The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Yellowbellies

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I noticed there wasn't topic about these characters. I can understand why, they aren't very popular characters with too many people. However, I really don't think these characters are as bad as some people may label them as. Sure they can be annoying, but I think the least annoying one was, "Wise One".
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 12:19:23 AM by Amaranthine »

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I found the "Heimlich" scene to be hilarious, especially the Gang's faces :p  :lol.  However, I wonder how those Yellowbellies ever survived :blink:.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
I thought they were annoying and goofy.  They're like the Ewoks of LBT except the Ewoks actually had a purpose.  I take it back.  They're more like Jar Jar Binks.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I thought they were annoying and goofy. They're like the Ewoks of LBT except the Ewoks actually had a purpose. I take it back. They're more like Jar Jar Binks.

Awwwww.....poor Jar Jar. :( Put him with the yellow bellies.  At least he didn't initiate a horrendously annoying song right in the middle of the movie and turn the characters we know and love into laughing lunatics. :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've only seen them in the yellowbelly bounce song, not counting the sleeping yellowbellies in the how do you know song.  

They look like a silly bunch, In certain movies it would be ok.  But most lbt movies have been pretty serious, with some comedy.  It sounds like the 13th movie may be the other way around, lots of comedy with a bit of serious stuff now and then.  Which is a big departure from LBT.  Though I've not yet seen the 13th movie so can't say really.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Kor,Oct 25 2008 on  04:03 AM
Though I've not yet seen the 13th movie
I'd recommend you keep it that way.

The only song I liked from LBT 13 was "How Do You Know?" Ironically, the yellow-bellies slept through it.

The only good thing is I think the producers realized that the yellow bellies were a flop, because they never cameoed in a TV episode. For that I'm eternally grateful.

Also, a serious question: Are the Yellow-Bellies an actual species? Like one that scientists know about?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've heard some speculate they are based on some dinosaurs called Beipiaosaurus.  

They were not the only ones not in a tv episode, the tiny sauruses were not either, but they were mentioned once in 1 episode.  The egg eaters from the 2nd movie were not either.

I'll reserve judgment on the 12 and 13th movies till I've seen them.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
They are okay. Personally those were some of the most intresting and wierdest characters in LBT series.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does make sense with so many lbt movies that some may be more comedically focused then others, and that seems to be the trend, more comedy then serious scenes .

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They were certainly crude creatures, sticking their derrieres to the sky to disguise themselves as bushes :blink:.  Also, when one of them ripped a fart while poor Ducky and Petrie were still crushed beneath them.  I suppose Grosevnor and the new director thought it'd be funny to put a dino version of a "Dutch oven" in the film :rolleyes:  :slap.  And their appetites!  They eat so much it makes me want to vomit just thinking about it :x!  I absolutely love the LBT series, but I'm a bit afraid to see what may be in the (hopefully) next sequel :unsure:  :wacko:.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As I said I'll reserve judgment till I've seen it.  But if they changed directors I'm not surprised the feel changed.  Look at the lbt movies from 1-11.  They do not all have the same feel to them.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
lBT 13 had a fart joke in it?   :blink:  From what I saw on youtube, LBT 13 looked like a flop anyway but now I really REALLY don't want to see it.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think Grimm and Nagase from AC5 would be good friends with the Yellowbellies.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if the next one will be as comedy focused.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Oct 24 2008 on  11:39 PM
I thought they were annoying and goofy. They're like the Ewoks of LBT except the Ewoks actually had a purpose. I take it back. They're more like Jar Jar Binks.

Awwwww.....poor Jar Jar. :( Put him with the yellow bellies.  At least he didn't initiate a horrendously annoying song right in the middle of the movie and turn the characters we know and love into laughing lunatics. :p
the Yellowbelly Bounce song is awesomely epic. how could anyone NOT like it? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEH6n52auI for those that havent experienced the epic insanity of it :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like watching it, though I feel they have all the talking to lengthen the song perhaps.  & perhaps also it means less story script they need to write.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Poor Jar Jar.  I thought he was a funny character, too :unsure:.

The fart mishap is not very loud.  Ya have to pay attention to hear it.  LBT 13 did not have the same feel some of the older ones.  In fact, I did not feel much of any suspense after the fifth one until the swimming sharptooth scene in LBT 9.  I like the comedy factor in 13, but they really need to rev up the suspense to where it used to be when they (hopefully) release future sequels.  I recall somewhere on the GOF that somebody (Malte?) had mentioned the idea of Cera being in peril would be interesting to see.  That would be, but it would also be interesting to see her save Littlefoot for a change (aside from pulling him up in LBT 12).  I would also love to see Tricia able to talk and mingle with the Gang, but I don't want the series to stray any further than it has.  I love LBT, but I sure do miss the feel of the older sequels.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
More suspense could help to improve the story in spots. There could be other little things they could do to improve things here and there.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They were a bunch of retards...but they were cool Characters.