thought he was joking about her career being over and then someone showed me on a computer nearby that he was right.   :cry I couldn't believe it at first. Wasn't she just alive the last time I'd checked wikipedia?  :cry  So I got the album---they told me I hadto now, and also I wish I'd gotten "My love is your love" now too. Next time, I guess.

This is the second death of a pop musician I can remember in my lifetime, the first being Michael Jackson. But whereas I wasn't really into Michael Jackson, I am into Whitney right now. Or at least her earlier stuff. If I had known she was going to die today, I never would have made that joke on the Petrie/Mo caption. I actually think I'm going to remove it.

R.I.P. Whitney Houston. You'll be forever missed here on earth.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I loved "The Bodyguard" as a kid, and I very much admired her voice.  My favorite songs of hers include "I Have Nothing", "Queen of the Night", "So Emotional", and "One Moment in Time".  

Her version of "Jesus Loves Me" made a difference at some point in my life.  Back when I was a teenager, I was going through a really difficult time and I felt things would never get better to the point where I had almost considered ending it all, but listening to her version of the song brought me hope and helped restore and strenghten my faith in the message of the song.  Fortunately, things got better and have only gotten better since :).  For that, I will always be able to say she made a difference in my life without knowing it.

I wish she had been able to get away from her marriage to Bobby Brown and drugs sooner.  She probably would've lived longer :cry.  

I especially feel sorry for her daughter, who is only nineteen and her mother is dead.  That's really sad :(.

R.I.P Whitney :cry.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
RIP Whitney.  Her earlier years were better to her.  The marriage and drugs were the end of the soul/pop singer of the 80s that brought her fame in the first place.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well damn! This month we had deaths from Don Cornelius, Ali, and now Whitney Houston. What is going on here? It's funny that some people blame Bobby Brown for Whitneys' death when they haven't been together for years. Like Micheal Jackson, she had to fight those demons that haunted her for a long time. Hollywood is a rough place.  :( You may end up being a prisoner of your own success.